1. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    GET ZIRTHIAN NOW

Proud to announce after a LOT of work, drawing and sound making, Zirthian demo is finally out! Testers get free final game content!

The Weapons Test build lets you experience all the enemies, weapons, power-ups and explosive combat that Zirthian 1.0 will offer, featuring most of the beautiful final game graphics and sound effects. Improve your flight and combat skills and earn the in-game currency "Z's" to buy weapons and skins in the Workshop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapons Test (build 0.6) features the following:
    • Skill tracking: Improve your score in Kill Count, Sharpshooting, Distance Traveled and Money Earned
    • In-game currency: Earn Z's to buy weapons in the workshop
    • Six types of enemy with different behaviours and weapons - survive hostile lasers, missiles and stuns, getting surrounded by robot swarms and being rammed into. Read more about the Cublet, Seeker, Tribot, Ram, Shark and Predator.
    • Four types of weapon with ten skins each: Use lasers, neutron guns, gamma ray and seeker missiles - all customizable in the workshop!
    • Five types of power-ups: Double missiles, Double Z's, Invulnerability, Instant special weapon recharge, Instant shield recharge
    • Endless, procedurally generated, hand-drawn levels with easy and hard difficulty
    • Revamped, hand-drawn user interface
    • Very much improved spaceship control system

[​IMG]

GET FREE STUFF - TEST ZIRTHIAN NOW !

Checkout Zirthian on Itch.io :: Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Facebook :: Watch on Youtube

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Is the second gif? showing the actual game speed?

3. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    No :) its 2x speed.

Jstorm likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well... I tried a couple of runs. Before I send any feedbacks, I want to know if you have played shmups before.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah crazy speed for me. Look what works well on the App Store as a shooter or look at famous arcade shoot em ups.

Weird design decision to go fast like this. Have you had testers play it ? Surely the feedback is it’s too fast ?

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think you need to go back to the design table before asking for public feedbacks.

Try games like

Steredenn
    Super Hydorah

7. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    #7 Lenka Pitonakova, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  8. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    @psj3809 the GIF is 2x game speed. Here is a video:

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, as much as I want to fill in the form, there are too many problems with the current state of your game for me to point out.

As both I and psj3809 suggested, you should play some popular shmups available on AppStore and consider why they are praised.

10. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    @Jstorm I looked at the games you suggested - I think the main 2 points for me are:

- richer backgrounds
    - enemies that make geometric formations

I am planning both of these for future demo releases

Is there anything else specifically that you are thinking of? I'd really appreciate more constructive feedback because I am trying to understand what players like you want.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well im glad the speed seems more normal. But how do you control the ship ? 99.9% of shooters have the fire buttons on the right and movement on the left. Seems to be the opposite here ?

12. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
  13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Did you actually play those games or just watched the gameplay footage.

You should notice many more things if you actually played those games, not just presentations, but things such as the flow of gameplay, hit box, items, controls, etc.

14. Lenka Pitonakova

Mar 25, 2020
    Yeah I've played similar games when I was younger. Thanks a lot for your feedback.