Universal Zombicide: Tactics & Shotguns (Asmodee Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Apr 23, 2019.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Never played the physical game, but I’m digging it.

2. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #22 skoptic, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Hmmm... I’m not fully convinced at the moment. Yes it has nice graphics, and looks good fun but the gameplay is different enough that this isn’t Zombicide the tabletop game in digital format :(. That might be great or awful depending on your point of view. It seems more simplistic, missing some mechanics, added other mechanics. I still seem to be in some forced tutorial scenario thing which again may be great but is pissing me off ;) At least I found fatties at the end of scenario 5 (No runners yet)

If you are an existing tabletop player, don’t buy by default. If you are not, it might be good, but I can’t see through my shattered expectations ;)

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I’ve been grinding a fair bit (2-3hrs, 7 levels) and think this is great. Properly great.

Have only just discovered dual wield (duh), am suddenly regretting scrapping all those SMGs, and a,pm basically hugely grind overpowered atm. Lovely game. Fantastic work.

4. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    Never played the board game, but this is solid. Whether or not it’s true to the physical game, it’s a well designed rpg-board game with enough customization, challenge and reward to keep it interesting. Really enjoying it, definitely worth the price for me. Just started zone 3 of 7 and already feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth.

5. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I have never played the board game but this is a great cross between a turn based tactical game like warhammer quest / 40k one I can’t remember the name of (lol) and a board game (move by sector rather than square...dice used for combat etc). Only regret I have is I downloaded it at 4am due to insomnia and have been playing it since lol.

6. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I like the game, still early in the beginning. But I kind of whished that they would also bring the tabletop version on mobiles.

nickhoola likes this.
  7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Never even heard of this but the video looked cool. What’s the character progression like? Is it RPGish with level ups and upgrades, skills, stat points, etc...?
    Thanks. Will most likely put my magical thumbprint on this one but wanted to know about the above first.

8. demonsoul

demonsoul Member

Nov 15, 2013
    can we get a review TA?

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I’d like to ask this as well.
    I don’t mind permanent iaps or dlc, but this game seems to have a lot of them.
    For me it’s four, I think expansion type dlc, each at $4.49 and six new characters each at $2.99.
    Total I am looking at, including the main game, is over 40 bucks!
    Wish developers would elaborate on these things more. There is nothing on the devs site.

10. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Well there is actually 8 characters you can buy
    individually OR 4 bundles of 2 characters each.
    These are the only IAP.
    Here in Canada it would be 20$ for all 8 characters.

A bit disappointed there is no DLC for missions, more scenarios, endless whatever.

So I just don’t see the point in buying other characters for now.
    Are they OP?
    You buy them if you want to 3 stars every level more easily?!?
    Dunno.

Still the game reminds of an all-time classic, Templar Battleforce by the almighty Trese Brothers.

Really good game so far. Still I always go back to Pirates Outlaw, meh.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @Ijipop
    Thanks for clarifying. :)
    With that being the case the developers are doing themselves a disfavour as they are making the game sound more expensive than it actually is, and they only show 6 characters as iaps, so they are not even being accurate.

So the 4 bundles aren’t even extra missions? :eek:
    The name of the iaps, such as “Prison Outbreak Bundle” and “Toxic City Mall Bundle” gives me the wrong impression that they would be missions. That’s rather misleading in itself.

Somewhat off topic, but I’ll blame you :p
    I have Templar Battleforce, both on pc and iPad, but haven’t played more than 5 minutes. Not that I wont like the game, it’s just that every week they keep updating, patching and tweaking the game. I’m waiting for the patching to stop so I won’t be taking the chance of an update gimping my team. Patches are good but I wish the devs would take a holiday for a couple of months lol.

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    If you want to see all 8 characters go to the training center, then click the ALL button.
    You’ll see the 4 bundles and 8 characters.

As for the name (indeed really misleading, cause I thought they were missions too), it’s the name of the bundles. Prisons something for I guess 2 inmates and so on.

Offtopic.
    Yeah well Templar is getting old. I’m pretty confident that you can start playing without any problem. I finished it and it’s a really solid one. Quite basic on the graphics but really satisfying gameplay wise. They are currently putting all their efforts into Star Traders. A game I have over 150 hours in. Quite a masterpiece. If this kind of games talks to you, of course.

stubbieoz likes this.
  13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #33 Quoad, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Having seen the Iap concern / confusion above, and having tbf experienced it myself, I’ve decided I’m enjoying this enough to put another £3 in. Raoul and Elsa (mall rat pack or sth), because what the hell, and they looked like melee.

I appear to have gained access to a new weapon (to me, anyway. Perhaps it’s widely available and I just hadn’t encountered it). Otherwise... new skill trees? Idk. Currently low on food and at work, but will grind some and upgrade later. I am cheered to now have two assassins, as level 2-3 appears to benefit from stealth, and I’d paused on progress whilst grinding a bit more of 2-2. Which seems great for loot. (4 green items last run!)

A69555DD-D612-4801-B512-9A84A7DE45A9.jpeg

Edit: raoul has the first green Winchester I’ve found. Only just noticed.

And I’m suddenly picking up AK47s - two on my first post iap run, none previously. Which may just be a coincidence.

Ijipop and Son of Anarchy like this.
  14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    yeah. Someone mentioned WHQ1 earlier. I get that. I’m really enjoying the grind and the character development. Quite aside from / as well as the gameplay.

Edit: ftr, Rodeo, THIS IS WHERE WHQ2 WENT WRONG!!!!! #rofl

Ijipop likes this.
  15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #35 Quoad, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Í have just discovered that you can see the char sheets by clicking on the individual char unlocks, duh. Doesn’t work for paired buys.

Edit: soooo
    • Jane and Louise = a sniper w +21% damage, and an assassin who can dual wield any (assassin class) ranged weapon
    • Julien and Tiff = an assassin with a questionable ability and a sniper who can be injured once per turn for free. Yeah. Thanks for that. Not tempted.
    • Shannon and Belle = a butcher with a questionable ability (can choose a target in own square x1 per turn) and a scout who won’t be hit by a colleagues miss once per turn. Again, yeah. Not tempted.

Ijipop likes this.
  16. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This is blew up quickly. Plus it’s by Asomodee, so it’s semi no brainer.

17. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    Completed 3/8 zones. So far, “Betty” a lengendary Butcher chainsaw, has been the most powerful weapon I’ve found. Not sure drops are predetermined but I’ve found two, so I roll with Doug and Josh armed with Betty’s, cutting through massive herds like butta’.

Son of Anarchy and Ijipop like this.
  18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this full screen on iPhone X?

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #39 skoptic, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Answered earlier in thread - yes on Xs Max

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ftr, I’d guess I’m at about 8hrs gameplay already, and have just finished the 3rd (of 7 or 8?) areas.

As commented earlier, I am taking it slowly / grinding for weapons and food (exp) tho.

Edit: 3-5 just took the best part of 30mins alone. Tbf, that isn’t really necessary - there are some kinda flabby levels. But anyway.