Universal Zombie Night Terror (by Plug In Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 21, 2019.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hit the devs up on Twitter and let them know. I've already reported my issues and I'm sure your device info and such will be a help to them.

2. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I have the feeling the game is draining battery... ipad pro 2015 12.9 here

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

The version 1.1 update is live! It “fixed a bug that caused the game to crash on start”. I wasn’t affected by the bug but am hoping it fixed some of the issues people were having.

metalcasket likes this.
  4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It sure did. :D

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Does this have cloud save, so same save on all devices?

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just a heads up as I see from comments here it use to cost more so maybe it’s on sale but it’s currently 99p on my AppStore.

Apparently I missed this or never got it because I wasn’t sure enough if it did cost more but for 99p and the comments here it’s a no brainier.....pun not intended.

macplash and yankeeblue000 like this.
  7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #27 macplash, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    @ste86uk thanks for the heads-up! I wanted to ask myself where was I when this came out but I can see now it's from the brief period when I didn't have any iOS device. I missed a lot of great titles apparently. Because otherwise I'd be all over it. I mean, watching the trailer -the colors, the pixel art. And mentioning Lemmings was just a cherry on top. What a masterpiece. Bought!

Btw, it’s 1,99€ for me (down from 6,99€) - what a steal for such low price! Incredible.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    This is really good but the best way to play is on a Ipad because of all the stuff that's going and the quick adjustments that need to be made with the levels and the tiny characters Its so easy to make a mistake and ruin your whole plan. I stopped playing because of the early demise of my Ipad but once I pick another one up I will pick this back up

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @yankeeblue000 I’m realizing the more and more games are playable with Apple Pencil on iPad. It’s more comfortable, more precise. Like the other day I was too lazy to grab my pencil from the other room so I tried to play Flexris with my finger for the first time. It was terrible!

I’m enjoying Aces of the Luftwaffe much more as well. Controlling the game this way gives me more space to see around. More comfort. So what you wrote about tiny characters, quick adjustments and iPad as the best way to play, it’s all right up my alley and I couldn’t be more happy to hear that!

ste86uk and yankeeblue000 like this.
  10. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I was thinking that as I was writing at the time that this would probably be perfect played with a Apple Pencil if possible I hope it is Enjoy

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’ll get time to check it out later but I don’t usually struggle with any game on my iPhone so hopefully it’ll still be pretty playable as I hardly use my iPad which is only the air 2 so getting old now!

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    This seems really good, although hard if you want to get the challenge too. It doesn’t seem well put together though it doesn’t seem to slowly introduce you to new things or any kind of tutorial? I’ve just found levels on the left and right side of the screen that seem to unlock the next when you complete one, is that how it works or am I missing any levels?

I see what you mean about an iPad as there’s a lot to pan around and look at on the iPhone and it’s hard to see who has a weapon etc to be able to change tactics. I’m sure it’ll still be playable but maybe not while I have the sun making my screen harder to see I’ll have to wait until I’m home to try again.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Let me tell you this. I love Lemmings. The classic series from years ago. It’s easy to forget these games are equally frustrating as are fun to play. Lemmings are incredibly stupid by nature, so it’s important to keep that in mind. They’re doing only what they’re told to. It’s always been about trial and error. Re-playing the same level over and over again was always a must. Especially to get the perfect score or reach more than the goal was.

I’ve played A LOT of clones of good old Lemmings over the years. Since Sony ruined the franchise with is crappy free to play version, playing lemmings-like games was the only option left. I liked Flockers by Team17 for example - creators of Worms. I liked playing Clones on Steam, which is like the closest thing to Lemmings. I played Kiwanuka and Caveman on mobile. And I’m sure a bunch of others as well. But the point I’m trying to get to is: Zombie Night Terror is my FAVORITE Lemmings clone by far.

It looks great, obviously. The black and white visuals combined with red blood and green infection are so mesmerizing. Sound effects are perfect. I love the gibberish instead of proper narrative. But fantastic presentation aside, the gameplay is what I love the most. It’s so Lemmings. Reaching a given goal for each level is usually a matter of two attempts - to get familiar with the settings and then to ace it. Getting the bonus challenge is completely different thing. It requires the perfect understanding of game mechanics, the surroundings, knowledge of all the actions that about to happen - how, when and why. I just love it! It requires planning and of course multiple trial and error attempts to get there. Just like Lemmings.

It works perfectly on iPad with Apple Pencil, although I don’t think the pencil is a must. At least not in first levels. Once it’s get crowded, I assume the pencil will offer as much advantage as possible to be precise enough. But I can’t tell yet. I’m not rushing it, I’m taking it slow, completing challenges in order. Just as I always do - it’s a curse (not really). I’m looking forward to increase in difficulty in later stages. And it looks like the game has a lot to offer, content-wise. I like it’s presented gradually.

All in all, this is the biggest surprise for me. I’m totally in love with this game and even though I’m like a year too late, I don’t care. I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of it. It absolutely fits to what I like to play. And it scratches that itch for proper Lemmings game - more than enough. Actually, what Lemmings? It’s Zombie Night Terror time!

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash that’s some feedback, a game couldn’t hope for better. I’m still trying to beat the challenges on the levels before moving on which does take a lot of effort especially on the iPhone I have to pan around a lot and zoom in because from the normal view you can’t really tell if people have weapons or not.

I do really like it but I feel like I’m terrible at it but maybe I’m putting too much pressure on trying to beat the challenges on the smaller screen.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk those challenges are hard AF, and I don’t think the size of the screen has anything to do with it. I have to pan and zoom as well. It’s the way the game’s designed. Lemmings were the same. It’s too much of a content to cover on a single screen. And it wouldn’t be a shame to just move on and keep completing those challenges for later. If it was only that easy, right?;) But I’m seriously thinking about it because with this rate it’d take me a year to finish the whole game. And I’m really curious for more game mechanics introduced in later stages. If you select missions on the right, it’ll give you a taste of what’s possible, but it’s too overwhelming for a beginners like us who just started playing. And man, it looks gorgeous!

ste86uk likes this.