iPad Zombie Attack! - Lite (Free)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by salsamd, Jan 31, 2009.

1. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #1 salsamd, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    [Free Lite Version]

[​IMG]

Full Zombie Attack! Gameplay Video
    [hqyoutube]UL87kxFdhE8[/hqyoutube]

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Am surprised that there is still people without this game to warrant the need for a lite version. :p

Highly recommended, for me it's an interactive free-roaming Tower Defense game.

3. i'm not sure what that means but i can't wait to try this out later (when i'm sober)

woot !

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #4 Donburns99, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    :p

You control the placement of the turrets (towers in the analogy) by running around (free-roaming) and placing them depending on the location of the man you control. It's interactive as you have to run around to place them while avoiding the enemies trying to get to the shack. If the zombies get a hold of you, you lose health and eventually die, having to wait 6 or so seconds to respawn.

There may not be much depth, as there is only the one map and only the 4 weapons (axe, gun, flame thrower, cannon), but there is a lot of strategy involved and replay value to make it well worth the price

5. Levi@IGN

Levi@IGN Member

Jan 30, 2009
    While I personally prefer Fieldrunners, this is a fun riff on Tower Defense, too.

So is The Creeps.

...kinda cool to have your very own Tower Defense-esque game jukebox, isn't it?

6. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    This game will absolutely stay on my all time favorite iphone games list for a long long time, maybe forever. For what its worth, it is the best 99cents i'd ever spent on _anything_ period. It is a quick pick-up-and-play tower defense game with a lot of action and i could stop it at any time since it automatically saves my progress on exit.

This is one of the few games that i felt i got more than what my money deserved. An excellent low cost entertainment/distraction. ;)

7. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    The lite version is pretty lame. Only one tower and the controls are horrible.
    Good concept but I won't be buying the full game.

8. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Hmm, did you use the tilt or touch controls?

9. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I didn't play this free version since i already own the paid one. I guess giving access to one weapon is ok since its free. Can't expect to get all the weapons for paying $0... Not sure about the controls being horrible, but I use ZA! accelerometer control all the time and it works very well for me. Some people use the touch control, you have options..