Zombieville USA update ideas

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by foppajoe, Jan 31, 2010.

1. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #1 foppajoe, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    1. Survival Mode
    Here's what i'm picturing, Survival Mode........You start in a level of about half the length of a normal level. There is ONE big house that you cannot go into during levels in the middle - It is where you buy things in between waves. There are 1 minute waves of zombies, and at the end of each wave their is a new boss zombie. The boss has the speed of the 'sprinter' zombie and the lots of health! Each wave = +zombies +zombiehealth +boss stats to the next wave! You can buy stuff at the end of each wave in 'THE HOUSE'

1.1 Rescue Mode

Levels are 2x as long. Lots of houses. You go into every house to find survivors. You find them. You protect them. You bring them back to your safe house area at the level start. You go look for more. Repeat until all survivors are found. You can only but things in your safehouse area: so stock up before going out to get another one. There's a timer starting at 3:00 when you leave. Each survivor rescued = +30 seconds on the clock.
    1.2 Endless Mode
    Same thing as now, except the level just keeps going and going. NO GOING BACKWARDS! You find things ONLY. No buying. However, you can find weapons and health!

2. Timed levels
    Right now, the best way to win - or at least a good strategy is to just wait at the end of the level and rack up melee kills. What I suggest is if you finish in say a minute, you get 300 dollars. If you finish in 45 seconds you get, 500 dollars. etc etc.. It would be cool to skip houses to get more money.
    Maybe a 'timer' function to be enabled via options menu?

3. Different Scenery/Routes

I'm picturing (in a new setting) the abillity to jump up to other routes via staircase . Also, multiple route options to get to point B. i.e. take the bottom sewers down a ladder/stairs where their may be less houses to take cover, and more zombies, but less distance.
    The basic variables being:
    1. normal zombie number
    2. special zombie number
    3. Distance to Point B
    4. number of houses
    5. likelihood to find ammo/health/money.

Maybe even the option to cross routes in the middle.
    Even simpler, you could make those variables can make up each level to make them unique (maybe in survival mode). i.e. level 18 has -houses, +distance. +zombienumber, -specialnumber likelihood level 'high'
    level 25 has +houses, -zombienumber, ++distance, +specialnumber likelihood level 'med'

4. New zombie
    I'm thinking one that throws things at you from afar but has very little health.
    might be uneeded

5. Temporary Weapon Upgrades/Items

Weapon Upgrades (probably too confusing)
    lasts for one level. cost money, but can be found
    Hollow Point/FMJ bullet upgrade (increased damage) $250
    Melee Weapon steel casting (increased melee damage) $250
    Items
    You can carry one item. Use it by pressing the new 'item' button when in a house only. Items cost money, but can be found.
    1. Health Pack (heal ~25% of your health instantly in the level) $150
    2. Adrenaline (straight out of L4D2) faster moving, +melee weapon speed, and +melee weapon damage. lasts for ~8 seconds. $150
    I can't think of anymore right now. Got any ideas?

6. New Weapons (may be uneeded)

alternate weapons (not upgrade, alternate upgrades to the weapon you currently have. it'll appear next to the current upgrade. i.e. upgrade 1 ($650) - upgrade 2 ($600)
    1. Club : +range, slow hit speed, +zombie knockback, slightly lower damage
    2. SuperShotgun: slow fire rate, has knockback similar to melee weapons, ++damage
    I can't think of anything right now. Got any ideas?

7. ONLINE LEADERBOARDS
    nuff' said

Summary:

NEW GAME MODE(S)
    NEW WEAPONS
    NEW LEVELS/SCENERY
    NEW ZOMBIES
    LOW LEVEL TIME = MORE POINTS
    *WEAPON UPGRADES
    *ITEMS

What are your ideas to add some more variety into this simple game? I do not want to detract from the simple, yet challenging gameplay, but I fear I might have. The main things I want are new modes, leaderboards, and new levels.

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Those are all great ideas but I think they're too busy with OMG Pirates! right now.

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Get Doodle Army.

4. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    need to add leaderboards to our games make it more replay

5. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    will look into it. The multiple level routes, i really don't care about. just the gamemodes, timed levels, new scenery, and the leaderboards really. also,different weapon upgrade choices would be nice.

forgot to add that. thanks.

6. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    I hope they don't stop updating zombieville usa! one of my favorite games. im playing right now :D

7. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I actually like a lot of these ideas. :)

It never ceases to amaze me the level of enthusiasm that still exists for Zombieville. We definitely plan to keep adding on to it, and may yet give it a full-on sequel at some point, as it's showing its age a bit compared to other shooters on the app store (coming up on its first birthday, woohoo!)

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    So there will be more updates? :D

9. Z4AP

Z4AP Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Is there an update in development?

10. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    its unnecessary, not UNEEDED

11. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    We're not actively working on Zombieville right this minute I'm afraid, to be quite candid, these games are just made and maintained by my wife and I, and we've been pretty busy for the last month. For one, we finally got married, and two, we've been buying our first home, so our app development time has been minimal. We just submitted OMG Pirates! Lite though, which should be available soon for those who like to try before they buy.

Most of what we're doing right now is doing a lot of writing, making prototypes, making concept art, and generally brainstorming. And now we've got the iPad to worry about too! I can't say for sure what you'll see from us next, but we have no intention of leaving our apps to languish. That said, there's no way we can update both of our games at the pace our fans would like AND still make new games (and stay sane).

If you want to stay up to date with what we're doing, feel free to follow us on Twitter @MikaMobile.

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

you got married? congratulations! good luck in the future!

13. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    congrats :)

chris.

14. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    I here from your twitter that you are starting zombieville 2. make it different is all i can say. don't pull a left 4 dead (2), where the sequel is just the same.

Hope to see some great new things out of you. You have good talent. congrats on your marriage!

15. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Best of luck in all your new endeavors. It's great that you can have each other as partners in life as well as in work. I hope you guys can continue pursuing your dreams. And BTW, you deserve the success you've had so far. I don't know what it is, but your games are just FUN.

If you ever update Zombieville, I have just one suggestion. Add the ability to enter a home by using a quick upward swipe or by adding a door button just above the directional contols. When it gets hectic, it can be a disruption to have to move a thumb off of the controls in order to tap a door.
    And that's it. That's the only little change I see any need for. Anything else is gravy. That game just seems to be exactly what it's supposed to be.

Okay. Now I shut up.