Zombiesim... Has anyone tried this game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stardat, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Stardat

Stardat Member

Jul 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Has anyone tried this game yet? It looks pretty interesting, but I need to hear some feedback first before making a purchase.

Here is a trailer from the developer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXpTlsjYbw0

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    That... Was the weirdest... Trailer... I had ever seen... Voice is very not in depth, no music, patches of squares, dots, and bombs... Very... odd

3. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh i've seen something and played something like this on the net before. You basically do nothing but watch dots representing zombies infect dots representing the uninfected. All the while you'll see some humans fight while others run. And this goes on until all are infected or the zombies are killed.

4. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I laughed so hard at that trailer.

5. Stardat

Stardat Member

Jul 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    It looks interesting...but I just can't tell how it plays. Right now I saved it on pandoras box. I may wait for a price drop before I make a decision.

6. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You don't play it, it plays itself by moving the humans and zombies around which are represented by color-coded dots. But the developer did add some interactivity by adding military weapons you can use.

7. Stardat

Stardat Member

Jul 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    If that is all that you do then I may have to hold off for now. I just don't want it to be one of those games I play a few times and then it just collects dust. The trailer is great though. The voice acting is so bad... that it's good

8. sebasterbator

sebasterbator Well-Known Member

The bombs! KEEP DROPPING THE BOMBS!

9. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    what in tarnation!?

[​IMG]

10. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    ...that's just depressing to look at. i feel bad for people.

11. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

The........Zom-bie..................sim

12. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    aw poor hamster lol

13. Will090

I'm so tempted to buy this

14. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    For some odd reason so am I. I wonder if all you have are bombs to drop. There are green buildings that are supposedly armories, I wonder what they are used for.

15. Will090

If your able to set up your own city that would be awesome. You could create crazy scenarios. I wish there was more info in the description

16. Will090

#17 Will090, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    Ok so I bit the the bullet and bought this game. My first major TOFTT :D

So this is a zombie sim obviously. You put some zombies in a city and see how fast they can infect the whole city. You can interfere with bombs (there are two types small bomd by tapping the screen, large by holding) though and some citizens can fight back. If you have any interest in zombies you might enjoy this cause you can customize zombie population, human population, City Complexity (amount of buildings), and city coverage (location of buildings. However there is no full on map editor (would be awesome if there was) You pretty much get what you see here, a zombie sim. The zombies should be smarter however because it seems they just patrol they're own little area and don't actively go after humans. Once you completely eradcate the zombie horde or the city is conquered you can tweet your results So if you like zombies this may be for you, and if you don't your dollar has better places to go. This game does have a lot of potential to build off of though

17. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Thanks for TOFTTing, it sounds interesting. Have you figured out what the armories are for? Can the humans supply themselves with weapons if they're nearby and defend themselves?

EDIT: Post 2000!

18. Will090

Oh yes the armories allow nearby civilians to arm themselves and fight zombies

19. KingMe1220

KingMe1220 Member

Nov 9, 2009