Zenonia update ideas.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, May 27, 2009.

1. Murdoch

Murdoch Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    some one has already said this but ill say it again the storage is a must.
    It should be similar to diablo 2. Each town would have a storage box. no matter what town your in its the same items in the box.

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    good point, something to think about.
    I like the idea of the auto detect. Maybe instead of detecting the one that deals greater dmg, make it easier to brake away from the auto detect. maybe some sort of selecting system combined with auto detect. one could just tap on the enemy of choice to select the more important enemy while using the dpad to face other enemy's at will.
    My argument would be,
    when your surrounded and you have 4 low level guys hitting you isnt it the same as one higher level guy, if not the worse.

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    That's not sound reasoning, tbqh.

The 10MB 3G threshold really only effects iPhone uses, which constitutes but a percentage of the total iTouch/Phone userbase. Besides which, WiFi is the preferred method for downloading apps as it is the method shared by ALL the devices in the platform. So doing things with 3G solely in mind is not sound judgment as it only effects a portion of a portion (as even iPhone owners usually download apps via WiFi, tbqh) of the userbase.

And let's not forget that quite a few of the top selling games on this platform are well over the 10MB threshold.

4. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Some would like it to be larger.

I would like it slightly larger, and I agree with you on the need to make it semi-transparent. An opacity option and resize option would alleviate both those concerns, and allow those who like it just the way it is (like yourself) to keep it as is while allowing those like me to change it.

Options. It's a nice thing, no?

Increasing the resolution of the game to match the resolution of the iTouch/Phone screen will not remove the game's "classic look". The art style is what gives the game its "classic look", not the resolution. The resolution instead actually takes away from the great art in the game as makes it look "muddy". It should be clear.

Again, the dev went through the same thing with Baseball Superstars. Did increasing the resolution of the sprites to match the iTouch/Phone remove that game of its "charm"? Nope. If anything it increased the charm as the formerly muddy visuals were now clearer and we could see the great character design a lot better.

I'm not talking in game menus, with the items, stats, etc.

I'm just talking the option menus. We shouldn't have to cycle through them all with a virtual dpad. It's archaic.

5. Censorship

Censorship Active Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Improvement to your gaming experience is nice and all but I think there are very few things present in the game that need to changed.Like some issue that have been stated before

D-pad I think that requesting to be bigger would make thing difficult to see seeing how it can be troublesome when Regret is in the bottom left corner and you cant see him under the D-pad and your thumb. Giving us the option to make it translucent might eliminate some of that difficulty.

Minor sounds should be fixed like when you drink something to cure hunger it should not sound like you are eating or when you brake a vase it should not should like a wooden crate same goes for block of ice.

Time of dayfeatures i would at least like to know that there is midday(maybe something like light from sunset)not me walking around for 5 minutes in the sun and then *Poof!* darkness.

These are just some small concerns IMO.

If we weren't grateful for awesome such as this we wouldn't try to improve it.:D

6. deluxe

deluxe Active Member

Aug 13, 2008
    IT
    France
    Improvements (part 2)

- Storage in town should be added for convenience (not a killer feature, but would be nice),
    - Items repair system really is a nuisance, even more with repairs that sometimes lower max item health,
    - Maps include marks for npc with quests (either started or new). It'd be cool to have npc with quests in houses included as well.

7. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Yes, resize option and opacity option sounds like a very nifty idea. After playing a bit more, I too have to agree with Hodapp that I miss diagonal movement too.

And yes, options are a beautiful thing:)

Fair play. I haven't played Baseball Superstars so I had nothing to compare it too. Still not completely convinced on that one, but who am I...

Ah, I see...yes that would work.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=294369&postcount=16
    Thanks for listening to our ideas in this thread!