Zenonia update ideas.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, May 27, 2009.

1. NewTruthNeomaxim

May 12, 2009
    Again, PLEASE consider the "randomized dungeon" option. Its one i'd pay $5-10 for on its own, but the core game is already so good, and an infinitely replayable excuse to grind levels and get more gear would be AMAZING.

2. Shin

Shin Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    REMOVE THE VOICE EFFECTS WHEN REGRET IS SLASHING. It sounds so cheesy.

3. methano1

methano1 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    #63 methano1, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    All the sounds in this game are wav files. The music is like 10 to 30 second wav loops. I am not sure why people say they sound like midi, they are way way way above the quality of midi files. To me midi files always had a very tingy sound to them and there is often problems with changing the volume and pitch so everything sounds flat. And even if the sounds were created by electronic instruments originally it sounds very good regardless.

4. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Randomized dungeon? That's a pretty archaic bit of gaming right there. Not sure why you want it.

5. Rhdatz

Rhdatz Member

May 27, 2009
    randomized dungeons are for people who want to play forever, against monsters that will match their level as they grow.

HERE COMES A NEW SUGGESTION!!!

how about when it gets dark (night), it actually GETS DARK! i think you would get great atmospheric effect with a gradually darkening blue tone over everything even fading to almost black at the edges. make it so things aren't impossible to see, but so it actually looks like a night scene. lighter around regret but dark at the edges you know? pretty *'~

6. Mr.CeRiUs

Mr.CeRiUs Member

May 27, 2009
    Singer/Songwriter
    Philadelphia
    Definitely

100% agree with ARTA

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Archaic? Tell that to Blizzard :p Diablo 1 and 2 are still big sellers and are randomized, and 3 is in the works.

8. xploreinsanity

May 22, 2009
    Regret is 17, yet he sounds 12 when attacking, that was like my only gripe with the game. Having an Archer would be nice too though, and the last boss is a pain in my rump always healing when he has low health :mad:

9. JTHM87

JTHM87 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Auto Finance
    King of Prussia, PA
    +1 For randomized dungeons at endgame. Perhaps some crazy super-boss that takes insane levels/gear to defeat (a'la Ozma in FF) as well.

As far as the night concept is concerned, that is a great idea. Perhaps some sort of light radiating around the character so that things aren't impossible to see as well :)

Everything else stated in the first post also sounds lovely.

While I'd love to have all of this extra content etc. I believe I'd enjoy it more if technical upgrades could be made first.

10. Faucett

Faucett Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Would love to be able to turn music off, seperate from sfx.
    Several times I've had to turn the sound off completely, to save my sanity!
    Otherwise the game is incredible.

11. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    yep the menus and equipment screen is the ONLY thing i can fault this game on really. anyone who likes to fiddle around and squint at objects on a screen using a tiny dpad may as well go back to using a regular mobile phone for their gaming. plus if stuff like this isnt mentioned it encourages lazyness in future ports from developers. anyways, once this is made touch control and larger, the game is perfect!

12. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    not being funny here, indeed i may need to dive into tha game to double check but .... it does go darker at night bud!

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #73 GodSon, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    Though i love the game as is. I would like to see the following implemented...

-Menu to be more touch oriented. I would like to be able to navigate through the menu(s) by being able to touch anything i want to look at/change as well as still make use of the virtual D-Pad.

-Turn autosave feature off or limit it somehow. One thing that has frustrated me was when i wanted to try out a new skill i just unlocked and save before i added the point(s) to test the skill(s) to decide if i don't like it. I log out then log back in and it saves it... -_____-

-Paladin Class i would like to see a shield implemented with the sword. Pally's to me just look right with the sword n shield combo. Anyone? i mean they are considered "Meat Shields."

-More classes/save slots would be very very nice but not needed at the moment:

Lancer (Lance & Shield) :D
    Mage (stave's & wands)
    Ranger (Bows, Composite, Crossbows)
    Hunter (Whips)

Again thanks for a very awesome game!!! :D

14. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree with the menu thing, I have a bad habit if trying to navigate the menu by touching the screen. (Its strange how I have to tap the dialog box to progress though dialogues, but I have to use the d-pad and button to navigate the menu).

Also with the autosave, I think its fine. There are items that let you reset your skills and stats (30k gold each).

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I understand there are items that allow you to do this but i don't feel i should have to if i had just saved literally less than a minute prior to distributing points just to try out the new skill(s).

16. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Get rid of having to repair items. It serves no purpose other than just being a nuisance.

17. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    The menus should be tweaked a little to make it better. Also i think the amount of excess experience you have gained should be transferred to the next level, like when you only need 30000 xp to level up and u gain 50000 then the extra 20000 should be carried over.

18. Valaris

Valaris Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Safety Deposit boxes.
    I'm down with the concept of weight limit, it's a nice one and I enjoy it's dash of realism. My problem is unlike in other games implementing the weight system (see RO), they had banks/safety deposit boxes to store some items in. I just lugged around an armor, a helmet and a sword for 6 levels because they were min level 54 and I was level 48, which meant I would pick up one or two dropped potions and I'm already over my weight limit. I spent a good 6 levels in an almost perpetual state of overweight.
    Granted when I finally hit level 54 I was damn amazed by how quickly my character could run.

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The only things that, IMHO, are absolutely necessary right now:

1. Larger dpad area

2. Increased resolution The dev has been through this before with Basball Superstars, so they really ought to have done this before submitting this game.

3. The menu system needs an overhaul. Better fonts and touch interface rather than going through everything with the virtual dpad. That last point is also something that Baseball Superstars needs as well.

4. Screen orientation flip.

The developer needs to remember that both devices in the platform line (iPod touch and iPhone) have their headphone ports placed differently from one another. Right now in the current orientation, the game is very comfortable to play for iPod touch players like myself, as the headphone jack ends up placed on the upper right hand side. But for iPhone players, due to the different placement of the headphone port on their device, it is uncomfortable as the jack ends up sticking out of the bottom left hand side (and thus jabbing them in the hand).

With games that are to be played in landscape mode, there needs to be an option to flip screen orientation "upside down" due to the different placement of the headphone port. That way owners of each device can play comfortably. And the screen flip orientation option is needed for Baseball Stars as well, btw.

All of the other ideas as far as more classes, etc. are nice, but at this time not necessary. The 4 things that I've listed, however, are things that are needed right now, so they should be the first things updated.

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    +1 on a storage :D