Universal Zombie Gunship - (by Limbic Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    what he said!!!! that would be wicked sweet, have some sort of ai controlled turrets like a tower defense game at the entrace of the bunker and you could upgrade it...love it...

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I purchased this game in the hopes that it will be universal in the future. That is all I ask for in future updates. ;)

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    ------------------
    New modes?
    EVERYONE VOTE FOR THIS MODE!!!

4. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Holy crap! This game is terrific! My only suggestion: a civilian free mode, if we want to just enjoy a zombie kill-fest. Another poster suggested earning civilian credits for every 100 zombies killed. I'd go 50 zombies, but also a good idea. Great concept guys:) Loving it. It's got that "Just one more" factor:)

5. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    #65 Jackyhk, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    The civilians are too butt hurt making this game less enjoyable than it should have. They would have been fine if they are free to run without getting raped by zombie for like 10 seconds. Every time that happens close to the door, you have no idea what you should do. You can only mess up 3 times, and the fact that killing civilian count as one is insane because of how difficult it is to avoid hitting them when they can get sticked to a zombie. Can't the zombies finish those civilians faster!?! It's not like they are gonna run or fight back because they are so helpless. Just kill them already so I can kill you please?

It would be nice if there is some kind of sniping weapon or auto-aiming weapon that can precisely pick out a zombie when it sticks to a civilian, but nope. Galting gun is the best you got, and it has pretty poor aim. I don't think any one is really gonna waste time on trying to save 1 freaking civilian sniping with a the galting gun when there are 42342342 zombies behind him.

And how about those bunkers? Aren't they bunkers because you can have windows that allows you to shoot stuff on the outside while being safe on the inside? Or is this irrelevant after WWII? How about some automatic defense please from the bunker? Maybe those bot with 100% accuracy gun will be extremely helpful when a civilian is being raped RIGHT IN FRONT of the bunker door eh?

-----------------------

Ok, those were mostly ranting. This game is actually really good. Ultimately though I hope they do something about the civilian system:

tl;dr
    Civilian free mode please. Or change it so that killing civilians only cost you to lose point and not lose the game. Or some kind of redemption system aforementioned by a few here to make up for the poor souls you killed.

6. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Seriously no achievements? How hard would it have been to do a couple like killed X amount of zombies, rescued x amount of civilians, etc?

7. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Love the game but as others have said I don't want toonmuch added to it and I don't really want anything to ruin the realism. More maps would be great and destructable environments would be really neat. Maybe even some iAP missions with an objective. I'd love a zombies only game mode ( with more zombie types ) I'd also like the airstrike or ground support. Maybe something powerful you buy initially for 10,000 and every time you use it costs another 3,000 with a long recharge time. These would be things to help you in tight situations or just to clear the map.

8. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I fully upgraded my gatling's bullet speed and it's first shot seems to be 90% accurate to the crosshair. I can normally snipe zombies with 1 shot from any angle except when the civi is between my bullet and zombie...

9. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Achievements are high on the feature request list for one of the upcoming updates. Thanks for the feedback!

10. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Awesome gameplay video Der-Kleine! Thanks for posting. What camera are you using by the way? It filmed the iPhone screen really well!

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#72 Der-Kleine, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    I'll PM you the camera info and setup tips sometime soon ;)

Edit: done.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    anyone else find the framerate gets pretty ddodgy as the number of zombies increases? I notice the sight jumps around alot as I try and scroll quickly from place to place. Makes it pretty tough to aim with any accuracy on the fly...

13. Der-Kleine

I haven't had that problem yet. I'm guessing it'S because the 3GS has a slower CPU than the iPod Touch 4 and with a massive ammount of enemys it is at its limits?

14. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    This definitely needs to be fixed.

About the lag, is your multitask bar clean? That's like the no.1 cause of slow downs.

15. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Oh I'm on an iphone4 now. Gotta change that in my info... :)

Yeah, the task bar is clean. I'll try a shut down and reboot and see if it clears up...

16. Der-Kleine

oh, ok. A reboot usually does the trick! :)

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

18. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Picked this game up last night and I thoroughly enjoy it. It also looks great on the iPad 2 so if anyone is worried about that, don't be.

My recommendations:

* More maps. The one it comes with is getting a bit repetitive.
    * Increase the civilian kill limit. Maybe something that could be added to the upgrades page. 1,000 for +5, 5,000 for +10, etc.

Excellent game. Such a simple concept yet executed so brilliantly.

19. TheShoresOfHell

TheShoresOfHell Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Already top 3? That´s fast!!