iPad ZombieSlide v1.0 $0.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eyeofgod, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Eyeofgod

Eyeofgod Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    #1 Eyeofgod, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    ZobieSlideIconOpenFeint.png

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/es/app/zombieslide/id399991384?mt=8

ZombieSlideBanner150x49.png

Description
    You have sliced fruits (if not, you should). You have sliced vegetables. But, you DON'T have slice... ZOMBIE HEADS!!

But all in the life isn't slicing and cutting... Choose between 4 weapons: Machete, shotgun, pistol and bow. Try to slide, explode, pierce... all the zombies you can before they eat your brains.

This is a complete indie game. Your support will be great!

ZombieSlideScreenshot1.png

ZombieSlideScreenShotTouch.png

ZombieSlideScreenShotTouch2.png

The game is similar to Fruit ninja, but instead of slicing fruit you can slice what all of us likes more: Zombies (A friend told me if I don't think that are already enough zombie games in the store, but i told him that you never get tired of killing zombies, aren't you?). Also the game has some new mechanics in form of new weapons, like the pistol, shotgun and bow. I hope you like it. If you would like new weapons tell me. Maybe a poll with the weapons can do the job?

As promised, here it is a gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYcvJbi4P8

Any comments or suggestion to improve the game will be great.

Thx!!

Cesar

2. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #2 madmud101, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    Hey Cesar

Do you have a gameplay video you can show us? A trailer perhaps?

3. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    I was going to record the video today, so it will be up soon, so you can take a look at the gameplay.

4. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    i have just uploaded the video. Hope you like it :)

5. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Really?

6. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks for the video.

Unfortunately, this seems too much of a clone than an actual standalone game.

Even though I like the art style and zombie twist I already have a better alternative stored on my iPod.

The weapons don't change the game enough to make it unique either.

Sorry

7. Melviria

Melviria New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Game Impressions

I disagree. I've also played Fruit Ninja and I don't think this is a simple clone. Of course, both games share one of the mechanics, but ZombieSlide propose three alternatives to increase the level of difficulty of the game.

Cesar, given that you accept suggestion about new weapons, how about a chainsaw?? Could be fun.

8. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Too much of a clone in my opinion

9. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    New update on the way+promocodes

Following people feedback, a new version is currently submitted to the AppStore. The machete control has been revised to make the gameplay more fluid.

Here there go the last promocodes i have. I hope you like it.

RWTLTXY9WEJE
    P7NA37W6H3TM
    MHJ4WXTR4A9P
    9EFL4H4RJTFF
    KF4R7EH9XWXL

Cesar

10. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    I'm preparing a new update, so I accept suggestions and feedback on the game, such as bugs or new weapons.
    I'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks a lot.

11. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Sorry mate but this is defiantly a clone of Fruit Ninja and this game will never sell. Why get this game when you can get Fruit Ninja For the same price?. I Suggest you go back to the drawing boards and come up with a new idea. Not trying to sound mean or anything.

12. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    I think is a bit arrogant to tell someone that his game isn't gonna sell. Do you really think that is the same of fruit ninja? Probably you haven even test it. It share one mechanic with Fruit Ninja, but the game has three more.

Saying that a game isn't gonna sell because is similar to other only prove that you have little knowledge of the game Appstore market. I can give you thousand of examples, but I will lend you here two clear ones:

Angry birds, Crush the castle, Castle smasher, Fragger

Doodle Jump, Mega Jump, Bird Strike, NinJump.

May I talk about the succesfull sales of runners or is enough?

If people like a game mechanic but they get tyred of the setting or the aesthetics they will search for another alternative, even more if they are not core gamers.

13. wolfpowpow

wolfpowpow Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I kind of agree with the statement but I think you really need more than just 3 modes of play to be really interesting and worth downloading.

The moment you used a head which splits into half. This will instantly let people connect you to FN. VS is really lucky to ride on the fame, other titles like Cut Cut boom which is FREE now, is still in the sewers.

My suggestion is, if you are able to program the game to this extend, I believe you can do better than this. Don't be discourage, keep improving the game.

People are not being offensive here, just they want see some original ideas instead of a full clone. :D

14. Iphoneapps

Iphoneapps Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Germany
    Why people compare Veggie Samurai with Fruit Ninja or ZombieSlide with Fruit Ninja. Did you see Fruits in the game ? I not. I don't understand why people try everytime ,when a new game released ,based on the same concept like Fruit Ninja, to compare it and say this is a clone . Is Call of Duty a Battlefield clone. Is Giana Sisters a clone of Mario, Is N.O.V.A. a clone of Halo....
    Could find thousands another samples. N.O.V.A should be then Halo: Nova...
    Giana Sisters should be then Mario: Giana Sisters and so on.

ZombieSlide based on the same concept (Slide) ,but that's it. It's not a Reskin ,it's complitly new game. Veggie Samurai, too. More Gamemodes, great gameplay and so on.

Well, Angry Birds based on the same concept like Crush the custle or anything would say it's not true? Mega Jump and Doodle Jump = same concept. There thousands of games which have the same concepts, but there complitly different in gameplay, graphic ,sounds, controls .........

Anyway ,your game looks great, nice idea.

15. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I like the zombie theme and the different weapons (which don't really make sense), but it gets a bit boring if you have to slice only heads.

Maybe you could add some other body parts too.

Copying the fruit ninja game play 1:1 may not be a lucky move either. You could have so many other options to make the game play unique even if it is only slicing...

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game itself aside, I just can't believe that somebody could go through the whole process of naming a game, designing a logo, title screen, etc. and throughout all that retain the "slide" instead of "slice" error. If the developer is too oblivious/ignorant/careless/lazy to check the meaning of a word he's using in a TITLE for a game he hopes to sell to other people, you'd think somebody along the way would tell him. But no, apparently. The mind boggles.

17. wolfpowpow

Jul 30, 2010
    Yeah! MonsterKill is nice, and they are still using the swiping method. with other gestures to make it unique.

18. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    New Update. ZombieSlide 1.0.1

Gabrien:
    You say that the title is wrong because you think it has to be "slice" instead of "slide". It's not a mistake slide is correct.

Anyway, there are many forms of telling an opinion, but we can group them in two: respectful and disrespectful. You have fall in second. For someone who has a full time 48 hours/week work and in his free time and sleeping hours makes a game, telling him that is lazy is really an insult.

Anyway, Apple has approved the ZombieSlide 1.0.1 update. In this update I have fixed all the bugs that people have reported and the machete control has been improved.

For the next update, (i hope it would be a content), the inclusion of more zombie parts will be great. How about weapons?

Yeah, "Monster kill" is great :)

19. wolfpowpow

Jul 30, 2010
    Go for more crazy stuffs. Your target audience is already different. Might as well go extreme. :D

20. Eyeofgod

Nov 6, 2010
    I have to be very careful with the content of the game. If it's too violent apple will not approve it. At least we can have comic violence in our games (Are we going to see some day a mortal combat version for the iPhone?) I hope apple doesn't increase more his censure.