Zero G : Gem matching game [iOS9] - 20 Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by designer023, Mar 8, 2016.

1. designer023

designer023 Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Front end web developer
    United Kingdom
    Hey guys.

First post here so apologies if I do something wrong (Happy to remove post or update it if I do). I've recently built my first iOS game and as well as promoting it, I'm also after some feedback on what I can do or add to make it better and more fun. I've posted in a few other places like Reddit etc and then found your community which seems like a great place. Don't know how it didn't come up in any of my searches while I've been developing things!

Anyway... It's called Zero-G : SpaceGem puzzle game. It's roughly based around the way 2048 in that you swipe gems in up, down, left right to get matches and then uses the match 3 or more ideas from things like Bejewelled and Candy Crush use. Obviously it's not quite as polished yet, but they have years more experience and resource than me!

The features I already have road-mapped are:

• Ambient music
    • An intro help screen for beginners
    • More leaderboards
    • Achievements
    • Better social sharing using SDKs
    • iPad version (awaiting app store review right now)

I'm open to ideas and suggestions that will make things more fun and add longevity to the gameplay.

Here are the promocodes:
    FNAMKAMFFAPM
    KPJRFMNYXYAF
    AYKX66PWRF7L
    PHNH3TFW3JEW
    F6HK6L6JWP96
    99JHKXHW3LT6
    37R33JY3L44M
    MRFX4EPL37Y3
    HPX7ERY3PE7L
    ELNLNRFK6AFM
    M4NK3FJJXWTP
    R3336XLM3KNJ
    YFR74TWRLEKW
    77RJLX66Y9EL
    9LFE9A3ATTX6
    YRAKEPNREEKA
    Y7KA7EJRHKN4
    M4L6PTTWP4T7
    E4NPJ3XPEM4H
    TJEY9KR34WY6

and a link to Zero-G on the iTunes appstore

Thank you and I look forward to feedback if anyone has any.

Carl

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Grabbed AYKX66PWRF7L

3. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    I got M4L6PTTWP4T7
    Thank you.
    I can see this being a great little game to pull out if you are waiting in line.

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #4 sobriquet, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Redemed E4NPJ3XPEM4H. Thanks.

The App Store shows the release date on this is 10/20/2010. Is that right? Did you make this over 5 years ago? This isn't a dig, I'm just curious about the games history now.

5. designer023

designer023 Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Front end web developer
    United Kingdom
    #5 designer023, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    I started the game years ago. didn't realise it had been 5 years! Wow! I made a geometry wars type game (very basic and not really releasable), then got stuck and basically ended up throwing something together and releasing it for a day to keep the name Zero-G (bad I know). Then stopped for a long time... Kinda embarrassing! I actually wrote a post about it!

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    KPJRFMNYXYAF taken...

thanks a lot!

7. Aramose

Aramose New Member

Jan 25, 2016
    YFR74TWRLEKW Redeemed try :)

8. designer023

designer023 Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Front end web developer
    United Kingdom
    Glad you liked it. Hopefully I can add a few tweaks just to make it that little bit more addictive ;)

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I forgot what number I redeemed. (Sorry)

So..... I love the combination of different genres. Very creative.
    It played smoothly. There is an addictive quality especially for high score chasers.
    The only suggestion I can give, and it is not necessary....is to maybe change the gem design or background when the player reaches a certain level. A little push towards wanting to keep playing.
    You could even possibly add some kind of power up that allows the player to change the color of one of the gems when they are stuck or mix the gems up into a different order..... There really is so many possibilities here.
    For the beginning player, it would be helpful to have some directions. And also... To make the beginning a little easier.
    It was easy for me to play but when I had a friend play that has never tried 2048 before, he became a bit frustrated because he lost too quickly.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your first game!!

Edit: oh yeah.... I played this on my iPad without any problems. I had to enlarge it as iPad allows you to do, but no problem.

10. designer023

designer023 Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Front end web developer
    United Kingdom
    First. Thank you for taking the time to feedback. I really do appreciate it.

Second. Thank you for the ideas/suggestions, they make sense and build on the direction I was heading in :D The gem design/background is a fantastic idea. Maybe I can add some kind of powerup after X points that allows a gem transformation/shuffle to help people out, or if they get stuck at the end give them one free gem transformation!

I'm looking into some on-boarding for new users, but not sure how I will do that yet.

Third. There is a universal app now pending the app store so hopefully by next week you can play on the iPad in native resolution :)

Cheers,

Carl

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Grabbed F6HK6L6JWP96! Always up for trying premium match-3 games. Thanks!

12. designer023

designer023 Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Front end web developer
    United Kingdom
    Glad to help :D Enjoy!