Universal Zip--Zap (by Philipp Stollenmayer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 27, 2016.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Cool, congrats! :cool:
    This one took me some time too.
    extend on both swing end points and thus retract in both directions

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  3. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    :eek: Andy, please tell me this was edited, or was this really (mostly) one run through?

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #44 Andy C83, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Haha, I'm good but I'm not THAT good. ;) After a few years of making videos I've learned a few tricks. :p Thanks for watching. :)

5. kamibox

kamibox Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    U P D A T E

The game just received an update with 32 new levels in landscape mode!
    And the price dropped by 50% for a short time to celebrate that.

6. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I would love a way to play the new levels without having to beat all of the previous ones. I uninstalled the game after I beat them all, and I don't want to beat them again but I want to play the new ones!

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    A potential facepalm question: I see chapters 1-3 but I don't see any of the other chapters. Is there an obvious solution that I'm missing?

8. kamibox

Jul 19, 2013
    You are probably right about that, I should have thought of the uninstallers. The next update will fix that.

No facepalm question – The levels are quite hard, so they are at the end of the game. They will be unlocked as chapter 8 and 9.

9. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I do not see chapters 4, 5, 6, or 7. Do I need to beat a certain amount of levels to see the above chapters?

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here, one tip for Kamibox make all your future games Icloud proof or is that too much work, I have no idea about coding and making games or whatsoever ha ha.

11. kamibox

Jul 19, 2013
    Right, the chapters are unlocked when you finish a certain amount of other levels.

In the past, there have been some iCloud-problems with the SDK that I use, but those should be gone by now. I will have a look again for the next app and update.

12. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thank you Kamibox. You have one heck of a great physics game##

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Snagged it on sale, fun game!

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Great game of course!

One small irritation is the swipe to reset. A flick of my finger many times doesn't work as it is too short, this could be made more sensitive. And I'd like to see automatic reset as well, when the game detects an essential element has disappeared. It does give the instruction to reset, but why not reset automatically then?

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #55 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Bought yesterday after reading all the positive feedback here. Already finished the first 7 bunch of levels, missing three stages from level 8 and eight stages from level 9. Very addictive game indeed. Congrats to the dev! EDIT: just finished every level. Well worth its price. It will be great to see how the dev innovates in a second part :D

16. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Still no way to skip to the new levels? I already beat the first sets but deleted the game due to space issues. Please, can you add a way to play the new levels and skip the originals?

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Shame on me getting this gem of a physics puzzler for free. I simply don't buy as many games as i used to. Time. To make it up a little, i left a 5-star review on my swiss app store.

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Glad more people get to try this puzzler, it really is very unique and clever. Level design is genius. It's a crying shame it takes a free price drop to get more coverage though.

19. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Free on sale

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    This game is amazing! Puzzle games aren't always my thing but this is just the right side of logic, physics and frustration to keep me playing. Starts off really simple but becomes very clever and quite intricate at times. The mechanics take a bit of getting used to, they rarely 'click' but yet it is still really compelling and although it can be a little 'lucky shot' at times, you never feel like it's cheap. And it's rather charming in its minamilist approach and comedy squeaks! Well worth picking up even if it goes back up in price. Have left 5 star review on App Store - thanks to the Dec for making it free. Highly recommend.