Zombies shooting game - ALIVE 4-EVER

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Meridian, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    your saying this is left 4 dead on the iphone because the game is called alive 4 ever.......the only same thing is the 4.

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    its nothing like left4dead
    you cant compare the two, their both entirely different games

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island

im with you man 100%

4. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Soooooo after we beat the 30 missions.........? Then what can we do? Restart?! :D I LOVE doing that..hope there's a challenge mode or survival mode with leaderboards.

5. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    You're jokinng right? Have you ever played Left 4 Dead?

6. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nowhere, CA
    i dont care what this game looks like er doesnt look like.....but i know it looks pretty sweet and i cant wait for it!

7. rick2293t

rick2293t Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Let the ranting begin

Srry fanboys this looks way better than minigore already
    =p
    first off its a complete game no having to wait for much anticipated updates
    i understand the dev of minigore is very good at his job and the game is fantastic with many cool updates and it has alot of potential but i mean the update process is long and the only downside to this game is that if a better one comes out then well forget about this one
    i dont think there will be a better survival shooter for a pretty long time after this
    i actually like the art style better on minigore but its just that this game is ahead of minigore
    BUT... im just saying from what i see right now once we have the game we can critisize it and tell for real if it is good or not :)

8. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    no im not joking. whats so identical about it?

it has some zombie/monsters.. so. lots of games do, it doesnt mean its a direct copy of left4dead

9. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    That's what I was thinking, finally game where we don't have to wait for an update for it to get good.

A game where the point is to shoot herds of zombies with a heavy emphasis on 4 player co-op, how does that not sound like left 4 dead, even has a 4 in the middle of the name.

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    the only way its similar is the 4 in the name.. nothing else

theres lots of games with the same aim at to shoot and survive. just because it has coo-op and zombies it doesnt make it a similar game.. not at all

11. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    i think he is referring to the enemies displayed, which were quite similar to left 4 dead, the long tounge guy (smoker) the fat zombie that exploded (boomer) the sort of fast big guy that knocks you across the map (tank) the only one we didnt see was a witch lol

12. Capsilus

Capsilus Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Let me start of by saying off coarse I will buy this game, I love dual shooters.
    However after watching the game play trailer I'm left wanting more, I don't like the fact that all the guns use the same in-game graphic, the character is always holding the same gun while playing.
    I really like small details in games and this one is not doing it, then again I'm a hard critic.
    I love conventional weapons, but where are the phase rifles, a plasma cannon, or even a pulse rifle would have added some extra fun on top of the regular weapons. I see about a max of 8 to 10 characters on screen at one time, I would love to see 60 to 80, I know it can be done.

Then my biggest pet peeve with zombie / shooters in general is why do corpses and blood have to fade out. I want to see pools/sprays of blood stay throughout the whole game, I want to see corpses pile up like Jenga, would be so much fun. :)

13. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ^^ not all of that is possible tho.. currently, i mean the 3Gs could handle it but all the other I devices would struggle doing most of that (i would assume anyways)
    either way, ill buy this just for the co-op to keep me filled untill minigore gets it

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    okay, you kill zombies in left 4 dead right? This game is exactly like left 4 dead because theres zombies in it. Plus how are comparing this to left 4 dead?

15. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    ill repost

i think he is referring to the enemies displayed, which were quite similar to left 4 dead, the long tounge guy (smoker) the fat zombie that exploded (boomer) the sort of fast big guy that knocks you across the map (tank) the only one we didnt see was a witch lol

16. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ^^ just because they both have some same types of monsters. it doesnt make them the same. alive4ever has lots of different monsters to l4d. they are nothing alike

17. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I think the concept is the same. 4 player co-op killing zombies. I'm sure there are more similarities.

18. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    umm that's like saying If I created a game called war of gears, added enemies that look like locusts and instead call them something else, make the main chat Dom, and his friend Marcus, and it's an it's shooter and saying it's nothing like gears of war...

This game has many similarities, four player coop, enemies, even the characters... Three males and one female... The added rpg elements is something different, but as you can plainly make out this game is easily inspired by left4dead.(alive-opposite of dead... The whole title is opposite to left4dead)

19. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ^^ yes. but lots of games are inspired by l4d. again, similar monsters and a game with the same goal. survive, has been done lots of times. it in no way makes it relate or be similar to l4d

20. potheadhero

potheadhero Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Developer/Student
    I came across this game and I........jizzed in my pants. This game looks really good. Looking forward to buying it.