iPad Zombie Attack! Strategies

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by THEDeliriumTrigger, Dec 20, 2008.

1. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Anyone have any tips? How to first set up, etc etc....

Usually i set up 3 cannons and a flamethrower first, but i dont get very far....

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

Dont get eaten by Zombies

that is prob. the best advice that i could give you, but...sometimes you just have to give in......BBBBRRAAAAIIIIIINNNNNSSSS

3. JClark

JClark Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Here's what's worked best for me so far (though I still haven't cracked 500 on the leader boards):

Set up three guns near the gate, where the zombies enter from, as close as you can to the "can't build here" area. Set up a flame thrower in the two gaps between the three guns, as close as you can. Pump the guns up to at least level two.

Next, set up a gun at the lower left corner of the cabin as close as you can to the cabin, and axes at the upper left and lower right corners. Pump the cabin gun up as high as possible, then the axes.

Somewhere in all of this you can pump up the flame throwers, and the entry guns, if you can get to them without getting mauled.

You end up killing most of the early zombies at the gate. The first ones who eventually get through will be on fire and will die pretty quickly. The fast ones will likely be the first to get to the cabin, and they'll likely attack one of the far corners, but that's what the axes are for.

This, or some variation of this, is the best I've come up with.

4. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I really wish Touch Arcade had a strategy section... anyways..
    I usually just go with cannons and guns and sometimes put in some blades up. I protect my house and also upgrade around the entrance... Though to be honest I still haven't made it too far... I usually get to 20 or so

5. cama

cama Active Member

Nov 14, 2008
    I got 4000 points with this

first i set up 4 cannons at the gate and upgrade one of them. I fully upgrade the two in the middle then set up one near the house on the corner. I fully upgrade that then build another one next to it on the right, fully upgrade it then fully upgrade the ones next to the gate. I then make another 3 around the house making 5 there and fully upgrade them, i make more cannons and fully upgrade them but usually die with a score 4000+

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'd like to know MrBlue's strategy. I saw his post that explained small details somewhere but I can't remember where.

7. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Mek has the best strategy :p
    If you can do it perfectly, you'll win every time ;)

8. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    My strategy is to win every wave! It's really that simple! Works every time for me!

9. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    You can set up 5 or 6 canons at gate. Upgrade them to top lvl if you can. Then a gun to top lvl left corner of your house. After these, put more canons near gate, extended toward house and with 2 canons/guns left and under house if you prefer some more defence.

That's what I usually do, and it's not hard to get 8k for this new version. It's very fast strategy because you always one/two shot zombies at beginning.

10. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    I like these strategies.

Does anyone know if it is more efficient (meaning more bang for your buck) if you upgrade a weapon, or just get another?

11. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    #11 MrBlue, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    All cannons and 2-3 flame throwers near the shack. I've gotten rid of guns in my setup now.

1. Build 3 cannons covering the entrance. Upgrade 1 cannon.
    2. Save money and upgrade the other 2 cannons to tier 2
    3. Upgrade all 3 cannons to tier 3
    4. Build 2 additional cannons to cover the gaps left by the first 3
    5. Upgrade the 2 new cannons to tier 2 or 3
    6. Keep upgrading the cannons and build new ones as money allows.

Things that I think are important:

• De-armed zombies do 1/2 damage. Cannons are great at de-arming zombies.
    • Headless zombies cannot follow your survivor around. If they can't follow your survivor, then you are not in control. Zombies that move randomly are dangerous to your shack and thus your high score.
    • Don't use any turrets that can decapitate because of the above.
    • Zombies will target and follow your survivor if you go close to them. Try to get every single one to follow you so there are no zombies going for your shack.
    • Your survivor should almost always be moving and away from your shack.

That's it really. I run my guy next to the zombies and in circles for as long as possible.

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    These are some good points, im gonna try them out!

13. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    You're my hero. The last tip is the best ever.

14. JClark

JClark Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I tried mine in reverse, with flame throwers backup by guns, and it seemed to be working better. Then the game crashed on me for the first time. Bah, humbug.

Good point about the decapitated zombies though...

15. JClark

JClark Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Zombie Attack! has been updated to version 1.2.1, apparently, here's a truncated list of improvements:

- Added shack defense
    - Survivor and shack regenerate
    - Touch control
    - Turret attack range as green overlay
    - Turret build range as red overlay
    - No-build zone overlay
    - Autosave

The thing is, all of these were already there... I've been using the touch controls since I picked it up last week, and the regeneration and overlays were there when I played the other day, at least. Am I missing something?

16. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    Autosave seems like a new feature. Now i don't need to go to Pause menu to save i guess.

17. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Thank you, I really appreciate it. I still kind of suck at this game. :)

18. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Ya, cannons are def the way to go, that is an excellent strategy, ive been getting in the 4-5000 point range this way, and those are just quick games, im sure i can improve on that score. Also, stay away from your house! Entice them into staying close to you, and watch as they get blown into pieces haha

19. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    I'm wondering, how many of us here made it into the All-time top 100? I know MrBlue is one of the top players, not sure who else here are the experts. Please tell us your techniques. :D

20. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah, I think MrBlue gave the best advice you'll find here at TA. I'm surprised he even let us in on the secret, but I'm glad he did :D