Universal Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (by Akaoni Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 8, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Read my post two posts above yours...

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Damn this version is quite a lot harder than Plus. And you only get a single continue! I was at the first boss, used the continue but lost. Now I'm back to square one. That kinda sucks. But I guess that's old school gaming for yah.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #23 amusing Grace, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Even harder? :(
    I so wanted to like the Plus version back in the day, but grew tired of it

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    The poetry of dialog sculptured fathoms and colorful galaxies on a brink of sanity and wispered chaos - by The Nothing
    {excert from The Calm Before The Brushstrokes}

heavily inspired playing
    Alice: Madness Returns

Thank you Devs for this update

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh wow more lives?? Nice! Reinstalling this one :)

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, reinstallation complete. Thanx Akaoni!

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Not enough to hold me. Would like too be able to continue right at point of death. Not much of a change from original imo.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Love this game and the new update is great! Also if someone is interested in trying out there is now a DX Lite version that just popped up in the App Store and it's ad free!

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The update made a huge difference! I managed to get to 2nd to last stage on my first run (and I had to relearn all the enemy / boss attacks). Initially I probably would've lost way before that. Just by doing that I unlocked all the characters.

I do wish you could pick stages in story mode just so I can watch those hilarious story strips.

Also I have to say for the amount of content, they compressed everything amazingly well. The file size is probably one of the best for what you get.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    How big are we talking? ;)

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    167 MB and thats not bad because the graphics are really good and the cutscenes as well. Pick it up its worth it especially if you like old school arcade shooters.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's the size of the game installed? O_O

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    My usage lists the game as 218 MB. And it's a whole lotta game (at least imo). Probably the most destructive environment I've seen in an iOS shooter and it's ridiculously fun. Even the enemy body parts fly off. I would recommend trying the free version to see if you like it!

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You are right I accidentally gave the size of the lite version which came out a couple days ago. I have both just cuz I wanted to see what the new lite version contained.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm playing the free version to see how I like it. I think I'll be buying. It's pretty crazy. I thought the music was going to annoy the inner rage in me but actually it's good lol. It sets the whole Japanese authentic gaming thing! I'm having a hard time doing the swiping, aiming, AND tilting though. I'm going to keep playing and see if I get better. I have to say it really is an intense experience and I really do like all the destructible environments. Then you add in the charging sumo wrestlers lol.

Billy

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah it definitely takes some getting used to but i feel like they're easy to adjust to. The real challenge is making sure you see all the enemies (some hide on the phone edge of your view) and learning their attacks so you can dodge them. I feel like the difficulty makes the game fun. Though the gripe I had before was that there's not enough lives until you have to start the game over but it's a lot easier now!