Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #561 Bliquid, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    He does come off a little over the edge, but you can't deny there's truth in this man's words.
    I held off on this waiting to see how the situation developed, so i can't speak from the "screwed" perspective.
    But there were clearly ill intentions on the developer's side.
    Besides the "unpolishness" i read about here, the episodic nature was definitely hidden.
    Even now the app description, even with the quick mention of it being episode one, is vague.
    Also, reading here, it seems that there are chunks of the finished game already in the app, seemingly cut off or just unaccesible to be sold later.
    And this is a no no in my honesty book.
    I so wanted this to be good, but i have no trust at all in this developer, thus they won't have my money this time or ever.
    I remember paying the same price for Implosion, and feeling like i owed money to Rayark.
    This is not the case with Kobojo, and i'll certainly try hard to give them the bad pubblicity they deserve to those i can.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    People in this thread need to take it down a notch. I understand you're upset, but hurling expletives at a developer and the accusatory tone people are using aren't cool.

It's possible to voice your opinion while still being respectful, so please remember that.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Totally agreed.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Unless there's been some posts deleted, I don't think anyone has been disrespectful and haven't seen any expletives.

The tone we've taken isn't all that different than the article TA itself wrote about the situation when it first occurred.

All we (or I) want is the dev to be honest and understand where we are coming from in what has occurred. If they had communicated better with those of us in the thread who got refunds, this all would have gone much smoother.

I personally was really excited about the game, but it didn't seem like the devs were going to address the situation directly even after a front page article on TA.

If there's nothing more they can do, so be it. I'll move on to other games and just, unfortunately, have to keep this experience in mind when it comes to this developer.

The thing that is great about this forum is the ability to communicate directly with many devs. So when a dev vanishes immediately after this all blew up, it just sours opinions.

But I agree. Posters certainly should be civil in how they address devs.

5. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #565 nkx, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    I was a bit harsh on my previous posts but like Anthony posted just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Time to move on I'm just looking forward to Titan Quest now

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    There are some posts deleted :)

I agree with you. I want people to voice their opinions. But I also know these guys weren't trying to purposely mislead anyone, and this wasn't some nefarious plot to trick their first time and what they would hope will be future repeat customers for a few bucks. It's just not worth it, and you wouldn't put the type of time, effort and money in a project like this just to scam people.

I promise you the Zodiac people know they messed up. They are very, very aware of that. But they're also far from the first developers to have a rough start or to misjudge how you should launch a high profile mobile game. They're trying to make things right. Whether people think they are succeeding at that or not, they deserve the respect that all of our members do.

We are very fortunate to be able to interact with the developers who make our games, it's one of the things that attracted me to mobile and TA back in the day. But I also know a depressingly large number of developers who no longer visit TA because of the attitudes and behavior of some people on our forums, which is a tragedy.

So yeah, long winded way of saying voice your opinion but be nice about it. Not you specifically but everyone :)

7. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Agreed I was a bit offside on a few posts

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    What titan quest? Isn't that a pc game in the early 2000s

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yes, I believe he's referring to the Dot Emu iOS port of the 2006 PC game. TA did a hands on with it back at E3. Was supposed to be out in 2015, but I haven't heard anything on it recently.

10. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I see.. So who is bringing diablo the mother of all action Rpg to iPad?

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Unfortunately, no one that I know of, but a mobile version of Torchlight should be coming soon.

12. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Can't wait for that one. As far as Orcannon goes, I got my refund, but may repurchase if the devs can improve things.

13. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Think it's a F2P game though? Will probs be great for kids

14. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I've heard mixed things. It was supposed to be F2P then I thought I heard they were going premium then I heard possibly F2P without timers...who knows?

Of course, I hope it ultimately winds up being premium.

15. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    +1.

This thread got toxic and mobby. I understand why and how...it was so toxic that, despite having a similar sentiment, I didn't speak up to fact check. You can't make an argument with someone who just wants to vent, but what you brought helps me understand better what I feel is a a responsibility when I participate in a forum.

Specifically, I think you are bringing up a really good point about our relationship with the developers. If we come off as hostile and unreasonable then we ARE unwelcoming. We, the community, are all hosts here...we're also guests, so it's tricky. We have to wear both hats. But that how it is in life. You have to take care of yourself and your partner, your job and our company, etc.

16. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone playing this? How's 0.7.8? Any feedback?

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    This just got updated bug fixes and a new icon

18. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Anyone heard the ETA on the other episodes?

19. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    and Titan Quest

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really don't like how they don't explain what they fixed. I still want to go back and play (bought and deleted it later on) but I want to know if the bugs that are bothering me are fixed. If not then I probably wouldn't reinstall it just yet. But of course they have to be vague so people can't really tell what's going on under the hood..

At least the new icon looks good.