iPad ZEN Pinball: Inferno - Available.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gregz0r, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

The makers of ZEN Pinball: Roller Coaster, have released their next game: Inferno. The theme is of a rock band at rock gig, and has the same polish as their previous title. I like these a lot.

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Does "has the same polish as their previous title" mean, that it does not make fun because the graphics (ball movement) is not smooth?

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    So, instead of updaing the last pinball game they simply release a new one? I guess each of their apps will only contain one table. That isn't bad for the price, I was just expecting them to add tables with updates instead of just putting out a new app instead.

The first game still needs some work and they should work on getting it right before moving on.

4. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    LOL, fix the first one then we'll talk :)

5. PongHit

PongHit New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The reviews about the jerky ball movement is why I didn't buy the first one. Can anyone confirm/deny if the new one is any better?

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I bought it when it came out. It plays fine. i imagine if you turn on the music it could make a difference, but the music is just ambient pinball music and worth turning on.

I really like it though and haven't had any problems with frame rates at all. It's perfectly smooth. Some areas of the game are a bit dark, which can make it hard to see, but that's part of the fun of pinball machines like that.

I haven't tried the first Zen Pinball, but I've had nothing but god experiences with this one.

7. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    Looks kinda dark on the board. I enjoyed Roller Coaster, so i may pick this up as well. Never really noticed the frame rate problems everyone kept talking about. Maybe people need to do a system reset more often.

8. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Are you playing with the camera unlocked? The ball moves so fast sometimes it is hard to follow, and the flipper reaction time seems to be a bit slow. I restart all the time. The game isn't super choppy, but it doesn't seem fast enough to keep up with the pace of the game.