Universal Zombiebucket (by ONE MORE LEVEL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This is a rad puzzler. Totally unique and an instant download after playing Deadlings for so many months.

Would love to see a sequel to Deadlings some day if the budget calls for it. :)

2. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Captain @ Submachine Factory
    Warsaw, Poland

Deadlings is a game by One More Level, and Zombiebucket is just published by them. ;)

3. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    #23 L0ck, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Always cool when the devs are so open to (reasonable) feedback. I'll check this out.

EDIT: or at least I WOULD check it out if it were available in my app store. Dev, can you guys get this into more markets (specifically, Japan)? Switching back and forth between that and the US stores is a pain, but if worse comes to worst I'll try to remember next time I switch.

4. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    #24 CptSub, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    It should be available in Japan! Check this link out and let me know if it works.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id957377598

EDIT: Or if that link doesn't work, try the one from this article:

http://www.gamebase.com.tw/news/topic/97978141/

PS. If the devs don't listen to feedback, they shouldn't be making games in the first place. Yeah, we are trying to make a living out of this, and we didn't quite manage to do that with our previous game, Gyro (although it was quite successful on Android), but if people have fun with what you made, that's the most rewarding thing.

PS2. A small bugfix update, fixing some silly stuff, like vibrations bug, is alredy in line for cert @ Apple.

5. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    And there it is! I guess because the name's in katakana on the Japanese store the link from the TouchArcade app didn't work.

I'll definitely be checking this out, thanks for the help.

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm curious about ranking system. Are there any advantages in increasing rank? Is there higher multiplier with higher rank? Anything at all? I'm 4/8 Special Forces but I see no difference except "it sounds cooler".

7. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    ATM, nope. It just sounds cooler. ;) But in the future, there'll probably be some special bucket/buckets that unlock with certain rank.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ok, fair enough. Thanks, looking forward to it;)

On different note. I'm playing on iPad mini with retina and it's quite obvious the game's made for widescreen resolution by default considering those side bars. It's a waste of space and you can fit two more columns for zombie blocks instead. Did you think about it? I just don't believe those side bars are there by design.

9. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    Yeah, we've considered all options, but ultimately we decided we wanted to keep the experience and gameplay consistent across the devices. That meant keeping the zombies grid size the same, so that someone with wider screen wouldn't get more zombies/longer chain options than someone with 16:9 aspect ratio screen, hence the bars.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=262723][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262612][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262789][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259458][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262755][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262657][​IMG][/thread][thread=262645][​IMG][/thread][thread=262617][​IMG][/thread]

Zombiebucket

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 28th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    After a little bit of consideration I gave my vote to Zombiebucket this week. I explained my choice in the GOTW thread. It was a strong week, but this game deserves a vote and proper recognition because it's great and has potential to be even greater. We'll see in less than two weeks I guess;)

12. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    Take this picture of a baby seal as a thank you!
    http://www.antennasdirect.com/blog/eb-content/uploads/2011/06/baby-seal.bmp

13. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I really like this game and hope it continues to be supported and added onto. I'd like to see a brain doubler or something.

14. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I'm keeping this one on my device while the balancing issues are (hopefully) sorted out. Even with a doubler, I think it'll still be a huge slog to make progress in Zombiebucket, but it's encouraging to see the developers are here and listening to our suggestions.

15. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    #35 CptSub, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Bugfix should alredy be up. We fixed the vibrations bug, colorbomb button and some other minor stuff. If you notice anything out of order, please let us know!

16. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
  17. Anotherkellydown

Just downloaded and played a couple games. I like it! The "popping" sound is oddly satisfying =)

One question: is there an in-game button for connecting to Game Center? I've closed and reopened the app a few times and it's not auto logging me in. Thanks!

18. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    Glad you like it! Please consider voting for us in that poll a few posts up. You can win a photo of a baby seal.

As for the Game Center issue, I'll check that with Filip (the programmer) and get back to you.

19. Anotherkellydown

Thanks for checking. I've already voted for my GOTW, sorry. =(

20. CptSub

CptSub Member

May 28, 2015
    Warsaw, Poland
    No baby seals for you then!