Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Yeah me too

I really wanted to hold off and not request the refund, but everything is moving in the wrong direction, not better. I played through the prison, but had to give up after getting to the next section with no maps. It was just unplayable. Untimately the game wasn't that fun anyway, with way too much time spent clicking on people to get the same boring text over and over again.

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Thank you!! *PREACH IT*

3. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    It isn't necessary for a dev to check in daily, but it is expected to check in when you are receiving enormous amounts of negative feedback. However, there really isn't a good reason devs cannot check in often. Look at the Trese Brothers and their new game Templar Battleforce. They are an extremely small team, yet they answer every single comment and question they receive. And that is true not just on Toucharcade, but multiple gaming forums. It shows a level of respect they have for their customers.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Agreed. And the fact that they posted just when they were getting suggestions for changes and stopped after all the IAP / unfinished game stuff started to blow up, makes me suspect they just don't want to respond now. Probably have no legitimate excuse and doubt they will want to rectify the situation (by like giving early buyers future content for free) because they're likely losing money already with refunds and the negative publicity.

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Lol, and I was laughed at when I said the devs were vapor. Rofl

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Devs are gone there is over 30 plus pages of refunds and negative remarks. This game will be f2p model. I feel bad for the people who paid full price for this garbage and get screwed on this game. I'm pretty certain most TA players got a refund but I'm just curious how many people actually asked for a redund

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Didnt asked for a refund yet and probably wont ask for one. I'll wait on how that turns out in the end. The negative responses they got so far are over the roof which is quite understandable. It was falsely advertised, no doubts on that. Who knows what happened after years in developement. Maybe they were short on money and had to release it asap. Maybe they were already ashamed of themselves when it was released, clearly knowing what will happen.
    The piracy rate on this one is pretty high which wont help either.

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Is there a way to know the piracy rate?

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I've got a pretty good guess as to how it'll turn out in the end. Of all the money they would've made on release through early adopters, mine included, at least half of it would've been taken straight back from their bank accounts through refunds. Add to that the countless potential buyers turned away from poor reviews and this thread.

I think it can only add up to a huge financial loss, and the only solution will be to convert it completely free to play, and I'd make a bet that they are right this minute madly working on doing just that.

They had some ridiculously talented people working on this game and it should've been a very successful masterpiece.

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm certain it's astronomical, but all the same who cares. Games like this promote piracy, imo.

11. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    100% agree. I'm holding onto this hoping they really do work on it but I really just see them making a F2P model since no one is going to buy this version anymore..

12. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    100% agreed too!

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    There's an update out but it's not very specific..

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, "bug fixes and performance improvements". Don't think it's going to bring anything to the table to offset any of the real complaints for the game.

And still the sound of silence from devs after everything hit the fan with the review and unfinished complaints.

15. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Yeah I think pretty much everyone has chalked this game up as a huge loss and major disappointment, and the devs are gone, never appearing again. They are charging money for future episodes, so why would they come back, they know everyone hates them.

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I'm surprised you rated this game four stars out of five. I doubt this update will fix the real issues of the game. Missing content and classes

17. SashJ

SashJ Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I think that the fact that they changed a f2p game to premium at the last minute is what sealed their fate.

Clearly the game was done and they decided to tamper with it last minute. Had they just stayed with the original idea, they wouldn't be in this fiasco.

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Not the impression I'm getting. It sounds like lots of extra things that they'd make people grind/shell out extra money for (the weapon system?) aren't really necessary, and are sort of tacked on. The fiasco came from their lack of clarity on the episodic nature of the game, and in general the poor design of the game. Had they been up-front about their payment model, and the fact that the game isn't really finished, and had they done a better job squashing bugs, they may have done better. Overall this one should've released in 2016, they needed the extra time.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, if they would've told us exactly what we would be getting and why they need the money now, maybe I'd be more of a supporter instead feel like I was cheated out of my money. A refund fixed that for me, though.

20. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    #520 Hochy, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Beta tester for 9 bucks (paid otherwise) round 2

Fresh install(yes I uninstalled game, no one can blame me).
    They repaired prison door bug, yay.
    Phyltrain murder cutscenes playing twice in row bug still there.
    Crash to desktop during talk with lady yeuno.

BTW. They've update game version v0.6.4(TA app detail on release) to v0.6.26 ...interesting move. Countdown to zero? Jrpg, read from right to left? Anyone?