iPad Zombie Mangle fps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Rocketman919, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    #1 Rocketman919, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    I dont know if this was posted earlier but this vid was on youtube . It is called Zombie Mangle by Phart games.

updated video from Wastedyuthe

[hqyoutube]zz4ck4RjZ5o[/hqyoutube]

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Looks promising. Hopefully it don't come out all buggy like AutoMangle...

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #3 salsamd, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    I like the looks...

but hopefully it will get more challenging...

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
  5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    wow...

looks nice..

why do i feel like FPS will become SUDOKU 2.0

6. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #6 salsamd, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    From the Developer

PHARTGAMES
    Member:D

My fps will initially have 2 assault rifles, 1 smg, 1 shotgun, grenades, and a rocket launcher. For melee you get an axe.

7. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    Is there a story or am I going to be plowing as many Zombies as possible?

Also is there a variety in the appearance of Zombies or are they all clones?

8. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #8 salsamd, Nov 20, 2008
    Hope for depth.

Yeah, I hope there is a story, and perhaps periods of reprieve in the day time. It also would be nice if when one ran out of ammunition, one had a knife to use to defend oneself when running to some depot to re-stock (good then for close up shots). To this end, it would also be good to have a small overlay of where the zombies are around you 360 deg and where important structures are, like ammo re-load stations (maybe even have to fight a couple of zombies with the knife to get into the reload station) and buildings where there are survivors to rescue, for in real life one would not have just a narrow (in front of me field of view). Although I guess in real life there are no zombies:rolleyes:

Even beda would be if when you played the game with head phones you could hear damsels in distress scream in the left or right channel and that would tell you which way survivors were to be found. The sound of distress might change in amplitude depending on where you were in the virtual city and the direction of the sound might change appropriately as you altered your course to approach its source.

I agree with the above post that there should be a variety of zombies with different skilz. Maybe some like Vampires that required a special silver bullet to kill (of which you had a limited number, but which were pickups you could get randomly along the way!

Attached Files:

9. #9 wastedyuthe, Nov 20, 2008
    What the video doesn't show you is that you turn with the accelerometer, as well as be able to walk forwards/backwards and strafe left/right with a virtual d-pad area. I won't say too much because it isn't my place to do so (that is PG's job). All I will say is, I beta tested the controls and they work a treat (unlike Cube), and shooting the zombies as they explode is very satisfying. I actually couldn't stop re-playing the short demo I had of the gameplay. Like I said, that's all I can say at the moment. I'm sure PG will have more details if he wishes to disclose them.
    Look forward to this one guys- it's gonna be good.

10. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA

Attached Files:

11. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Embedding is back!

I got Arn to fix it.:D

12. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    Forget the zombies... Those sheep in the beginning look to be the true enemy... Wonder if you can kill them too?

13. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    The sheep are part of the strategy, you can't kill them.

For the earlier comment about it being buggy like Auto Mangle, that's one way to look at it. That product has it's issues, but he has continued to improve it since it came out. At least you know he is committed to his projects.

14. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Whoa! :eek:

Pretty smooth! I just watch the game review for left 4 dead and i was wondering if any dev could do kind of the same version for the iphone with the zombies running after you and attacking you with their tongue or trying to eat your brains out. And, this came close. You should make the music more scary and loud grenade explosions and zombies sound effect running towards you.

In any case, I'll definitely buy this game. Can't wait!!

Thumbs up from me!

Please tell me it's going to be on the App store soon?

If not, I would love to be your beta tester! LoL!

:D:cool:

15. Scutty

Scutty Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Uk
    Looking Good, nice to see when u shoot at emenys it dont frezze up like Cube lol

and the sheep are pretty cool also :D

looking forward to this one.

16. pmseltmann

pmseltmann Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Software Engineer
    San Diego, California
    #16 pmseltmann, Nov 20, 2008
  17. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

hi guys,

Yes there is a story. :)

There will be a few difficulty levels, and it will become gradually harder as you progress.

I'm making the controls as simple as possible with scalable sensitivity and look invert.

If anybody wants their face on a zombie just send me your scariest zombie face to, support@phartgames.com . The first 15 should definately make it into the game.

Thanks.

18. I hope I'll be one! Piccy sent.

I can't wait to get the full version- the control is great and you even have tracer fire to see where you are aiming, which looks a lot better than a reticle. I'm mentioning it because it's a bit hard to see it from this video.

19. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Hmm ..any latest update on this game? Any new demo maybe? The sheeps are talking to me in my dreamzzz ....

By the way, the gun in this video sound and feels like an Ak-47. Is it? Heee ..:D

20. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

#20 PHARTGAMES, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    Yep, that's an AK47.

two of the other guns are m4 and mp5

I need more zombie faces, I only have 4 so far, so send me your pictures if you want in.

BTW, AutoMangle editor is so close to done I no longer feel like stabbing myself in the face every time I work on it, so expect that on the store by the end of the week and a new ZombieMangle vid once i've done more work on it.