Universal zombie match defense (by shovelware games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by shovelware, Oct 21, 2015.

1. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    There an infinite mode, wow that's rare in these types of games. Sold me, buying it after work.

2. Two infinite modes!

3. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That's awesome, that adds too the replay value exponentially. I just checked out your video of you playing infinite mode, this game looks so sick , definitely under the radar, and since I just beat hero emblems, on on a match 3 high

4. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    It's intentional, but I should explain why. It's kind of a tricky situation. It would be too imbalanced to let you continually upgrade shotguns by dropping them on scientists without having to use the combinotron before they're equipped. Having a scientist refuse the shotgun leads to an awkward situation. What happens if you've already got an inventory full of shotguns and all your scientists are already equipped with shotguns? You'll want to free up some space in your inventory to make room for another powerup, but you've gotta find a way to do this. The solution I had was to allow you to re-equip a scientist with another shotgun.

The mis-click is a problem, though. I'll put in some code to try and prevent that from happening. It'll look at the two scientists closest to your touch and try to figure out your intent. If the most nearby scientist already has an item that is equal or better, it will check the second closest scientist to see if they have something worse than you're trying to drop.

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Since the Dev popped back in, I'll pose my question again:

Is there any way you can make the game run more efficiently? My phone gets pretty hot and the battery drains pretty fast for a 2-D game.

Loving the game, by the way; still loving it.

6. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Just downloaded this. Could you make it respect the silent button?

7. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I'll look into what I can do, but I think most of the optimizations that would be possible are things that Unity does under the hood (which I don't have access to ).

It's really weird that it wouldn't respect the silent button. What device are you using? It does respect the silent button on every device I've tested it on.

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I completely agree with you on everything but the art/graphics... Etc.
    To me, the art seems like that old fashioned kind that reminds me of what it might have been like in the old soda jerk days, or ice cream sundaes and flavored soda shops. :)

In other posts: funny about infinite mode. When I beta tested, I played the game quite often ( because I absolutely loved it!) but I never played infinite. Snooze you loose I guess. He he. Oh well... Beta testing is over..... That's ok. I still enjoyed helping and playing. :) Too funny.

9. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Oh boy my bad. Tested this with headphones on I did not realise silent switch works differently with headphones but makes totally sense.

Sorry guys and great game with cool art!

10. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah! One of our big style influences was that early 60s era of campy television horror. The Munsters played a huge part in not just our vibe, but also our music selection. During that time surf rock was becoming really popular and made its way into monster shows on TV. This album in particular was very influential for us. I listened to it over and over while working on the game before our actual soundtrack was done:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8WMfkpLGg

11. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    [​IMG]

Whoooaaaa! Apple added a new category for Zombie games and they chose to feature Zombie Match Defense!

So cool, I had to share it with you folks!

12. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am very angry with you. I followed the link to hear that music you listen to during development. And admittedly, it is very fun. But........ As I was about to turn it off, other people my family heard it. They insisted that I played again. And again. And again. And again.....
    Sigh.....
    LOL !!
    OK fine. I'm not angry with you. Just annoyed. LOL!

I can see how it gave some influence. Really was some fun tunes. :)

13. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    That's "Kobayashi Maru" (小林丸)...

14. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    On Sale already?mkinda bumped I paid more, as I did not get around to play it yet... Oh well.

15. TadipmanDJ8

TadipmanDJ8 Member

Oct 31, 2015
    After i played that for a wile i prefer PVZ by far

16. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    #56 shovelware, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Happy Halloween everybody!

In order to try and gain some traction, Zombie Match Defense is on sale FOR TODAY ONLY! If you're enjoying the game, please tell your friends to pick it up while it's on discount!

We'll also be releasing the entire soundtrack FOR FREE! I'll post details on that as soon as it's available.

[​IMG]

17. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    My phone is unable to download the game from App Store for some reason. Well, gotta wait.

18. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Wanted to say thanks for the sale. Picked this up on a whim and tried it for a few minutes and thought it was decent. Came back again today and really got the hang of this and am having a blast. Just played for a couple hours straight. Really fun game.

In response to the others, I think graphics, sound, art are all great. Have had random crashing at different times. Also had a glitch where I had 2 power ups in one box. Game let me use both items as well. Took a screenshot if dev is interested.

Overall great game.

19. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Glad you're into it! We're currently working on a patch that should solve these issues. Thanks for making sure we're aware of them and feel free to bring up any other problems you find!

20. shovelware

shovelware Active Member

Jul 27, 2009