Universal Zero Sum - A Puzzle Game / Action Movie Hybrid!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by thatfoolsean, Jan 3, 2017.

1. thatfoolsean

thatfoolsean Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 30, 2013
    Game Designer / Writer / Friend
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Touch Arcade,

My name's Sean and I've spent the past year or so working on a weird indie puzzle game with a story inspired by 80s action movies like Die Hard! It's called Zero Sum, and I'm planning on having it out this March! Here's a little trailer!

You play as Sarah Jacobs, a graduate student working at Cleveland University. On the eve of discovering a mathematical cure for cancer, your mentor, Professor Claire Liddy, is gunned down by terrorists. Fortunately, before she died, the Professor was able to erase many of the plus and minus signs with her bloody hands, saving the cure from falling into the terrorist's hands. It's now up to you to fill in the symbols, and re-cure cancer!

The game is pretty easy to play, but the puzzles get more complex in later levels, as different level types are introduced- y'know, like a puzzle game tends to do!

Here's a quick 90 second video on how to play (It features a mouse, but mainly because I couldn't figure out how to effectovely show touch controls. Imagine the mouse is a FINGER!)

The game should be out in March, and will be a one time paid Universal App with NO IAP. I'm working on an Apple TV version too, but that will come a little later, as I have to mess with the controls a bit.

Oh, and since the game is about curing cancer, I'm going to donate 50% of all of the money that I make off the game (35% of each purchase, since Apple takes 30% off the top) to the American Cancer society, so that by playing the game, you'll actually be helping to cure cancer! How meta!

Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions or comments or whatever at all!