Universal Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sun Vulcan, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)

1. Sorcerer's Lair

48.0%
  2. Wolverine

23.0%
  3. Captain America

16.4%
  4. Don't like any of them

12.5%
  1. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I've done that a billion times I have 4gb of apps etc from all that. Figure iOS takes 2 GB. Now where is the other 10 gone? I just can't figure it out. I have hardly any photos, delete all my messages. No books, videos, music, or podcasts. It's a mystery to me. I've looked online and people seem to have this problem as well. Something becomes bloated but no way to figure out what it is without buying a program.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think there are a number of handy cleanup apps for just this very annoyance. Many old apps or aborted downloads will leave behind stuff. I know I ran one in the midst of the early stages of the big GC debacle several months back and it was able to delete some 4 gb of misc. unlisted crap! My only caveat would be to backup first as I've had one of these apps brick my system (I think I asked for trouble as the tool had yet to list support of iOS 9 and thus was probably not updated to the latest system specs).

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I will have to look into it thanks. Stinks Apple has such a hold on the memory and we can't expand it ourselves without spending an extra $100 on a device. It's been such a pain lately like I can't enjoy my iPad anymore without having to delete something else I'm enjoying and that doesn't even solve the problem because a day later I will have no space again. Ive tried restoring it from a backup and that doesn't solve it either it's just putting all that garbage back on it.

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #964 JCman7, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    So im working on fixing this problem so iTunes is telling me I have 7 GB of documents and data and other data. 1.1 GB of free space which my ipad is saying I dont have any free space, must be required for the device to work. Only 1.4 GB of app and 640MB of photos. Im going to try and diagnosis which apps might be blowing up but only reporting a small amount. Ive backed up and now Im going to go one by one and delete an app to see what happens.

edit: welp that did nothing deleted every app and it barely changed at all. Somehow Apple has these things programed so all the junk data stays on. Doing a factory restore and then going to back it up. Hopefully that will work. This is such a pain. In my research people with 64 GB devices and they have 40GB of Documents and Data. Like what in the world, this has to be some weird glitch.

Edit: after many hours of restore and backup glitches finally back up running and I have 5GB of free space. Yay!

5. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Yikes, I haven't been paying attention to this thread lately, just getting caught up now. Glad that you finally managed to free up some space, what a hassle! Hope you can get back to some pinball now!

6. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Thanks! I didn't mean to hijack the thread with this problem lol. I'm expecting an iTunes GC in a few days so hoping to pickup some tables I have missed, the new marvel girl tables and the Bethesda three tables. All look super fun!

7. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    The last 2 Marble Tables can you only buy as package for 4,99€.
    The new Star Wars Table cost 2,99€.
    I don't like the price increase for tables!
    And from new to new table, the ball is more and more like a bouncy ball!
    I don't like it too!
    What's happend!? The old tables have a better real steel ball performance/characteristics.

8. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7150

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Alright, I'll bite!
    When will these be released?

10. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    September 26.

11. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    yes!!! #

12. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    The Universal tables cannot be purchased.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Worked for me I bought Jaws, only one so far though so is it may be a certain one you tried to buy?

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I got all 3 first day, unless the latest patch broke this functionality. Where are you based, Ilsefan? Perhaps it is some sort of regional issue.

15. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    I purchased all three Universal tables the first day, no problems.

I was most excited for BTTF.
    But now I am totally in love with the ET table. To me it's by far the best of the three.

BTTF is ok as a table, but who chose the voice for "Marty"? It's just absolutely horrible and totally ruins the experience.

The Jaws-table I like the least of them. Actually not at all.

While playing ET and having racked up a nice score, the app suddently quit to homescreen.
    This has *never* happened before, I hope it was a one-time thing.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The 3 new Jurrassic tables dropped ($1.99) today but it appears, at least from my end in California, that their servers are down.

17. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yea, same here. Can’t download from either my iPad or my Android phone! Couldn’t believe it!