Universal Zombie Gunship Survival (By Limbic and Flaregames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 23, 2017.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm not understanding. I've played this before. This is new??? I really do not understand.

Billy

2. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    This includes IAP metrics. In other words, how to get more money outcha.

3. DanTheAzn

DanTheAzn Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yeah i don't like the constant internet connection feature. I can deal with base building, but I see no reason why this game should be online.

4. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Not a fan of the lengthy crate timers with only one at a time. Base game is fun I guess but the IAP is pushed pretty hard

5. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    What a great fun game. But yes, I can see paywall approaching fast, and the only 4 crates, only one opening at a time, 3 hours to open... i hate that. Also hate I can only defend once every 4 hours

6. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Here is the Latest Game Review of the latest version released.

7. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    You dont need a constant inet connection for that, tracking data can be pushed upon different occasions.

However, with a constant connection you get most of the data, especially from those players that stop playing.

8. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    The gameplay seems fun enough but gets repetitive pretty quickly... would have been nice if there was more than one objective.

I also don't understand why the community feature exists? What's there really to discuss when playing this game? I feel like it's just there so people can show off how much money they've sunk into the game to convince others to do the same... zzz

9. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I have a strong feeling that this game was intended to be a PvP clash of clans clone, and for whatever reason they had to launch without the multiplayer. Otherwise, the whole base-building mechanic is ultimately pointless (you can only test it once every 4 hours). It's a huge waste of the developer's resources and I would agree that the online requirement makes very little sense in the game that we have currently.

In fact, I feel like the entire game is balanced primarily to slow progression to a snail's pace until they can push out more content. It plays like a soft launch vertical slice, not a finished game. On the other hand, if the suffocating restrictions via lengthy timers and limited crate storage was the plan all along, then the economy designers must have come from Glu or Gameloft...those are some steep, steep paywalls. :p

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is all reasonable speculation, but the developer himself has said that the online requirement is based around curbing piracy:

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #31 LordShad0wz, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Well I spent $5 on the starter pack. Let me now explain why. When I originally started getting into gaming I had an android device. I had Zombie Gunship on it and spent quite a bit of actual money and play time.

Then I got an iPhone. Nothing transferred. I was out of a lot of money. So I emailed the developers and explained my situation. They were so kind that they sent me a code for $1,000,000 cash and then asked me if that was enough.

That right there is amazing customer service. They didn't have to do that. So for me, spending a bit of money in their new endeavor is fine by me.

Now what did the $5 get me? Some awesome stuff to be honest. I got a major major upgrade to my ac130's main machine gun, which I upgraded even further. I got a major 30mm cannon which I upgraded further. I got excellent weapons for both of my team members which I upgraded further. I built new buildings at my base and upgraded all buildings, defenses, and towers to their maximum levels. I still have almost 300 gold left over. I earned a CRAPLOAD of money as well.

It's really kick ass. The starter kit is definitely worth the money. I'm thinking of spending 200 gold for one elite crate just to see what I might get. I'm having a lot of fun. I can't wait to unlock the third weapon.

Billy

12. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Nice, I enjoyed the original too, stories like this encourage me to fund quality development.

Other devs take note ...;)

Downloading now ...

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    They got me for another $5. Lol. When you make rank 4 they give you another deal where you get a ton of stuff for $5 and it is worth it.

I now have 3 team members.

A word of advice. I've tried the rocket pods, the sniper gun, and the hellfire missiles. When you get to later missiles with those huge god forsaken zombies the best weapon is a heavily upgraded 3*+ 30mm cannon.

Also I don't know why but I've opened a shit ton of elite crates and they are ridiculously stingy with 5.56mm machine guns. I'm still using the one I got in the starter pack. I haven't gotten anything better in any drop. That's a mistake. I've gotten it to level 13 but it's not doing enough damage.

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I'm a Zombie Gunship whale. I'm at $20. Lol. I won't be spending anymore. I have a limit of $20 on games I really like. This game is really intense! I wish we could defend our base more. Also the whole waiting 3 hours for a crate thing is effing too long. The time should reduce the higher your base gets.

If the devs don't stop by here I plan to shoot them an email or tweet them. I want to address the machine gun issue and the crate timer for sure.

Billy

15. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    How do I fuse?

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    When you max the level on a piece of equipment boost turns to fuse. You fuse your level capped weapon with (I believe) same star level equipment. ITs either same star level as your level capped weapon or one star level lower, may be lower.

17. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks for the advice. I finally got around to playing this yesterday, a lot of fun and much more varied compared to the original.

I may even drop my other regular F2P in favour of it. Time pressure means I have to choose and I have to admit I'm rubbish at Battle Bay. ;)

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Been a while, but Zombie Gunship pulled me back to TA again.

Do you guys think it's practical for a f2p player to save the gold for a 200-gold crate, or I should just grab the one that costs 100?

19. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I've been deeply disappointed by the 200 crates, I've actually gotten better pulls from the 100s.

Additionally, the game has one design quirk that everyone should keep in mind before dropping gold on the crates: from all appearances, you will only get gear that you've already unlocked in the campaign, just better quality (usually). Granted, I could just have exceedingly bad luck with pulls (wouldn't be the first time), can anyone verify or debunk this?

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Random observation : The full reward for each stage and each difficult resets daily making all stages / difficulties fully farmable.

Just incase anyone didnt notice it. The stage icon is bright yellow or dim yellow depending on if youve cleared the normal difficulty of that stage for the day. No indicator though for medium and hard daily completion, have to manually go in and check if you dont recall.