iPad Zombie Invasion update version 1.1!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by istopmotion, Nov 25, 2008.

1. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #1 istopmotion, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    Just thought I'd let you guys know. I've been waiting for this for a while. :)

It includes:
    - "save state"
    - Difficulty levels
    - Multiplier effects
    - Town scene with instructions when game starts
    - Leaderboard now includes global high score rankings for all difficulty levels
    - Game summary screen showing your global ranking and high score
    - If iTouch/iPhone is not connected to internet, your score is saved and later submitted to global high score servers.
    - Lower memory footprint for better stability
    - Performance improvements
    - Lots of misc. bug fixes

2. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Holy crap! This game is a 1000x better. This is what shoudl have been released the first go around. Nice job. A couple of other types of zombies would have been good too, but this is waaay better now.

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

there is a bug with the grenades

if you hit it, it uses them, but if you hit it again with no ammo, it still makes a bam sound.....

also the zombies seem snappier...not a bug...just snappier like safari

4. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Woot! I just got the update, man its totally awesome! So much more fun and intense. Oh yeah, and I currently got the top score for Extreme, which probably wont last long, but I'll take my 15 min (or secs) of fame :D

5. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Congrats, lol :)

6. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #6 parranoya, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    Way better

This update rocks ---the game is faster and way more fun! Best update! This kind of makes the game scarier --- put some head phones on and kill zombies. The zombie animation is not only faster but seems smoother as well.
    I play this a lot----trust me though ---needs either headphones ---- otherwise people look at you like you are nuts if you play it in line at Tim Hortons with the speakers. :)

7. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I just finished blasting some Zombies and yes the update makes it better!

8. pmseltmann

pmseltmann Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Software Engineer
    San Diego, California
    Thanks mek, we will take care of that. We must have forgot to put Snappier Zombies in the release notes :).

Zombie Invasion 1.1:

- Snappier Zombies
    - "save state"
    - Difficulty levels
    - Multiplier effects
    - Town scene with instructions when game starts
    - Leaderboard now includes global high score rankings for all difficulty levels
    - Game summary screen showing your global ranking and high score
    - If iTouch/iPhone is not connected to internet, your score is saved and later submitted to global high score servers.
    - Lower memory footprint for better stability
    - Performance improvements
    - Lots of misc. bug fixes

9. jakemann23

jakemann23 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    awesome! the update makes this game so much harder. extreme is ridiculous!

10. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    to me the title page is not very appear, the colour plus the fonts and graphics
    u guys should fix it!

11. jakemann23

Oct 20, 2008
    i dont think the devs should be taking advice from someone that cant form a coherent sentance...

12. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Haha:p

Try re-installing the game. Maybe that might work?

13. jakemann23

Oct 20, 2008
    im just curious... are there anymore updates planned for this game? i know nothing has been announced formally, but i wasnt sure if more game elements are going to be implemented... more variety of zombies, new weapons, different backgrounds....?

14. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I really don't know, sorry :(

15. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    A little better...

The update made the game a little better, but not THAT much. There was much more they could have done without much effort and I'm hoping that there are more updates coming.

I was happy to see that they were putting a "beginning" to the game to give it some plot. But one screen?! Really that was the full amount of the effort? Would have killed them to draw a few more pictures and give us a little more backstory? Okay, I guess it really doesn't matter because I'll only read that once, but I was a little disappointed.

It would have been nice to give a few different screens for the different days. They could have just changed up the background a little and then had a cut screen/scene where we learn that the zombies are massing at a different gate and our hero is needed there. It wouldn't have changed much of the original game, but it would have given us a bit o a plot to deal with. They could also have a scene where we learn that a new zombie is showing up and then we see that one (possibly a boss) come into play. This way the game gets harder and we have the zombies evolving.

At some point they could add another gun man to join you... think of the second ships in games like Galaga. They wouldn't do much more than stand next to you and fire at the same zombie, but when the zoms attack they could kill him first and then you lose some firepower (and a friend).

Have one of the areas be a wall that the zoms have to break through. There is a little opening at first and they are easy to pick off, but once the wall breaks the flood gates are open. Sure there's no way to stop it from happening, but the anticipation of waiting for the wall to go will make the game a little more exciting.

Things like that wouldn't have meant a great deal of work for the company and I think it would really add to the game. Maybe it's just the writer in me, but I love a story, no matter how small. Give me a reason to want to blast the zombies other than just to get a high score. Give me someone to save besides myself.

Here's another odd thought... what if you could use pictures that are in your data base and every time you're doing poorly a photo comes up on the screen of someone that was in your base that just died. It's a little morbid that if I was playing and saw that I'd just lost someone I'd be more motivated to shoot some more.

Alright... enough rambling... Jeez I wish I knew how to program games...

16. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The update has improved the game play, but I'm still not really feeling it. It's just not that fun and way too redundant. I'd recomend the developer imitate Alien Invasion with his next update.

17. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The update has improved the game play, but I'm still not really feeling it though the sound has noticeably improved. It's just not that fun and way too redundant. The game needs more images, more icons, more background pictures, more kinds of zombies.

I don't know if this would work but perhaps the game could be redeveloped so that it's a FPS (yeah I know there is another FPS zombie game on its way, but it would still improve this one).

18. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I believe there are two zombie fps on the way: Zombie Mangle and Zombie Mansion.

19. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    lol what i meant to say earlier was the title screen of the game isnt appealing at all; like the illustrations, fonts chosen etc...

anyways is there gonna be a update again?
    or should i just delete the game
    all you do is TAP TAP TAP
    then TAP TAP TAP
    then TAP TAP TAP
    eventually itll get so repetitive that you wont even know what you TAPPING anymore
    so you say F this and quit!

so update? ye or nay?

20. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    new idea

how about adding some slugs that move pretty quickly and only take 1 shot to kill with a big monster zombie that takes tonnes and have this as a break in the action between days....adds a fast and slow effect to the game ---you blast the bugs and between the waves of bugs you have time to take on the big guy. Maybey even have the bugs explode so you try to shoot them when they are by the big guy to hurt him more. Then you go back to the regular zombies the next day.

the bugs come from the dead zombies you shot the day before --or some junk like that --from their rotting corpses.