Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    No sh*t?

That's pretty obvious man. It's still worth mentioning. ;-)

2. If this saves to their server instead of iCloud, what kind of information do they ask for? Does it still sync between devices? And does that mean it doesn't save locally, so you can't play if you're away from Internet?

3. tommiyu

tommiyu Member

Aug 3, 2014
    So after the tutorial when you arrive in the jail.. I have no allies with me. apparently in YouTube videos there is a winged girl with you. Did I miss it or or did my bug out?

4. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    #104 Kobojo CM, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Hi Touch Arcaders,

Dropping by again to let you know that the fix for the prison gate freeze is now live! All you have to do is close the app and restart Zodiac to pick up the changes. Thank you very much for your patience.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues. We are taking note of all the constructive feedback you have sent our way and will make sure to forward it to the responsible teams. There's a bunch of pertinent questions in this thread which we will address asap! We just need to let the dust settle. :D

Thanks again!

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Evidently, you have to sign up with an account on their server, which will send you a confirmation email. You then have to click on a link in the email and it will authenticate your email so you can use their server to save your data.

HOWEVER, when I clicked on the link in the email, it took me to their authentication page and said my email could NOT be authenticated. But, I was able to log in to their site with my email and username. So, right now it seems that we will be unable to backup saves with their servers too.

Hopefully, this will get resolved when it is released globally. Please look into this, devs.

6. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Member

Nov 11, 2015
    You will get an ally...also, remember to talk to the NPCs as you move about the prison.

7. :/ That doesn't sound good. Why does this game even need to connect to their servers? Is there a multiplayer aspect to it?

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It was probably left in place from the free-to-play build, and was probably easier for them to keep implemented instead of recoding for iCloud. However, I hate being tracked or monitored by games. So, I would much rather see them remove this altogether and opt for updating the app with iCloud eventually. At least we know iCloud will probably outlive most gaming servers, and have better success rate. I mean, my iCloud will authenticate my email address, so that's a good start.

9. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Hey, the game requires internet to play?

If yes, £€¥^, because my data plan is horrible, if no, why the game freeze on the download page!

Thanks

10. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    #111 Kobojo CM, Nov 11, 2015
    Hey Tommiyu (or anyone else with the same issue),

Can you please send us your User ID?

It can be found in this menu:
    [​IMG]
    (Click the gears on the top left corner -> Cael's face ->"Options")

Cheers!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Will this ever be out on PH, JP and other asian regions?

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #113 L.Lawliet, Nov 11, 2015
    A super amazing game! I love the battle animations and sprites.

Only a couple things bother me. First is I wish there was a virtual joystick for exploring. I do not like the drag very much at all. It blocks up the screen and feels a bit off - not to mention the dialogue boxes are extra tiny on an iPhone 6 even. It's hard to hit each NPC that I wish their dialogue boxes are either bigger or the map zoomed in more.

The other thing is wish the battle attacks had impact sounds. They play a sound for attacking but there's no actual hit sound. Or maybe the sound doesn't seem strong enough?

Edit: A bug I think I found is that after each battle the bottom of each character is supposed to show the level of their weapon/armor but after each battle it shows a random number or a star (meaning it's maxed out?). I'm sure it's not supposed to do that.

But overall I'm very impressed. I hope you can get your sister (from the tutorial) to join your party. Her art and moveset are stunning!

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I would also like a joystick for moving my Flyon around my hand is in the way of the beautiful scenery when I'm dragging ;-;

14. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how this plays on an iPod Touch 5th gen?

15. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    I don't think server connection isnecessary, did they forget iCloud exists?

16. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Yeah a virtual control pad would be an amazing addition. Your finger block the screen too much at times and could potentially block treasure chests and hidden items.

17. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    I just discovered that you don't have to drag to have your flyon move where you want, just press and hold the direction. Think of your screen partitioned into four directions, up down left and right. I kept flying all messed up when I was dragging around

18. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    The one thing I'm uncertain about is the checkpoint system/saving. Are the cubes that refill your health save points? I'm assuming that by hitting those the game save there as well. Is that correct?

19. tommiyu

tommiyu Member

Aug 3, 2014