iPad Zombie Attack!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by noah21c, Nov 10, 2008.

1. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #1 noah21c, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
    IUGO realesaed Zombie Attack!. $1.99

[Free Lite Version]

[​IMG]

[hqyoutube]UL87kxFdhE8[/hqyoutube]

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    When the hell did that happen? :confused:I've been waiting for that game.

I'm downloading it now.

3. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    according to the reviews, it sucks!

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #4 Wegmans, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    Currently i'm 50/50 on whether or not to buy this... instead of drunk dialing when you're out, do you ever drunk download from the app store, wake up in the morning and be like "Why the EFF did i buy this game!?"

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Why does iugo release a great game like toy bot and then released mediocre ones
    Like this and shaky summit?

6. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    so what do you think about it?

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    So far, it's great. :) Those app store reviews are ridiculous.

It's not at all a normal tower defense game. It is tower defense, technically, but it's a whole different take on it. Instead of just placing towers strategically, you have to actually run around and plant them. If a zombie is in your way, you might not be able to get where you want. This way there's a lot more action to the game and it's not purely strategy.

I definitely recommend it. Again, it's not a normal TD game, so don't expect this to be another Fieldrunners or Mote-m. The unique gameplay is reason enough to buy it. The controls feel very natural, despite what the app store reviews say.

I think it's a lot of fun so far.

8. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

I'm liking it a lot, too.

9. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    crazy intense bada$$

this is intense I freak out everytime I play. Running around watching your health your money and your bases health. Feildrunners was my first td game I ever liked but this is crazy I love it.

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #11 NotYou, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    I don't know how useful it is, but it's fun to put a bunch of axes right in the zombies entranceway and watch them get hacked up and run around with no heads.

This game=awesome (so far)

Edit:
    I noticed that you can get some zombies to follow you. It might just be my imagination, though. It seems to work well for luring them into the axes.

11. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I also love this game! its a must for any TD lover

12. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I like it a lot!

I have to agree... this isn't a typical TD game... It's actually quite original. I had a great time running around trying to get the zombies before they got my shack. I have to agree that there needs to be a way to get money faster, I was having trouble putting down the weapons I wanted -- but isn't that always the case?

And the idea of putting axes up at the front was very fun so thanks for the idea. Don't worry about the couple of bad reviews. They were looking for Fieldrunners and it's not that game. It stands on it's own and people who love crazy fun (and ZOMBIES!) will have a blast with this one

13. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Upgrade!

A key to this game is the upgrades. Every time you buy a weapon it's more expensive the next go-around. But the upgrades are cheaper. I was able to do pretty well by keeping a couple of upgraded guns near my shack and some other weapons up near the front to slow them down.

I really like what they did with this game and I'm hoping that we see some different maps in the future. It seems like a pretty easy thing to add with the way the game is laid out so here's hoping. I'd love to see things like city buildings, farms, a mall(!). But until then I've got some work ahead of me just keeping the shack zombie free.

I'm sooooo glad this finally came out. I like this a lot more than the soon to be forgotten zombie invasion game (sigh)...

14. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    just now?

I posted this thread at 8 and at 11:50 touch arcade puts it under new games?

15. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Just bought this game and played a few times. Definitely worth 99c. It feels more like TD from the Warcraft3/Starcraft days where you had your SCV or peon running around building towers. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a fun game.

16. hyk

hyk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    The zombies are definitely chasing the building guy down. But they don't seem to turn on him immediately, well maybe thats zombie behavior...

There's only one bad review on the appstore and that reviewer is, like others here have commented, looking for fieldrunners. This is a 99 cents tower defenses game in the mold of the warcraft/starcraft mods and its a pretty rocking good one. They could probably sell this for $2 or more if they wanted to.

17. MarkEightThree

MarkEightThree Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Design
    Toronto, CA
    I'm loving this game! I thought I'd take a chance on it since I always wanted to get Fieldrunners but didn't want to spend the $5 on it. I'm wondering though, if I'm liking this, what are the chances I'll be into FR? How different are they?

18. stiggybird

stiggybird Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Student
    Perth, Australia
    After fifteen minutes it seems really good, especially at $1. I think it's far better value than FR.

Does anyone know if you can sell towers?

19. #20 mrbass, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    This has great animation (let me say that again, great visual animation being in cannon blast damage, flame throwing blasting zombies and upgrading of weapons) and most you'll build is 4 or 5 cannons, guns, flame throwers or axe grinders. Ok maybe more if you can get to higher levels. My high score is 1049 level 17. 2nd highest is 702. My shack was at like 1% health for last 3 or 4 levels. If your guy dies you just wait 10 secs to spawn a new one.

You tilt your device to move him. You can set relative tilt angle between 0 and 60 degrees. So you can't play it laying on the couch you need to sit up. No biggie though I guess. I do wish you could tap on a gun, fire, axe and see the current range though.

This doesn't have a lot of depth to it but it more than makes up for it in great theme, great animation, great price. I wish they had difficulty levels as it seems like it's like it's a medium to hard level. Perhaps just need to play it more.

As far as FieldRunners goes no doesn't really compare get that as Nov 11th they submit their sound, etc. upgrade. FieldRunners games can go for one hour or more while I think when I got my high score it was around a 10 min affair maybe 15mins. If you love this you more than owe it to yourself to get Fieldrunners as it has tad more planning and strategy.