iPad Zero Chance – Space Maze/Shooter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RedStaR, Jan 15, 2009.

1. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    #1 RedStaR, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol, yeah with payback and nfs news, there is no more room for disappointment

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  4. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    hm looks kinda cool.

5. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    #5 RedStaR, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    First Impressions: seems to be a dodging/obsticle game more so than a shooter
    -360 responsive (any direction) tilt camera view (around ship)
    -sounds are pre N.E.S almost atari
    -Great visual tutorial (the best part of the game)

Chances it's gonna stay on my phone........zero (pun intended)

no seriousley i'm gonna play tonight and give it the 'ol rundown, but you won't feel bad for passing this up. it's nothing to write home to mum about, and certainly doesn't hold R.O.'s jockstrap

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    just dropped from $5 to $4

7. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    #7 RedStaR, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    I dont care how much it dropped
    got it last night, it's weak

these are the kind of drops that i can't stand. granted the only reason i bought this gayness is because there was so much bad news in the appstore yesterday.

I understand maybe holding out for a day or a week which is still a fast drop but damn.......hours?

lord take me now

8. zero

zero New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    broke student
    austria
    i am the developer of this game and i probably should have thought more thoroughly about pricing before releasing it. sorry for that.
    i'd like those affected to pm me. i can provide promocodes of zc or my next game (which is not finished yet)
    the last thing i want is someone who bought the game feeling ripped off.

a lot of time and effort went into this project and of course i realize it's not as polished as rolando or sim-city, but i intend on improving it and hopefully you will have a more satisfying experience with a later version.

philipp

9. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    Well then I'll keep an eye out for future development.

10. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    I am curious however, why more developers don't introduce their product at a sale price (while clearly stating its actual valued price in the App store).

This would garner more initial sales and visibility of a product which, in quality and content, almost invariably is a fraction of what will be months later. Raising the price later will generally attenuate the slope of the sales curve, but the price increase (return to its stated value) could be viewed as justified, as the product will have evolved significantly since its release. Furthermore, the price increase would not come as a surprise, as the App store listing would have stated this at the outset.

Here then, consumers who purchase the product early are effectively rewarded for their herd constructive feedback.

11. Sense Field

Sense Field Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I have been playing this game for a good solid hour and a half now.

I think the camera movement is very innovative. it almost reminds me of the "head tracking" demo that was shown on the wii a year or so ago. If you remember that head tracking was supposed to be included in Boom Bloxx but was later scrapped.

I like the challenge each level give me along with the puzzle aspects in changing views. It's not a shooter...more of a space ninja in 3D but slower and more methodical. I find myself thinking more while playing this game.

It does need a bit of work with the clipping and the music/sound effects need to be changed to better quality. The opening splash screen could also use a little work. The in game art in the cut scenes are so good...if the opening splash screen was in that style it would be nice.

Over all I am having fun with the game. Every time I die I think "just one more time! I'll get through this level this time!"

12. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Right, that's it, you have to add a slow motion bullet time button, that would be great !

13. Sense Field

Jan 4, 2009
    That actually might be a good idea...There would have to be a bonus for beating the game without using it though because I think a slow motion or time pause button would make it a bit easier. It is pretty hard in a good way though. Not too hard not too easy.

14. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Yeah, maybe only a limited amount of bullet time, and you could fill it back up by picking up bullet time canisters.

15. Sense Field

Jan 4, 2009
    I think you're right...I think the developer should look into adding a whole set of power ups. Things like force fields, bullet time, the ability to phase through objects for a short period of time, auto pilot...things like that.

16. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Negatory on the sound design. The square waves are what sold me the game.

17. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Yeah, i love the retro sounds.