Zombie Road Trip - test & WIN PRIZES

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toolism_spokko, Oct 25, 2012.

1. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Wtf did someone take your formula and make "I hate Zombies" from the pictures it look strangely the same . Anyone else notice this ???

2. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Thought the same when I saw it yesterday. Wasn't exactly happy to see it, you know...

But after playing it... the games are actually pretty different

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Still must suck though when your game comes out people will think you are copying that game...... man they even have the spinning wheel that you have :mad:

4. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Tough luck I guess. They wrote in their thread that their game took over a year to produce. So did ours. So basically we came to pretty much same ideas at roughly the same time. Coincidence, but a sucky one for us

Especially since ZRT is ready and we made a conscious decision to release it early next year instead of going into the "December-craze"

It's not a first time though. Almost 4 years ago we released our 5th game - geoFighter, a slick retro style dual-stick shooter. The game took significantly less time to produce than ZRT (mostly because it was at least partly based on Geometry Wars), but it was still a really cool thing and worked great on old devices. So we had a great game, we knew it's fun and so on. Right before it's release we saw 2 other games (Isotope and NanoFighter) that looked almost identical. All 3 games were fun, all 3 deserved a big success. None achieved it, as we all fought with each other and the customers split. Crazy market ;)

5. cho777

cho777 Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    With my 50000m I would like to get Block ops from the AppStore ($.99)

6. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    I was going to say this some days ago. There are some differences, I just hope people see ZRT for its awesomeness.

7. GK-Tom

GK-Tom New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I would also love to beta test this game, love a challenge

8. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Got a collision issue with the dump truck. I was doing a front flip and somehow the front got stuck on the ground. Only happened once but still going thru with the dump truck and see if it occurs again.

Attached Files:

9. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    We will not be adding more beta-testers. Sorry about that. Honestly, the feedback that we've received so far has been absolutely awesome and far beyond what we expected

---

@ spikeyflip - interesting... I just checked how the dump truck looks in terms of physics and this *shouldn't* be happening. However, physics in games is often prone to errors. If you have just the right speed and fall with a very specific angle (compared to ground) this *might* happen. This was a problem during development, but we added lots and lots of extra measures to fix it and in the last few months you are the only person that triggered it

@ Kofiaa - thanks :) We hope so too !

10. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Do I get a prize for clearing all missions? hehe.

The 60000 coin mission should have a better reward :p

The dump truck should be priced lower as the handling is very tricky/front heavy imho.

Attached Files:

11. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Wow ! You're great man :) Sure, you'll get a bonus :)

PS: I just fixed 3 bugs visible on that screenshot :D

12. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Hey guys :)

We will be sending one more (very possibly a final) beta in a moment, although only to a selected few of you. It incorporates a few bugfixes that you reported, extra leaderboard for distance and some more smaller tweaks

This time your save state will not be affected, so don't worry - it's safe to install ;)

The biggest change occurred with the cars - their suspension has been reworked, so if you notice anything wrong with it, or you feel it's not as fun as before - do let us know!

This will be as close to Gold Master as it can be. Have fun ;)

13. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    The dump truck's handling feels way better now :)

Btw, I think the leaderboard for distance should say longest distance instead of highest distance ^^;;

14. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    #134 MikeSz_spokko, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Great :)

You're right. Changed now, should be live in few hours

15. spikeyflip

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Got stuck again with the dump truck FYi ^^;; I was landing and got stuck in that area with those 2 big zombies.

Attached Files:

16. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm new to testing, so forgive me if this is supposed to happen, but I just got a notification saying that my ZRT provisioning profile expires in 28 days. I wanna keep playing this game!

17. MikeSz_spokko

May 27, 2009
    Yes, this is supposed to happen. The version that you have was compiled using our distribution profile that already expired - I'm actually a bit surprised it's still working for you ;) This is normal - developers need to re-purchase licenses every year and our ended 2 weeks ago

18. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    My sister borrowed my ipod for some days now. I'm missing out on so much. Can't wait to have my name topping leaderboards :D

19. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Oh, ok. I was a little confused, but now I'm not! :D Anyway, I'm looking forward to release so I can tell my friends to get this!

20. Toolism_spokko

Toolism_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009