Universal zombie match defense (by shovelware games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by shovelware, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    In infinite mode, we can choose "season one" mode.
    Is it a private joke or can we expect more stages with new zombies in an eventually season two ? :)

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Got this last week and finally tried it out this morning and it really caught me by surprise! The gameplay is quite fresh and original and the graphics are cute and clever. This will be staying on my phone for awhile. Thanks!!!

3. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    This game is awesome!!! It hasn't had the best reviews. Nothing terrible but nonsense about not doing enough. Well, I wish you guys would do so much in updated & new content to make them all review this game again!!! I think it has tons of content & is a steal at 1.99 but I hate reviews with nothing to say. Anyway, keep it coming & great job!!!

4. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    It makes perfect sense to be landscape for this game but I wouldn't mind a portrait option. Lends itself to mor play opportunities.

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Finsihed twice stage 20 in hard mode and if I choose "next level" then I have a green screen and the game is blocked #

6. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I have a few more things planned, how quickly I get to add them depends on how well the game sells. Unfortunately it's not doing too well at the moment.

Yeah, I fixed that bug once before, but it snuck back in there for release. When you leave the game and come back, it should work fine. That is the last level. The bug will be fixed in our first patch!

7. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
  8. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks for your update but please ! Don't make it free-to-play with ads and all candy crush bullshit !

Your game deserves better !

9. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    2 bucks wasn't an huge investment for me for all the good hours spending playing your game. World is not fair.
    iMO I thought that the title "ZMD" is a good choice !

Best regards and thanks you very much to make this pure gem available !

10. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I agree.
    What else can we do to help the game make more $?watxhing this mobile gaming trend unfold since 2009 is disgusting. I've learned so much from developers about what goes into making a game, and it's really unfortunate that not only does $1.99 help the dev, but it sickens me how many people won't pay less than a cup of coffee to play a game that could bring them years of entertainment.

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Well, Carter sure had some harsh words about this game not taking off. He managed to point the finger at everybody including the App Store for no front page coverage, the developer for being naive enough to release a premium match-3 game, and the "vocal minority" (I never get tired of that Toucharcade buzzword) of premium gamers who continually pressure developers to shun F2P mechanics. What he failed to mention is the undeservedly lackluster review this site published ( 3.5 stars) for what the rest of us feel is a 4.5-5 star game. What's that Carter? The review was accurate and proper? Then why are you raging about a mediocre game failing on the App Store?

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Well, if you'd followed the link to the dev's blog post, you'd see that:
    * The dev thinks that releasing a premium match 3 game was overly hopeful (he's looking at converting to F2P for Android).
    * The dev thinks premium gamers are a vocal minority (which we are, by the way).
    * The dev thinks the game is decent (70-80%) rather than great, so he agrees more with Carter's review than yours even though he is thrilled with the reaction from the people who did buy it.

He also talks about a number of other things including the poor choice of name, his efforts to promote the game and hus future plans.

The point is that a $1.99 game is only going to make big (or even middling) amounts of money if it is great (not just good), stands out from the rather enormous crowd and/or gets very lucky.

13. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is so good, I hope the price drop helps.