Zombieville 2 - by Mika Mobile (Devs of Battleheart)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jdragoon19, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The end of summer is nigh, and sadly we're still not done with Zombieville 2. Sorry for the delay!

The game is steadily shambling towards completion, we just ran into the usual speedbumps that plague any game as it nears release. I just posted some first screenshots and a whole bunch of blithering about our design intent with this sequel, and how the gameplay has been changed since the original game, on our blog. Here's a link for those who are interested:

http://mikamobile.blogspot.com/2011/09/zombieville-2-details.html

2. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Looking good, I'll be anticipating the release :D Zombieville USA was a great game!

3. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Nice!
    But I'm kind of worried that for the 3 different fire buttons, the screen seems a bit busy and clogged. Is it fine once you start playing and remember where each button is?

4. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Woooow looks awesome, can't wait!!!

5. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I played the lite version of the first one and thought it's was meh. Maybe I would pay 99 cents but most likely not. I like side scrollers so I hope this next one gets my attention.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Liked the first one a lot! It WAS frustrating, though, when you died, you had to start all over. Maybe that will be changed in this new one (I hope)!

7. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    On screen buttons always look pretty huge and clumsy in screenshots, when there aren't fingers obscuring them. :)

I think you'll find that when you actually play it, your awareness of them quickly fades away and you kinda just operate on muscle memory after a couple minutes of getting used to their positions.

8. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    Hey Noah!

I'm sorry to hijack your thread, but when I saw Zombieville 2's screenshots and gameplay description, I was afraid that a few months from now you'd say we copied your ideas. So, without further delay, here are some screenshots from our game "A Bloody Bad Day":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=107828

Gameplay is pretty similar to Zombieville 2, but with some tweaks. I guess we both got our inspiration from the same places :)

We should have it out by the end of the year, perhaps early 2012, and we weren't planning on publishing any screenshots until we were close to completion, but after your post we really had no choice :rolleyes:

Again, I'm sorry to hijack your thread. You've been nothing short of fantastic in Unity forums and I wish you a lot of success for Zombieville 2 and all your other games.

See you!

Alex

9. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    No worries Alex, I don't think I would have squealed "RIPOFF" if I saw this a few months from now. I don't claim to have invented the concept of side-scrolling action games. :p

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I think both artstyles are different enough to avoid catcalls from paranoid fanboys crying idea theft. Then again there are idiots still crying about Muffin Knight and Super Crate Box so what do I know?

Any chance for online multiplayer?

11. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    Thanks for your answer. Our games share a bit more than the side scrolling part (no worries there :p), that's why I was slightly worried. The weapon store, the player stats and even the GUI distribution look similar. The art styles are totally different and that actually has some impact on game play.

In the end I guess we're not really competitors, because in this price range people will buy multiple games of the same style. However I've got to admit that your games made me work much much harder than I would have without your "competition" :)

See you around,
    Alex

P.S.- End of my thread hijack.

12. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    You bet, co-op multiplayer was actually one of our major goals with this sequel, I just didn't talk about it much in that particular post. You'll be able to play Zombieville 2 online (with voice chat if you like) via Gamecenter. Local co-op via bluetooth is also available.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Wow. Online with voice chat? That's pretty amazing. Definitely looking forward to this!

14. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I know this is off the topic..

Hey Mika Mobile

Any plans to make Battleheart 2? I love that game!

15. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I don't think the two of you have anything to worry about. Both of you have put in a large amount of thought and effort into developing these games. Also, lots of games have similarities with each other. This stays true even to the big boys of the game developing scene. Popular FPS's have the same features (Call of Duty and Halo credits have the same functions in which it advances your rank and allows you to purchase things from an in-game store).

16. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011

Actually, your game looks pretty interesting too. I may end up getting it as well as Zombieville 2 because of this...

17. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.....bump?

18. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I really love the zombieville art, it looks amazing!

19. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Looking forward to this one. Hope it comes out in the next couple weeks.

20. luckystarla

luckystarla New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    That is awesome! I really have fun with the first Zombieville and can't wait to see what happens in part 2!!!
    --->
    The only problem I had with it was with the last update - it took away the NEW controls - those were the controls I was use to playing with so the CLASSIC controls made it very difficult. It should be a choice, not an updating issue.