Zombie Cannon Carnage Exploding Soon!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by se7en, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #1 se7en, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    [​IMG]

ZOMBIE CANNON CARNAGE!
    FEATURING THE ZOMBIE SUPERHEROES FROM OUTER SPACE!

No one has ever claimed that Zombies are very smart. They are however, very busy creatures. In ZCC! three of these morons crash landed on our lovely little planet. With no other options, a fierce need to feed and a couple of spare circus parts they quickly build a cannon in a brilliant attempt to fire themselves back into space. This plan will never work, but at the very least they can save some hapless and misfortunate humans along the way and then eat their brains.

Full Description + Features

Hey TA'ers - I just wanted to start the party and let you guys and girls know that ZCC day zero is almost here. Let the infection spread! : )

...or join our Facebook page if you want to connect with us over there.
    ZCC FB page

The game will be available Feb 23rd on the App Store for $1.99!

Love and Carnage,

freeverse X h.grenade

Attached Files:

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Excited!
    Looks like a fun pickup and play game!

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looking forward to it but have to ask, is there any randomness in object placement or is everything pretty much pre-scripted?

4. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    jak56 - It is good clean family fun ; )

LordGek - It is somewhere between random and preset. The first city block is always the same but after that they appear in random order. The trick long term is learning what the upper buildings look like next to key stuff below that you want to hit. Also, some of the upgrades that you can earn in each round change certain objects into more fun objects. For example, you can change the basic trash cans into explosive radioactive barrels : ) But then you have to find them to really enjoy them!

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, cool enough! :)

6. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Wow there is alot of zombie games comming out lately
    N.Y.Zombies, zombie wonderland now this

Also looks good

7. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    #7 colorsound, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Thanks for the Private Message, se7en

I can't believe this game hasn't gotten more hype and people haven't heard of it until now!

I also can't believe that Freeverse wouldn't want to get this thing out instead of sitting on it like their thumbs, especially with the shortage of Freeverse titles in the last 8-10 months.

It's already on their site. I hope soon means any hour.
    After all, Guerrilla Bob and PvZ was coming out "very soon" last fall, so I know what soon means :)

8. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It reminds me of the Crash mode in Burnout 3 (ps2 game, I think it's 3) with the self-destruct. How much is the launch price?

9. kellyx

kellyx Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Game Dev.//art
    CT. USA
    Hi I'm Se7en's partner, KellyX, I'm glad you like Zombies too. We've been living, eating and breathing Zombies 24/7.
    jak56, Thanks, we're excited too. Great description, "Pick up and Play", Yes.
    LordGek, thanks!
    Se7en, "Good clean family fun", hahaha!! ;)
    rooteboy, I know what you mean, looks like we're are in plenty of good company.
    Colorsound, Thanks, "It's already on their site. I hope soon means any hour." Us too, keep checking every day like I do.
    Whosatm, The crash mode in Burnout, yes, the best ever! The self destruct is a lot like that and massive destruction w/lots of blood.

10. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Rooteboy - We actually announced this game back in August on STP but our lead programmer at the time dropped the ball. We also added a ton of stuff since then from the original plan. Its pretty funny for us to look back and see how much it has changed. Definitely the graphics look way better and it has like 1200x more action! ; )

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/zombie-superheroes-from-outer-space-preview

Colorsound - Yeah we have been pretty quiet since the initial announcement. Thats all going to change soon! haha. Based on the GB timeline "soon" in this case is going to come up on you fast man ; )

Whosatm - The self destruct and ensuing carnage was absolutely inspired by Crashbreaker mode... some of the best gaming ever IMO.

11. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
  12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i'm so stoked for this release!

13. kellyx

kellyx Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Game Dev.//art
    CT. USA
    So excited!!!!

14. colorsound

May 15, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    So February 23rd, hey?

A whole week away basically. So much for my hopeful checking of 10 times a day, praying that it will show up any minute.

As always, if the game is approved by Apple, Freeverse should release the damn thing.
    It's not like they have to print copies, ship them out, and broadcast commercials and hang posters.

Oh well - Sorry, I am venting lately.
    Apple seems to have turned things around on their end this year and now the developers and PUBLISHERS (especially) are the ones dropping the ball.

I hope it has a decent price tag to go with it.

15. lydia

lydia Active Member

May 28, 2009
    So happy to hear you are excited for this game--it's a super title and h.grenade has knocked it out of the park!!

As you take issue with us and our release shedule, please bear in mind that we have a system of operation and although we would like to get it into your hot little hands as soon as we can, we have a few things to juggle pre-release on our end.

Please be patient--the game is worth it! :)

16. colorsound

May 15, 2009
    Detroit, MI

I apologize for my ignorance.

I just turn very mean when there is a game I am dying to get :)

Sorry and I hope the game does well. I will be counting down the seconds!

17. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    :O oh wow this looks sooo fun!

18. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #18 se7en, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    I updated the first page with the Launch Trailer video, in case anyone missed it and here are some new images to hold you over for a bit...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thx Jak56 & playn!

Lydia - the only reason we were able to knock it out of the park, is that you guys put the pitch right over the plate! : )

colorsound - Stay calm! haha - spend this time wisely and join the official Zombie Cannon Carnage FaceBook page and tell ALL of your friends about ZCC : )

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

no need to thank me!

wait. on second thoughts...

hehe:)

20. se7en

se7en Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Haha, I am thanking you now before I own you on the leaderboards later ; )