Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This game is on sale.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Lol thats just adding fuel to the fire here.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The sale doesn't appear to be even close to a deal. Normally 50% off would sound good but in this case .99 might have been better especially if this might be free to play with IAP in the future....

I may be miss-speaking as I was fully engaged with the thread at the beginning as I was very interested in the game but the $8.99 price tag made me want to make sure I knew what I might be getting into etc...

If the developers lower the price and provided updates for free based on the major issues that many had maybe this game could be salvaged...?

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    And I'm going to still recommend that people steer clear of this mess.

5. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Hey Everyone,

Just dropping by to clarify that the game is not on sale. We just posted an announcement about the price change (and information on the upcoming content) in our official forum.

Thank you for all your patience and constructive criticism! We will be looking forward to your feedback.

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Unfortunately you have lost a lot of your fan base by leading them on and by dropping now the price you screwed over the people who paid full price for this!!! People won't be fooled by your IAP trap. Why don't you just maintain your price and make the rest of the chapters free instead of trying to steal more from people

7. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Hey Nkx,

I think you misread our statement.
    We are offering the entire Season Pass to those who have purchased Z:OO at 8.99€.

Cheers,
    A

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    You screwed over people who asked for a refund with your misadvertised game. Either way best of luck but I'm staying away

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Omg so the people who bought it for 8.99 and thought they were getting a full game, and subsequently refunded - now will have to pay even more to get the full game experience of 4.99 + the IAPs.

10. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    It reads like he means we get the rest free....doesn't it? Oh I get it, they got a refund so....

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, technically, from what i read of one of the latest policy changes, was that when you ask for a refund for one app you can never download it again, or something along those lines.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, this kind of sucks. Even though supposedly we can't even re-buy the game due to Apple's rules on refunds, the early adopters who went through a lot of pain playing a broken game and got refunds now will have to pay even more if we were able to rebuy.

Oh well, they could have possibly avoided this mess by making that decision (regarding the "free" season pass) when all the complaints were going on.

Now they lost a ton of people who supported them early on who got refunds and no longer have any good will towards them.

Just a total screw up all around by Kobojo in both the bug riddled build and lack of upfront communication about the episodic content. Their loss and, unfortunately, not much they can do now to earn our trust back.

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    if I read that correctly it says the people who bought Zodiac early when it was still 8.99$.... gets the season pass for free? that's great news for me but how do they know if we bought it early or just now

14. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us so far! We will forward all the feedback to the responsible teams.

Everybody who purchased the game for 8.99$ will receive the full Season Pass automatically.

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    So I'm guessing there is no resolution for those who bought it and got a refund (other than the refund). There were a lot of people in this thread that really had hope for this game, including myself. But since you didn't bother to communicate with us since the whole fiasco started, most of us got refunds. You really should have came back here wayyyyy earlier to address our concerns regarding the unfinished nature of the game instead of abandoning this thread.

16. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    You still have it in your purchase list, but you're not able to update it.
    If you want the game with future updates, you have to buy it again.

I'm glad I wasn't into this game and now with all that IAP problems...meh

17. Kobojo CM

Kobojo CM Member

Nov 11, 2015
    #557 Kobojo CM, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Hey Anthony,

We absolutely understand the frustration.

Let us give you an overview of what we dealt with:
    We have a fairly small team, so sometimes we cannot be as responsive as we wish, this means that as soon as the game came out we became completely engrossed in troubleshooting live technical issues which were sent via CS directly to us and improving the general game experience.

The situation on the app store description was an oversight, which we completely acknowledge and apologize for. When the responsible team became aware that the mishap had occurred, the sentence was added. It was never our intention to mislead our initial buyers. This is also why, after many internal discussions on how we could approach the whole incident, the best way we found to compensate our supporters was to offer the full Z:OO experience.

We will ask whether it is technically possible for us to recover data on refunded episodes and what the possibilities are in this situation, but once again, we cannot promise anything nor can we guarantee that this will be a swift process - but we will try our best!

Thank you very much for all the feedback that you have sent our way and we hope you have a lovely weekend!

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #558 Xexist, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    When you were seeing refunds coming in left right and center might have been a good time to come to the forum and say 'Please people we are working towards something to make this right for you, we cant say yet what exactly that will be but please hold off on your refund for a week or so until we can announce something' might have at least bought you some time, saved you some refunds, would have taken someone all of 5 minutes to do. 2 minutes if the post was short and sweet.

I might have bought it at the full price had you made such a statement (would have loved the game, knowing that future content was paid for).

Unfortunately I was waiting for the dust to settle and didnt buy, and now I wont be. Your pricing structure isnt completely unfair or anything but given what has happened, it would take a 'sweeter deal' to get me to bite at this point and just hope all will be well.

*this is all the opinion of someone who DIDNT buy the game, so I am not angry about getting ripped off, or having to get a refund or anything. By which to say I mean It is just an honest and hopefully not too biased opinion.

19. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Great post which is spot on wiith my feelings as well on what should have occurred ... But sadly did not.

20. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Hi, I deleted the game, but didn't ask for a refund, if I download again now you guys will know that i paid 8.99? How i will get the other episodes? Thanks!