Universal Zombie Gunship - (by Limbic Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    What about some kind of sonic beacon that attracts them? Would keep the game's realistic tone. Or maybe a sonic repulsion device, with which you could create safe corridors to the bunker... except there could be some kind of side effect on the humans, maybe it slows them down or something and there are super zombies that can resist the sonic frequencies ?

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #42 L.Lawliet, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    Wow the developer seems pretty nice and open to suggestions. I'd like to thank him for sticking around and listening to us! I really love this game so I hope it sells well so we can see all these updates we're dreaming about (and maybe a meat cannon as well ^^ )

as for alternate weapons, I'm just going to throw random junk out here which may or may not sound good. again with the "realistic" tone, you could add special weapons as in a [bunker buster bomb] that does huge damage on a spot but takes maybe 2-3 minutes to recharge. Or maybe call in an [airstrike] and have jets attack in a straight line across the screen. Again they'd be special weapons that take a while to recharge since they're really powerful. That's all the ideas i have lol

3. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    How about this one: putting a IR beacon anywhere on the map, that calls for a Marine squad to hold ground and then retreat to bunker?

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    That could mess with the core gameplay too much. The CoD level didn't have that, so I wouldn't want to see this game have it either. I do agree that this is a very neat idea, though I just wouldn't want it implemented in the core gameplay...

How bout an extra mode with this marine stuff? Like a group of marines doing a fighting retreat and you have to assist them in their retreat into the bunker? No civis and constant chatter like "105mm needed on zombie group east of our position!" or "[insert gunship call-sign] use [insert weapon here]. BRING THE RAIN!" (Transformers quote :D)
    *Edit "Be advised, ground team requesting [insert weapon here]"

5. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    #45 PraetorianX, Jul 21, 2011
    That would be ummm....lovely:D

To me it's actually really strange that devs are refusing to make a game based on those MW missions... 100% military feel! With this engine,they could have made that,and just guess how much money they can make!

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Keeping the zombie tone one of the achievements has to be "kill 53k zombies"

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think it would be pretty cool if there were some ground troops that help you (so don't kill them!). This could also include ground vehicles like tanks and jeeps (controlled by the AI).

At its current state the game is kind of repetetive, but being developed by Limbic I'm sure there will be some updates making the game alot better. :)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The one thing I'm really missing is stats, I need to know how many total zombies I've killed across all games. Other than that it's great I'm loving it.

9. arash

arash Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder and CEO at Limbic Software
    Palo Alto, California
    You guys rock with the suggestions and praise. You're the reason we do what we do as developers.

Thanks,
    --arash

10. izeman

izeman Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    one more idea:

could you make seperate buttons for each weapon/view? i takes so much time cycling through them.

ps: i love the game :)

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I like this alot. I'd be wary of adding too much stuff to it personally. Maybe a couple new weapons and upgrades and a couple more different types of zombies. Perhaps some specific types of civilians that would be more "crucial" to protect than the general civilians. But I wouldn't want to go overboard and clutter the game up too much.

The presentation is great. Very atmospheric.

12. Der-Kleine

#52 Der-Kleine, Jul 21, 2011
    If there would be more weapons it wouldn't be a propper AC 130.

Another idea: How about there being helicopters delivering civilians wich you shouldn't shoot down. (a heli delivers multiple civilians (=> successful transport gives you more points) but gets in the way. (you can't shoot the zombies behind it of course.)

13. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'm not real concerned about that. So its a specially modified zombie control platform. :)

14. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I'm loving this game so far!

One suggestion for a future enhancement is a "Military Mode". This would have a few changes:

1) There would be 2 ai-controlled, static sentry soldiers behind a little sandbag barricade at the Bunker entrance. It seems odd that the only surviving military bunker is undefended at the surface. A team of 2 volunteer soldiers would be the defenders. At first they would be armed with M-16 rifles, which would be very weak guns capable of eventually killing a zombie. These sentries couldn't stop a horde of zombies, but one or 2 zombies could be taken down by them once they are close enough.

2) You could spend coins to upgrade each the sentries too, so that they could each be given MP-5 SMGs, M-249 LMGs, M-60 HMGs, grenades, grenade launchers, etc.

3) To compensate, zombies should be able to move slightly faster.

4) As well as civilians, occasionally a group of soldiers would come on to the map and try and get back to base. Soldier teams would occasionally stop to shoot at zombies. Soldier teams would have an assortment of weapons at a lower level than whatever you have upgraded the soldiers too.

15. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I would be wary of adding too much extra weapons or features. I'm all for improving the game and would love to see at least a new game mode, new maps, and additional stats. However, even though this is a zombie game there is a certain element of realism here with the AC-130 and the three weapons that it is equipped with. I think adding something like a meat cannon might take away from the realistic atmosphere of controlling the AC-130's weapons systems.

16. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I know that you play the role of air support, but a simple addition of different types of strikes might help.

1. A F-4 phantom napalm strike that leaves a 10 second wall of fire creating a blockade. A small tactical nuke strike that looks awesome. Perhaps a finger swipe to guide the direction of the strike might be a cool way of implementing it. It could look something like "Anomaly Warzone Earth's" airstrike.

2. Take away the civilian casualty limit. Many times I try to precision aim at zombies attacking civilians and with much success. However, near the bunker this becomes difficult and civilian casualties must happen to clear the hordes.

3. An urban map with collapsable structures/bridges/etc. Civilians running towards a pier or harbor to escape on a ship.

4. Ground support vehicles like a humv/50cal., that drives to a chosen location from the bunker and defends or slows down the movements of the zombies. Once they've gathered 5 civilians, they speed off back to the base shooting random targets along the way.

Other than these "easy to implement" improvements, I have to say that I'm pretty addicted to this game.

17. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Does it support Retina?

18. Der-Kleine

yes.

I had another idea: Co-op multiplayer (local and/or online). 2 AC 130s kill more zombies than 1. :D

19. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    I am loving this! It was well worth staying up late to get last night. To Arash, you we're so right about the sound. Coincidentally today I got new headphones for my iPhone, and the sound is just amazing through the headphones. I love the way you can hear each round from the gatling gun thud into the ground. :D:D:D An AC-130 is certainly the number one non-stationary cadaver suppression force.

My wish list would be

Universal build

Achievements

New Environments

A Civilian free mode, All zombies, All the time! :) In this mode I picture the gate having a health bar, and when too many zombies pound on it, game over.

Not that i'm sick of these whiny civilians or anything, but :) Obviously a separate leader board would be required for that mode I guess, as it would be easier to rack up high scores without the three civilian strikes.

Anyway, gonna go back and try to better my friends high score now :p

20. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    perhaps you could earn back a civilian for every 100 zombies you take out or something. The 3 civilian limit is kinda harsh...

otoh, theres no specific penalty for just letting the zombies kill a civvie so its not like you have to save them all...