Apple TV Zen Pinball is out.

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by iPadisGreat, Dec 18, 2015.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There seems to be only two tables available currently. I could have sworn I saw more when the game was starting up, but I could only access two after I downloaded the first table. It supports both the Apple Remote and MFi controller.

2. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    I contacted Zen via Twitter asking why I was unable to access all of the tables I purchased through the iOS Zen Pinball app. They said they are working on it and I will be able to play all of my tables soon.

3. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    I believe there is a little bit of delay when using my Nimbus controler while playing Zen. If anyone else is having the same issue, leave a comment. Pinball latency don't work well together.

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Don't have a controller, but the Siri remote works. Not a fan of swiping for the flippers, but there's no lag. Super excited about this one; definitely one of the games I was most hoping to see when I bought the new Apple TV!

5. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I only see the Sorcerer table, the others disappear in seconds. I also think there is a little bit of latency but I think is the app that needs optimization because in Geometry 3 there isn't.

Very impressed with Zen pinball on the tv

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Didn't it prompt you to download El Dorado? It did on mine. But yeah, I thought I saw a lot of tables the first time while it was installing or something but they never showed up again. What's up with that?

7. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    I'm hoping they sort this out pretty quick too, I've got it on my PS4 anyway, but I've purchased more tables on iOS so it'd be good to get them on the big screen.

8. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    #8 Danigarcia75, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Yes there was this prompt for el Dorado table but I don't like that one. I have some tables in PS4 too but a lot more in iOS and now with this ATV version I will not need to buy for another platform. Good thing this ATV and every day new games or updates of games I have appear

The devs said in their web they are looking to have the problem with the tables solved soon, so we will be playing all the tables any moment

9. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I was messing with the app earlier. Booted it through the App Store, and somehow a couple times all the greyed out table portraits stayed on. Went in to Marvel and selected Infinity Gauntlet (my favorite table). It let me start buying/reinstalling it. I was able to start that, then the app crashed.

When I went back in, the table was there, and I was actually able to play it. Once. After that, it was in the app, but not in the Marvel folder. Just Sorcerer's Lair would pop up, then I would swipe and Infinity Gauntlet would appear and bump Sorcerer's Lair to the right. Once that happened, it would always say there was a store error.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, and have yet to be able to reproduce what happened. To be fair, I only tried a couple more times, then went back to catching up on my Marvel cartoons. :p

So, they're in there, Zen just needs to push out a patch or app update, which probably won't happen until after the iTunes freeze.

10. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Wow at least you played that fantastic table once in the tv!
    Closing the app and opening again let's you see all the tables but selecting others crash the app. I guess we will need some patience until they fix that, maybe days or a week

11. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    I've been in contact with Zen via Twitter. They said the update is awaiting approval, hopefully will be up soon. They respond pretty quickly to Tweets. I'm very pleased with their customer service.

12. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Wow thanks for telling, this gives hope to play it soon

13. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    I had some tables on my 360, but don't really play it much. The bulk of my tables are on my iPhone. Between multiple pinball apps, I'm sure I have over 100 tables on my phone. :)

14. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    ahhh nice! can't wait to play my southpark table on the apple tv!!

15. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Excellent

Great on the iPad, and the minimal controls needed should make it perfect on the Apple TV as well. Can't wait to give it a go and glad to hear the table news. Now if only I could rotate my TV or perhaps build a pinball table around it...

16. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #16 Jerutix, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    I have the new Hori controller now, and it has no latency. But, big update coming soon with Force Awakens tables!!! Hopefully it will also include the Apple TV fixes.

Edit: According to the Zen Forum, the Apple TV fix update should be live as of yesterday. Definitely testing that tonight.

17. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Yes update is out! All tables can be downloaded but lag with Nimbus is still there. I think don't happen with other games so is weird. I'm getting used and is great to have it free in the ATV

18. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    The lag with the Nimbus is not a deal breaker, but it is an annoyance.

19. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    wooohoo finally be able to play my bob's burger table on apple tv wooooo