Universal Zombie Gunship - (by Limbic Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    I tried everything and I just couldn't transfer them. I even copied the WHOLE app folder(with documents, library etc) and it still doesn't work.. I don't know where it stores the save games..

2. ZombiesSuck

ZombiesSuck New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    The leaders are def hacking. Look at the numbers. They are all multiples of 10 except for one person who is ranked 14th :eek:. That guy is the true leader in my book. Whats up with the 123,900 kills! if thats getting multiplied by 10 thats still 12,390 regular kills which is quite impressive.

3. DukeSucks

DukeSucks Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    I'm really enjoying the game too. I do wish their was an option to invert the controls/swipe directions. I keep swiping in the wrong direction!

Lots of fun though

4. Pro

Pro New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Definitely needs more maps and guns. Maybe even another mode? Definitely there will be some great ideas for that.

But great job so far Limbic :)

5. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Transferring between Device, iPad Requests

DEVICE TRANSFER

You should be able to transfer your progress from one device to another if you do an encrypted backup (you have to check that box in iTunes) of your old device, and then restore it onto the new device.

A cloud based syncing feature is something we may consider for the future.

If that doesn't work for you for some reason, just email your device's UDID to [email protected] and explain your situation. We're getting a ton of email right now so I apologize for the delay in advance.

IPAD

Stay tuned ;D

Follow our Facebook page to find out any major announcements:
    http://facebook.com/ZombieGunship

6. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    I would send you many internet hugs for such a feature. I haven't bothered to play in x2 mode on my iPad, but I play ZG all over the place on my phone. On the train, breaks at work, but at home, I would probably play it on the iPad if I didn't have to unlock all my upgrades again.

Another reason I pray for universal :D

7. koesper

koesper New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Idea: rescue civilians to earn the right to kill more civilians.

Hi guys!

Absolutely love the game!
    Still struggling to get past 500 kills each time, usually because I blow up to many civilians...
    My current high score is 789, which I somehow managed while I was rather drunk... Haven't gotten close to my own score ever since... Perhaps heavy drinking should be in the strategy guide?

Anyway... I was thinking...

A suggestion that has been mentioned here quite a few times concerned
    the relatively low amount of civilians you are 'allowed' to kill.

I love the system that you get pulled out if you cause to much collateral damage, but perhaps the 'three strikes' rule is a bit to hard if you play long sessions.

How about you can 'earn' more civilians to be killed during the game?

Not by just gaining a lot of zombie kills, but as a reward for 'snipes' (saving a civilian that was already under attack).

This would encourage to shoot closer to the civilians, with a nice risk/reward tradeoff.

I think this should not be a one-on-one ratio ("rescue one, kill one for free") but perhaps two or three-to-one?

Optionally, this could be combined with the suggestion that has been mentioned earlier, by adding a sniper rifle or something similar.

What do you guys think about this?

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Saw last night you guys said an update has been submitted... Any teasers on the update? ;)

9. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    iPad iPad iPad iPad update please!

10. arash

arash Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder and CEO at Limbic Software
    Palo Alto, California
    Okay folks, you asked for it. You asked for it A LOT. And ladies and gentlemen, I am very proud to finally be able to say:

IT'S HERE!

Zombie Gunship is now UNIVERSAL!

http://bit.ly/zombie-gunship/

Now go out there and kill some zombies on the big screen. Have a great weekend!

--arash

11. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Universal update! Woohoo! Thank you very much! It's great now it's native on the iPad. Impacts are basier on the iPad built in speakers so it seems to make more of the brill sound effects without headphones.

Also, thanks for making it a free universal update. Whenever you bring out an IAP expansion, you'll have my money as you've not made me double dip :)

That and that ZG is awesome. Now please add Gamecentre based sharing so I don't have to upgrade up everything again :D (never satisfied.)

12. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I second this. I am now purchasing the game. Can't wait!
    :D

13. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    #153 Mfox76, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
    @limbic

Great game guys, plays even nicer as I had hoped on the larger iPad screen!

One request tho, I never liked having to move my right thumb up to the top corner on the iPhone to change weapons but the distance is small enough to make it manageable.but the distance is way too great on the iPad.

Could you do something like a double tap anywhere on the right half of the screen scrolls through the available weapons?

Maybe move the current system of fire button and weapon switch to the midline on both sides since it is where your hand anchors holding the iPad and thumbs are about halfway up the iPad.

In any event the games tons of fun, can't wait to see future content paid or unpaid...just would love a little more ergonomics on the iPad controls:)

Ps! Many thanks for making it universal and not doubling dipping! Hope you make tons of money off of it!:)

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Props for the universal update! I dont need it as I only have an ipod but this is really nice. I'm sure others love you more for it :)

15. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    V1.1 (Universal update)

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions everyone.

As I mentioned on the other thread in the iPad forum, we'll probably add more control customization options in a future update once we've collected more player feedback. For the first version we didn't want to change the controls too much from the iPhone version for those who are already used to playing the v1.0 iPhone only version on their iPads.

We're glad everyone appreciates the fact that we went the Universal instead of releasing a separate iPad app. We truly believe that if we support our fans, they'll support us back.

Stay tuned for the next update!

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just curious..do you guys have plans for more maps or weapons or type of zombies? Thanks!

17. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Thank for for the iPad support! :) I really enjoy this game.

Control customization sounds great. I see myself putting my thumb up more toward the middle left to shoot. Also would like for the fire button to be a tad bigger.

Bug... a couple times the gun has continued to fire even after I've let it go. Anyone else?

18. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    You're welcome! The fire button getting stuck is something I've seen once myself. It's a new and rare bug in the iPad version only it seems...and it's on our radar! Thanks for confirming it.

19. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011

Thank you guys for Universal update ! Other Devs - take note! Respect to Limbic

20. tbone

tbone Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    My update ideas/ideal updates:

Maybe a local (or wifi) co-op mode

A wave based mode

More weapon upgrades

Maybe even a new map.