Universal Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey (by Kobojo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schnedi, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    #481 Hochy, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Ooo man, give us know your opinion as soon as you finish main story and try harder difficulty, but you have my "pre-welcome" to "in your eyes" anti-Zodiac angry mob. :)

Michal Hochmajer

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    such a disappointment :/ this and blossom tales I was really looking forward too. it's funny how when the comments saying how bad this game is comes the devs disappear. super shady greedy ridiculous devs. :/ now to ask Apple for a refund

3. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    If you check their website, they have enough investments to build high quality products. I miscalculated, when defending my statement under review as I expected they are small indie dev team. But if you also check credits in the game...there is no excuse for what they did.

Michal Hochmajer

4. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I think it's safe to say after 40 pages of hate that kobojo has failed and the severe damage of their bait and switch tactic has backfired!!!! Who know how other people in North America are looking at this game but def TA players are out. I wonder if we were the test run before the Asian release

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    man, i wonder another thing : do you think we hereat TA - the reviewers and the community - are looking at gaming through a different lens?
    I mean, while Carter's review was spot on, Shaun's Teets were like "the game isn't even finished", and our community is in an uproar about this game, Apple Editor Choiced it, and the other big site on mobiles, Pocketgamer, where the reviews are more like a joke to me than anything else, has given it a 7/10 recommendation, and nowhere do they mention the incomplete game or the IAPs - not even in retrospect.

So i wonder, do people outside of TA act like : "oh, 9 dollars for an unfinished game? and it wasn't stated before so it misled us? and it's full of bugs? who cares, it's 9 dollars, meh"...

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    There were aspects of the game that were good and it had promise, but the "unfinished" aspect with future content IAP was the final straw. If you go back, I was one who initially had positive posts on the game.

I actually question whether PG actually played the game through to the "end". To not mention that as well as classes not being unlocked, etc., doesn't make me feel like they played it all.

I might have given the game a 7/10 early on myself after the prison escape was fixed. But my view changed quickly as I began to notice the truly incomplete game we were given.

PG has lost some of its credibility lately IMO. They also did a review of Dark Star and criticized the controls when they clearly hadn't even been using them correctly (there are still issues with that game, but not nearly to the extent of the reviewer's own incompetence).

7. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Great posts guys! Agree with both views pocket gamer has def slipped when it comes to reviews and will no longer rely on them. I wonder how Asia would have reacted if they got this game last week

8. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    I know quite a few people have requested refunds for this game. I've already tried to request a refund several times but am getting nowhere. Apple has granted me a few for different games in the past, and now ADAMANTLY REFUSES to grant any more. They completely ignore every email I send and will NOT help.

Can anyone offer me some tips or suggestions on how to get through?

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Have you tried just doing the "Report a problem" option in either your email receipt or iTunes? I'm pretty sure that process is automated as opposed to emailing support where an actual person is handling it.

10. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Just for fun

Finally remembered name of the game. Do you guys know dragon age journeys. Old free flash game, advertising next upcoming dragon age game by bioware at the time? Check YouTube for 9 min walkthrough first part. Notice espacially story telling and skill page. Thats what I was looking for in zodiacs settings without bugs and better/more interesting enemies and balance. Booom :)

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Can't trust any reviews, mate. Eg: TA gave Baseball Apocalypse 3.5. Everything is a crapshoot til the actual buyer imps come thru.

12. Mullet_Mcgee

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    #492 Mullet_Mcgee, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I have, and was denied. I also tried a live chat, where an Apple rep reassured me that I would not get a refund for any reason... even if the game was falsely represented. This has actually caused me to remove my payment options.

I mean, If my account were ever hacked or used to make unauthorized purchases, I doubt Apple would help me out in any way shape or form. From now on I'm free-app leech.

13. House of Paincakes

House of Paincakes Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    You said yourself that you've gotten refunds on a "few" games in the past. Only thing I can think of is that you've reached some refund limit with Apple and they've decided you are abusing the system (not accusing you of anything, mind you).

For comparison, this was my first time doing a refund and I received confirmation of my refund immediately.

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I believe I got a refund for a couple apps that didn't work on my device a long time ago, and when I tried to get a refund for a third they told me I couldn't get it refunded. So, I am assuming they have some kind of internal policy to deny refunds after a certain amount of apps or dollars. Personally, it's been a long time since my last refund, which is probably why they refunded mine without the need to further email or explain anything.

All you can probably do is keep sending emails and call, maybe ask for a supervisor and talk about Apple's policy regarding refunds in your country. If there's a hard 10-15 day limit or something, on top of the bugs and unfinished product, should eventually get you your refund.

However, if you do stop using your payment method, another option instead of playing f2p solely is go out and buy iTunes gift cards for yourself. It's a good way to limit your monthly spending!

15. Mullet_Mcgee

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    I think I may be blacklisted. Gift cards sound like a good idea. I'll at least be protected if the worse happens, cause God knows Apple won't do a thing. Like you said it'll keep my money wasting in check. Until Apple makes some major policy changes though, I'm a 99 cent/free leech.

16. sam20

sam20 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2015
    I was all set to buy this till i read the info about iap. I am so glad i found this out before i got it.

17. SashJ

SashJ Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Refund!

Refund officially requested and I also recommended that the app be pulled from the Apple Choice spotlight. It's not a good reflection of the companies standards.

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #498 Solarclipse, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    The devs haven't disappeared. They have posted here twice, been very grateful for the comments and made a statement about what they are working on. Besides dealing with complaints and issues, they are in Paris near the terrorist attacks, so they have things to deal with on several fronts.

Some devs are in threads almost every day, but I don't think we should expect that as a standard.

19. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Nah they've disappeared. They dodged the questions and complaints about charging for more episodes, missing content,,etc. they popped in a while ago to say they'll fix the bugs, which is the least of everyone's worries. They clearly active and seeing what we say, they are on their forum, so the Paris attack has nothing to do with them missing form the thread. They are gone because they know we caught them and called them on all their bullshit. Stop using the Paris attack as an excuse, they are fine.

20. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I received a refund about 36 hours after requesting one using the "report a problem" link in the iTunes receipt for the game. I gave a short explanation and was approved. This was the first app I've ever requested a refund for. Glad to be done with it.