Universal Zombie Highway 2 (by Auxbrain)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Zoeztapose

Zoeztapose Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Extreme iOS gamer
    Philippines
    crashes!

It just crashes on start up on my ipod touch 5th gen. It's killing my excitement with this game.:(

2. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    did you change settings? If you did delete game and reistall

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    No iphone touch controls I see, to bad.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    How in the hell, in the year 2014, does a game about driving down the road not have touch controls? Major major disappointment with this.....deleted until an update for touch controls. That's just a horrible oversight.

5. Michaelbacon

Michaelbacon New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    @mist17
    Turning on shoot assist makes it crash. Have to delete and reinstall to get it working again.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Damn this is good, one of best games I have played in a long while. Playing on iPhone 5S, tilt controls are working great for me.

7. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    Like the original Zombie Highway, there isn't much room left for touch steering, since the other touch controls (shooting, nitro, changing weapons) takes up most of the space.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sorry, but this post is ignoring what makes the Zombie Highway series the way they are.

It has always been tilt, with touch controls for firing and nitro, and will always be.

This is like asking why Tilt To Live doesnt have touch controls. :p

9. Michaelbacon

Michaelbacon New Member

Oct 16, 2009
    @exact
    Well said. The tilt control is one of the things that really makes it great. It adds difficulty.

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Gold for rewind? Another one for the freemium dung pile. Nostalgia will still keep me playing sadly, but not paying.

11. Mist17

Mist17 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks I definitely won't be testing that button

12. renderpaz

renderpaz Active Member

Hello!

Hey All!

Creator of ZH2 here. Want to address a few things:

Crashes
    There are some crashes/glitches, namely when you turn on shooting assist (doh!) Many of these issues have been fixed for weeks but the app review process has been majorly bogged down and I didn't want to push launch any further. Rest easy knowing that EVERY run we backup your game if you are signed into game center and online. Delete and re-install without worry. We're rushing to get you fixes.

Touch controls
    We just couldn't fit touch controls for steering for iPhone with shooting and nitro. The option exists for iPad as we have the room. We will look into adding touch controls for the larger iPhones and we can test on them properly.

Rewind/Freemium
    ZH2 was designed to be free from the start, and that meant some changes. But we thought painstakingly hard about how to give you an uncorrupted experience and I think if you give it a shot you'll agree we succeeded.

Rewind was a serious challenge and an innovation in infinite runners of this complexity. It's not an approximation, it is exactly where you and the world was 3 seconds ago. We chose not to do a simple "Save me" as that is not what you did. Rewind gives you a chance to correct a mistake, not do the impossible. It's fun, rewarding, and fair. Don't forget we track best scores without rewind on GC and you can always watch a video for a rewind.

I think you will all find between the new progression system, weapons, cars, and the daily challenge, ZH2 is the best deal on the App Store.

Just like ZH1 this game is going to get a lot of support. Expect big updates soon.

Thanks everyone!
    Kevin

13. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    My god..This game is too fun. Always loved ZH1, and ZH2 does not fail to dissapoint!! Easily my of one of my fav games right now.

14. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Big fan of ZH1, and ZH2 looks even better. Expert mode is fun and challenging, and in-game currency is easy to come by. Thanks to dev for keeping it free.

15. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #35 Mysticpete, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Hi kevin @renderpaz; since i cant play this on my ios device i was wondering when the android version is being released? Thx

16. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    Hey ZH devs! I found a bug in the game. When my car is near the city entrance, I turned hard to the left and continues to drive into the edge of the city barrier. After some seconds, my car turned and rushed into the barrier. My car got through the barrier and found this..

Attached Files:

17. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #37 Neehan, Oct 9, 2014
    First off, this game is tons of fun, and thanks to the developer for the great trilogy of ZH games! After about 30 min of gameplay, I can say ZH2 expands upon everything good about the first game and makes it better. Upgrades, a ton of awesome looking cars, lots of guns, varied environments. If you liked the first or if your new to the series, there is no reason to continue reading this if you haven't downloaded the game.

The freemium elements do not distract this from being a great game. The premium currency is used to unlock stuff early and to use rewinds. All upgrades are bought using the currency you can only get from actually playing the game, this currency cannot be bought with real money. I was a little worried about the rewind thing from a leaderboard perspective, but the developer cleared up my concerns with his earlier post. While you can pay for rewinds, you can always just watch an ad so no big deal. The separate leaderboard for no rewinds makes me have no problem with the rewind implementation..

There are a couple bugs that I outline below, but if these worry you, remember, the developer updated the first ZH all the time. I have no doubt that all these bugs will be squashed in a timely fashion. Please don't let the appearance of a couple of bugs keep you from downloading and enjoying this great game!

First bug, the HD textures pack totally messed me up the first time. When I downloaded the HD pack on my iPad air, the my game crashed upon starting a new game. I quit the app and opened it again and it showed me the same screen and crashed, as if I had never quit the app. I even restarted my device and it continued to crash. I reinstalled the app and now its running fine. I said "Later" this time to the HD graphics, but now I can't find where to try to download them again. iCloud makes this bug not a huge deal right now, I would just avoid the HD pack for now as the game looks good even without it.

The second bug is pictured below, pretty sure my car shouldn't look like that.
    [​IMG]

Edit: The game prompted me to download the HD pack again and now it is working fine. Although, I can now confirm that white car bug appears with or without the HD pack.

18. decabol

decabol New Member

May 1, 2012
    Played the original one, was waiting for the second and here it is.
    First impression, it is fun. It would be amazing to see more items to interact but it is just me ;) Menu could be more simple to use. Other than that, great job.

19. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    #39 CecilMcW00t, Oct 9, 2014
    Loving the game! But this daily mission is brutal!

Edit: I didn't realize they give you infinite nitro. Much more manageable now. :D

20. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    Love this game. It blew my expectations away and I'm quite pleased with the pay model; I feel like I paid for this game and am getting content at my fingertips. Awesome job to the devs.