Universal Zenonia 5 - (by Gamevil)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    My god.. :C

2. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #102 Jxsgamer, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    ... How do you repair the pickaxe?

I noticed that the low durability warning does not show up when your pickaxe is nearly broken... so, does that mean the pickaxe cannot be repaired? -.-

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I really really dislike the internet required thing. I wish they would remove it or something.

4. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    10 zen. Gamevil is so greedy.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Constant Internet + Even worse paywall = me not even downloading this. I was so excited when it was first announced by now my anticipation is at 0. I don't even care anymore. The last fighting game they released is probably way better than Z5.

6. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    What is the best class?

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Was level 13 and beat the first boss. Get a fire tune and spam spells and attacks with a few passive upgrades to attack.

8. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    #108 HeroComa, Jan 11, 2013
    I recommend the Mage class because he has a lot of dps and evasive maneuvering, I definitely would go for passive instead of skills because of the needed defense, attack and potion increase, I had no problem with the first boss but a few near death moments.
    And pro tip*
    spam the dash button and use the homing magic attacks as an advantage to gain the upperhand and harassment to enemies and bosses

9. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    I agree with the need for passives early on for all classes because the permanent boosts they give really help. I would however advise against the Potion and Gold passives because they will end up being a waste of skill points after the early levels.

10. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Bag space is prohibitive. Equipped gear takes up 10 of your 28 inventory slots for equipment. And I have to delete materials at level 15 because I have no bag space. 750 zen to unlock your bags. Cost? Roughly $13.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I think you are right... I am close to deleting it because of that internet connection.

12. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

WOW:eek:

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    People are surprised by all this?? I don't get remotely excited for new Z games, or any rpg that doesn't cost at least 5 bucks or so for that matter.

14. Jxsgamer

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #114 Jxsgamer, Jan 11, 2013
    Okay, nvm.
    The first boss was a cinch once I swap over to a Mechanic Launcher.
    Owned her at lvl 15... I'm glad the quests this time around are actually well rewarding, at least for now.
    In Deva square now: pretty place, no badass music though.

Curious, what class are you guys using?

15. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    So 5 levels over her? I remember when I used to beat bosses 7 levels UNDER them with ease. I miss Zenonia 1 and 2, it's all been downhill since then.

Also, is she unique in her healing? She heals so fast I have to constantly shoot her to even break even on damage (when around 1/4th health left). Below that, i've literally shot and had her regain health faster than I can shoot. That's just plain wrong.

16. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    It shouldn't be that difficult to beat the first boss from my experience, which admittedly does not encompass the Mechanic. I died once with the Paladin at level 13 on my first playthrough and I beat her first time with a Wizard at 13. I barely seemed to notice her regen at all.

17. heppi1234

heppi1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    #117 heppi1234, Jan 11, 2013
    Right I haven't played any others from the zenonia series so this is completely fresh for me but I really can't understand why everyone is slating it so much. "Pay wall at first boss"....no it isn't your just obviously poor at the game, probably going in all guns blazing thinking u can kill her quickly like normal monsters. I grinded to level 12 before attacking just so I could use certain equipment that required that level....yes it was challenging, yes it required a bit of hit and run, yes I had to use a few of my health potions, but pay wall....seriously just try a little harder!!! What's the point in having a game u can just own your way all the way through without stratergy or grinding?? I did that with fantasy adventure that came out few days ago and I completed it within two days...pointless!!

Yes IAP's are available for the game but u don't HAVE to use them. Admittedly I'm up to level 15 atm which I'm guessing isn't very high but I haven't needed to purchase anything but the bag upgrade (personal choice as I'm a horder n grinder). I'm sure the pvp might be tainted by people that have piled loads of cash into the game but what game with IAP's available isn't tainted by those who chuck 100's if not 1000's of £/$ into the game. At end of the day it's their hard earned cash they have spent to get the advantages, why shouldn't they enjoy the superiority? Understandably it can be annoying at times for us that don't want to or haven't got the funds to do it but isn't that just the same as everything in life

As for all the moaning about the whole IAP infrastructure, what game developer out their wouldn't want to make cash out of their game? Yes some can get stupidly greedy trying to rinse us all of our cash just to play but no developer will want to put alot of time and money into developing a game to not see some return from it. If people weren't so tight with their cash when it comes to a game they really enjoy then maybe we would see some more leniency. If I like a free game and have spent hours enjoying it yet don't NEED to buy IAP's I'll still buy one just to support the devs

As for the constant Internet connection I can completely sympathise with people's frustrations but if it stops all the cheats out there then I'm all for it. Admittedly I have unlimited 3G as I game way to much to have a limit, but it's just one of ten we have to deal with. No net on your ipad...tether from phone or just be restricted to wifi, not enough data allowance on your phone...upgrade your contract. Not happy with either of the above....theb play angry birds!!!

But that all aside I'm really enjoying the game, liking the fact I can just keep grinding an progressing without any stoppages. Not had a chance to play any of the events yet but I'll try soon. The joypad and battle combat interface are very easy to use, nice graphics, good gameplay an story. Can't comment on music or sfx as I never play with sound but overall really enjoying it. If anyone wants to team up for this raid business (as I said I haven't done it yet so not really got a clue) then give me a shout n we can work together #

Really???? I did the top bag upgrade for 250 zen so I'm not sure where your looking

18. heppi1234

heppi1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm using wizard, finding him pretty good aslong as don't get too close to boss's, found I had to alot of hit and running. Haven't tried any othe classes yet. I'm heading to deva next, did u do all the side quests at the village first? Which classes have u been using bud apart from mech? Is mech op?

19. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #119 Oliver Splash, Jan 11, 2013
    My main issue is constant internet connection, bag space & Gear not changing appearance...
    Also 10 Zen every 6hrs? if i recall correctly Android users got it every 2hrs, which honestly is completely unfair to IOS users!

20. Jxsgamer

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #120 Jxsgamer, Jan 11, 2013
    Well, I used The Laser beam (lvl 1) on her and that one beam took away about 1/3 of her health if I recall. Much easier than I was playing with my berserker; whom did next to nothing. So far, it has been easy going with the mechanic.

And yes, I did end up finishing all the quests at the slum, so I can avoid grinding as much I can.

@heppi: I believe 250 is for a single max out bag, but for all of them, it is 750, I guess.
    And if you look up the hacker id thread on gamevil.com, it seems the hackers are still going right through. Way for them to ruin it for everyone else.