Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Yeah, home base saving system should be addressed. I went through like two cutscenes and upgraded all my equipment and was ready to progress. I switched apps for a while came back to the game and it loaded to a point before the cutscenes and I have to go back through and upgrade all my gear again. There should be a dedicated save button within the menus... Unless there is in which case i apologize in advance

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #142 chaos_envoys, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Recommended hardware:
    iPhone 5s or later, 5th generation iPad or later, iPod touch 6
    Minimum hardware:
    4th generation iPhone and 3rd or 4th generation iPad but with a sub-optimal experience
    Older devices are not supported
    So yeah, iphone 5 can still play this game... Even iphone 4s can still play it if the description about minimum is right..

Anyone can explain about this?

3. Philosorunner

Philosorunner Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Regarding connection, you don't need one to play the game itself, though you may need one to load the game initially. Several times I've gone into airplane mode while playing and apart from a brief dialog box you can continue playing no problem.

Another nod for a virtual stick inclusion; the scenery is incredible and my fatfingers cover half the screen while dragging my gryphon around.

4. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Hmm... So every play session requires an active connection at the start? Or only at the first time opening the app? Thanks btw

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #145 Son of Anarchy, Nov 12, 2015
    The ONLY time you need a connection is when you launch the game for the FIRST time. That's it. Never again. After you launch the game once, you could destroy the part of your device that connects to the Internet if you wanted cause you'll never need it again. For this game. Other games will still need it. But not this one.

I avoid constant online required games like I avoid certain plagues.

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #146 Montanx, Nov 12, 2015
    Whoa..so like...is this good? It looks beautiful and the sound is great. It seems like its kind of light on the gameplay front tho. Always good to support premium games with attention to sound and detail.

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Thanks man :)

8. midasmulligan

Oct 1, 2015
    I was under the impression that the game pulls your character info from the company's server every time you load the game, good to know

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ what he said

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The app description says 10+ hours of play, and that this is a first installment. Hmm...I am wondering if all these locked characters means the plan is for the installments to continue within the same app, vs starting over with whatever they decide on for episode two, etc...I hope so.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #151 curtisrshideler, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    So far for me it's been a bunch of finding key cards to unlock gates and a few battles in between. So, it is a little more like Fearless Fantasy.

And as for sound, the music is beautiful, but the game lacks a lot of sound effects. Only a few menus and pop ups have sounds. The battles and cutscenes do not. It's kind of weird playing it or watching it and having no other sounds than the music. Still playable though.

I edit video and audio and often use sounds in my videos. Even a site like Audioblocks has a lot of stock sounds that can be used. I hope they implement some eventually.

12. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Anyone have a chance to test it on a 4S? If so how does it run on it

13. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015

Same impressions. The game has a nice hook to it, and it's fun. But the cutscenes with no sound are really jarring and make me think the game has a bug, or is unfinished. In that respect, it doesn't feel like a $9.00 (I know, it's cheap overall but qualifies as premium on iOS) game. I look forward to future updates, and am having fun playing it.

14. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Agree with this. The entire point of mobile is on the go gaming in bursts. A save system is sorely needed.

15. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I've checked everywhere in that purple section and no white card :-/ been all the way to the bottom and got a clue to check with a fawlcon but there aren't any in that section.

16. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #156 mzinn, Nov 12, 2015
    Did you check your items then select Quest Items? I was going back & forth looking for a card & didn't relealize I had the card already. I had checked items, but missed the Quest Items tab at first. When I finally saw that tab I went up to the gate & used the card & was done with the quest minutes later. I was staying away from the gates due to the previous gate bug issue that's since been fixed.

17. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I found it thx. I guess I overlooked an npc and got it finally.

When are you able to craft?

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You can craft in the main city after you finish the prison story.

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Oh man you are fast!!!

20. midasmulligan

Oct 1, 2015
    When you are upgrading and a weapon is needed to add to the upgrade, does that weapon need to have its experience maxed out? I was trying to upgrade a weapon and I had the component weapon but I couldn't add it