Zombie Match Defense : [PREMIUM] Match-3/Lane Defense

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by shovelware, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Any word on a beta date?

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Looks like a promising game. Can't wait to try it out :)

3. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Beeeeeeeetaaaaaaaaaaa!

4. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Hahahaha Ditto!

5. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Ack! I stopped getting emails about replies to this post!

Beta has been submitted to Apple and we're just waiting on the approval for it to be added to TestFlight. I kinda expected it to get approved yesterday, but there was some shenanigans with iTunesConnect going down, which likely caused a traffic jam in the approval process. Fingers crossed that it gets approved today!

If you didn't get an e-mail from our MailChimp list last night, we don't have you on the list of beta testers. It's not too late! Sign up at zombiematchdefense.com. If you are signed up and you still didn't get an e-mail, check your spam folder and lemme know if you can't find it. I wanna make sure you get to play!

If you weren't on the mailing list before, here's the only thing you've missed so far.

I'm super hyped to get everybody in and playing!

[​IMG]

6. locomoco

Apr 7, 2015
    YESSSSSS!! This news made my day! Can't wait to start killing zombies!

7. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    No bugs yet....will do as instructed of any.
    The game is just as great as it looked like it would be.

8. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Awww, that's super great to hear! Thanks so much!

If anybody else missed the first round of beta invites, we'll be doing another round soon.

9. raven1370

raven1370 Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Fun

Lags after 4th level. 4th level turned into a slow motion type effect.

10. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah, getting several reports of that. Looking into it now!

11. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    #31 shovelware, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I'm actually having trouble reproducing this and can't figure out what the cause is. Are you by any chance using an iPad Air 2? The other bug reports I have with this issue happen to be using iPad Air 2, and I don't have one to test on.

Other possible questions (if you can remember the answers from when it was lagging):

• Which Scientists were you using?
    • Had any scientists died in previous levels? A lot of them?
    • Which items did you have equipped?
    • Which items had you been using?
    • Had you been in the levels a really long time, or had they been pretty short?

Thanks so much for any answers you've got, whatever you can remember will be helpful in tracking down what's going on and fixing it!

EDIT: I found the bug and fixed it. It'll be gone in the next build.

The problem was with the highlight twinkle on the brains when you select a power-up. It's way more obvious with a powerup that can be used on everything like the ice cream or the hook. What was happening was that after you use the item or de-select the powerup, the highlight was disappearing, but it was still trying to scale down smaller... infinitely... for every highlight that ever existed (each highlight exist independently of the object, so multiple highlights could be attached to an object). So the vast majority of the processing power was spent in these scaling down cycles and it got worse and worse every time a power up was selected.

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    As I booted up the game I was wondering if you sell T-Shirts with your logo on it?

13. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    It's funny you should ask that. I *JUST* ordered one for myself so I can wear it to trade shows. Coincidentally, I'll be at Casual Connect in San Francisco next week, if anybody is gonna be there/nearby. I'll have a bunch of stickers and the latest build of the game to show off.

I think I'll probably make shirts for sale at some point. Out of curiosity, what kind of shirt would you want? This is the mockup for the one I made for myself from Custom Ink:

[​IMG]

14. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey that's a happy coincidence there.... A shirt like the one you posted except with standard length sleeves would be cool.
    Even though your logo looks good against the bright white i was thinking a grayish blue would look good too, or as a faded red sleeve/vanilla white center?

15. locomoco

Apr 7, 2015
    I am loving this game! The silliness, the awesome graphics, and tower-defense/match-three combo has me totally addicted to this game. Me thinks it will be a keeper with a permanent spot on my phone.

Only one issue so far: after playing level 5 I took a short break from the game and came back to all my zombucks gone. Anyone else have this issue?

16. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    So glad you're enjoying it!

I haven't heard of this issue before. Is there any chance that you deleted the game and re-installed it? I'm trying to think of situations where you could still resume at level 5, but not have any of your zombucks... aside from the case where someone was playing without you knowing and spending all your zombucks... I can't think of what would cause that. I'll keep pondering, though!

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Since I'm relatively new to beta, is the large file size due to beTa build or is that something that can be reduced?
    Just checking as I'm still on a 32 GB 5c and this game is the second largest item in my usage list after iPod....

18. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah. The next patch will fix that, among several other major issues:
    -item balance
    -clarity on receiving items
    -more difficulty levels
    -changing currency for recruiting scientists

Unfortunately all of this comes at a price, and there will be a save game wipe with the next patch. :(

19. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you, it's all part of testing right? I didn't get too far. Even though I should be testing the levels, I end up playing infinite mode the most

20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Whoa I had no idea this went into beta testing, I was signed up but I never got the invite from test flight :(