Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    How about it dev? We've been eagerly waiting for months on this game. :)

Well EP, there's always Fallout 4 and Sc2: Legacy of the Void out this week. :D

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ah, I hate games that require you to drag your finger all over the screen as I play on ipad. Guess I'll have to pass until a virtual joystick is implemented.

Also is the online thing only if you want to use a cloud save feature? Or do you have to always be online to play?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Underpowered PC says no.

/cries in a corner.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I also discovered the tap movement but it's not worth mentioning since I realized it's extremely hard to hit specific spots like chests just with tapping to move. At least an option for a joy stick would be very welcome.

Some other recommendations :
    1) Sort button for inventory. It's getting hard to look through everything.
    2) Tell what weapons can be equipped on who. I picked up some weapons but I don't know who can use it (probably no one in my party I'm assuming).
    3) Move current party member's cards on the equip screen toward the front so you don't keep swiping through empty cards.
    4) Increase size of everything (aside from menu). Would look perfect on an ipad but on an iphone looks zoomed out. Bigger attack move icons would be lovely along with bigger sprites for the gorgeous artwork.
    5) Stop the griffon turning left when you tap the menu button. I noticed that tapping the menu button is the equivalent of tapping the left of the screen to make the griffon turn left. So it's just a small irritation seeing the griffon turn / move left every time you hit the menu button.

I'm just being more critical since this is a really good game. The game is still very playable and enjoyable but these are just some recommendations of my own. Thanks dev!

5. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Is this a new side effect of the app thinning that bug fixes can be made without an AppStore update?? That's fantastic. The update approvals could take weeks. Thanks for the quick update, I'm buying this as soon as I get home to my rMini.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sounds like a side effect of a game connecting online. o_O

7. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Anyone else get a FF12 vibe from the game?

Another suggestion is maybe the game should auto save when entering a new area

8. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Where is that white keycard? What color section is it in?

Also wish you could pinch to zoom out and see more of the map

9. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Ask around in the same section as the imprisioned guard, make sure you go all the way down ;)

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    What did you guys do with the prison guard? Mark for spoilers of course!

I'm wondering if the item you receive is different depending on your choice? I couldn't even figure out what to do with the item I got since it didn't seem equipable.

11. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I got a water sword for the winged lady.

After playing a couple hours, I'm digging it more. Appreciate that there are different difficulty levels. Wondering about being able to replay levels ecause the monsters don't seem to respawn? Not that far yet, starting the quest with Eco and bought an expensive new weapon that is pretty awesome...wondering when the skill trees open up for other characters, it really empowers characters a lot...

I'm not too concerned about any freemium mechanics. I dig that you can salvage items and once you've done so it looks like you know what you can get for them. My only gripe is that I'm not sure when it saves in the city; you buy some things or what not but when does it save? For mobile, saving only at healing spots is a problem. I've only had one crash but sometimes you have to put it down for awhile and it might not stay in ram when you come back.

One tip: in battle tap on the icon for your character and it will show you your attack descriptions...handy when you get a new character.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey kobojo

How do I delete my account from my email address? This online saving really suck I wouldn't have asked this if it's iCloud. I want to play again and create a new account.

It let me create an identical User Name with a different 4 digit number appended but it never get synced nor able to login to this if u logout!!!

13. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    My exact thoughts also...fast forward to this time next week and it shall b mine, oh yes!

14. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    I think maybe they are using their own server as save storage to implement cross-platform save? Since they are porting it to vita etc.

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Do i need an always on connection to play this game??

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, cross-platform saves would make great sense if it was on Steam and the PSN/XBox Live. But having it on two similar sized portable devices, I would think they wouldn't need to cross-save. But for those of you guys with both devices, maybe you want to play it on both.

17. Aliens

Aliens New Member

Oct 30, 2015
    So suddenly the iPhone 5 can't handle simple semi-animated 2D sprites in a frickin' turn-based RPG...?
    What's next, iPhone 6S required to play Asteroids?
    /facepalm

18. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Still not available for purchase in my country. Sad. Is this game America exclusive ?