Universal Zombie Anarchy: Strategy, War & Survival (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #21 Gambler, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Only thing I remember that they said Modern Combat 5 was their last premium game. They obviously stuck to that and don't seem to have plans changing it in the foreseeable future.

Also, fired up MC5 again after a long time again yesterday (premium buyers before the game went F2P apparently have unlimited energy) and looking at the MP Chat there where plenty of people playing (paying?). The game was so riddled with "special offers" and other F2P shenanigans plus connection problems though (even though I just play SP) I got turned off pretty fast again.

This game just looks generic. Dunno, maybe I'm just too biased against Gameloft F2P titles by now. Pity how a company with such a great library at the beginning (Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter ...) has ruined basically all their IP within the last few years (I sure as hell don't have high hopes for N.O.V.A. 4)

2. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    This is a Clash of Clans remake? I haven't played it yet but it sure doesn't look like it. Also, Clash of Clans was just another remake. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Yeah,man I was hooked on Gameloft since the second Dungeon Hunter.That was one beast game and I never imagined playing such a great RPG on my smartphone at the time.It was a true innovation and the gameplay will never be forgotten.Also to be honest-Asphalt 6 and 7 were awesome games,I played them both for quite some time because they were pushing visuals to the max at their release.

But what I liked the most out of Gameloft's library was Modern Combat.I couldn't play the first one because I didn't have a compatible device but I jumped on the hype train with the second one on my Xperia Play(great smartphone) and even though it had a lot of issues with the controls on the Xperia,the game was a joy to finish.

Today I stopped following Gameloft on Facebook and will probably stop following them on Youtube soon,they are done listening to customers for quite some times and these recent teasers for both this game and Asphalt Xtreme are getting me a little angry,coming out like every single day with no new footage and no mention of a global release date.At this point to me it seems like Gameloft is doing everything to push us as consumers,away.I don't really look forward to any of their future games(maybe Gangstar New Orleans) because they turned MC into a MP only game which I think not many people liked as an idea,also there has been no mention of that cool Third-person MMO zombie game they were working on(at least that is what the leaks showed),no other new or intersing IPs.

4. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Totally with you on that one. I loved Modern Combat. Played through every title from 2 - 4 at least three times each over the last couple years. MC 5 often was a drag to finish though (didn't like the short missions too much) but it's not as there are tons of great first person shooters on mobile, even less in the premium sector. So better than nothing I guess. Didn't have high hopes for the next after this and the f2p only move but with no single player at all I won't even try it. Do they plan the same for N. O. V. A. 4?

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game. Thanks Gameloft :)

6. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    It's not the greatest game, I'm not quite ready to join the mob and chase Gameloft out of town with pitchforks and torches though. One mediocre game doesn't make me hate them.

7. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I've been playing now for a couple days and I just can't get how this isn't some sort of zombie-themed boom beach.

8. walruseater

walruseater New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    #28 walruseater, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    i've been playing everyday since launch and I really enjoy it.
    i haven't played BoomBeach or anything like it, really (well...a little clash of clans) so I don't share the same hate that you guys do for GL creating a clone :)

also - can someone tell me how the Deet item works in game?