Zombies & Me: Highscores

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eggzbacon, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Well, I'll tell you this: if you've read the 8lbs Gorilla thread and the devs comments on it that they they're at #90 on iTunes and want us to "get our friends to drop a buck" so they can do an update and add a leader board.... don't hold your breath about the lag :(

Here it is, but you'll have to skim it for the comment from the dev:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=18447

I hope/trust its tongue in cheek, but don't think so, which I find rediculous being an arm of a publicly traded company EA. idk, still like the game and workin on the score, so watch out!

2. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Aww that's not cool :( The games good but to hold updates hostage in order to get more sales is upsetting. Wouldn't you think after making the game better ala updates it would have a bigger appeal to others that may want to buy it? Ah well guess that's why I'm not in the business :p

Glad to see I'm still on top though :cool: songkranw gave me a run for my money! I might just have to get another high score :rolleyes:

Oh so how does the timer work? 00:00:00:00 if it was just three rather than four it would make sense to me but for some reason it looks like hours:don't know: mins: seconds.... what is it really lol

edit: Well I'm spoiled now as I have the 3GS and I can say no lag on that. When zombies surround you the screen does go nearly blank but just a small circle around you. I did notice when in the higher levels and a bunch of zombies everywhere there are some that have just frozen in place. It's kind of funny running by them as they just stand there not moving

3. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    #23 Masmo, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    Here's my score :D It's not too great but I'm working on it.

[​IMG]

In case you can't see it, here's my stats: 8169 score and 769 zombies killed

4. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    That picture isn't working for me :( What'd you get?

5. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Just got it this morning:

[​IMG]

16 minute game :p Got killed when surrounded by zombies on the bomb zone :(

6. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    I will not be defeated! :D

Attached Files:

7. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Oh, now it's on :p

8. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    haha bring it! One of the few games I seem to be able to compete in ;)

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Edited the top ten

10. Got this on my second try of the game:

[​IMG]

Trying to quadruple it today.

11. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Aww doing really bad now =( Gonna take a break for a while and come back refreshed :D

12. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #32 Dark NRG, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    Karma's a bitch :p

Man, that's a great score! I think its like 3 sec countdown when they have you surrounded.

I think a plausible tip is to sit on a target when it's heavy, and have them jump you, then tap/jump just before the bomb, and the bomb doesn't affect you.
    I keep thinking that's working when I'm on the edge of the target, yet inside, and expect to die but don't. Does it seem that way to you??

New high here:

Attached Files:

13. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

35K !!!! You !@#@! :mad::mad::mad:

Alright I won't let my iPod Gen2 lose to technology... JUST YOU WAIT!!!!

(Dam* that would take more than 20 Min per game. Internet sure a scary place.)

This game sure took me play more than 4 hours now. So it is $0.26/ Hr.!! :eek:

14. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #34 Dark NRG, Jul 16, 2009
    Dude, You're my hero.
    My iTouch is gonna blow up anywhere near that LOL

@eggzbacon thanks for keepin track!

15. frostilucus

frostilucus Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Male
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    When you are swarmed- try shaking the device as opposed to tapping. That also shakes them off and you're able to keep your finger on the screen.

As for holding updates hostage... we need to show the game has some staying power to justify an update. We've moved onto game #2, but will perform an update as opposed to doing game #3 if Z&M hits in the top 10 of Top Paid Apps. We have some cool ideas for what to work in and would love to up the zombie killing to volume eleven for you!

16. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I wonder why this game isn't available in the UK store?

17. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    #37 Gamingfun, Jul 16, 2009
    Ah cool I didn't know about shaking the screen. I just tap towards the direction I want to go and usually end up safe :) I understand about the update seeing that you're already moving onto game 2 and probably thinking about ideas for the 3rd! Do you have a high score or would it just embarrass us ;)

Where is Z&M in regards to the sales chart. I just checked my phone and see it's not within the top 50 :(

Anyway just in case someone thought they could beat me. Here is another top dog :eek: and yes once you get into a high score challenge the casual aspect of games quickly go out the door haha and indeed I have played this round for a lot longer than 20 mins.

Attached Files:

18. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Gonna keep pushing up ;)

[​IMG]

I'm a struggler!

19. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    Ooooh I see how it is :cool: it'll have to wait till I have a solid amount of time to take that score on lol

20. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    The race to break 50,000! :)