Universal Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sun Vulcan, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)

1. Sorcerer's Lair

48.0%
  2. Wolverine

23.0%
  3. Captain America

16.4%
  4. Don't like any of them

12.5%
  1. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    The Earth Defense table is now available on iOS. Downloading now.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    How is it? The video isn't available yet.

Billy

3. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    It's fun. I have only played a few games so haven't figured out very much about the table yet.

It's one of their older tables, so the slings are not too lively and bang bucks seem possible to make a high percentage of the time.

The giant robot is cool, however it obscures the top part of the table so you cannot see the ball when it orbits and this makes timing upper flipper shots fairly difficult. This could get easier the more time I spend with the table.

I haven't spent enough time with the table to really understand all the missions and modes, I started a few of them and they seem moderately difficult but achievable. I started an "Air strike" multiball which is standard fair. But there is another "Invasion" mode that will spawn a multiball and the object is to put the balls into a sinkhole to stop the invasion, but it actually seems like it is in your best interest to avoid the multiball and immediately sink the first ball before the multiball spawns - adding more balls simply makes it more difficult. I found that interesting.

Anyways, so far it seems like a fun table - perhaps not my favourite of the standard Zen tables, but also not my least favourite. If I was to attempt to rank the tables this would probably end up somewhere in the middle of the pack.

4. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Did anyone else pick up Earth Defense yet? Now that I have spent a bit more time with it I am enjoying it quite a bit, definitely a good table. Missions are do-able but completing all of them in one game and getting to the Wizard is extremely difficult (I haven't been able to get there yet - not sure if I ever will be able to). The Invasion mode adds an even greater challenge in that it will randomly remove one of your medals (completed missions) if you fail to fight off the Invasion.

5. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    El Dorado now available!

6. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
  7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #927 LordShad0wz, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Wow that's awesome. I'm sold already!

Especially the first order table. My favorite Star Wars table that I own is the tie fighter table. I really enjoy that table. So I'm sure the first order table is going to be awesome.

Billy

8. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #928 Jerutix, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Woo hoo!!! I knew there'd be one eventually, but two! How exciting!

9. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    When are these being released on iOS?

10. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Just found out. 14th.

11. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Are tables on iOS the same as console versions?

Anyone tried the Force Awakens ones yet?

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have both force awakens tables and I really like them both. They are fast paced and fun tables. I'd say they are both worth the money. I find myself playing the first order table more. I really like the sound effects.

Zen Pinball really does an amazing job with their pinball tables. They've made a lot of cash off of me. I was thinking of buying the Earth Defense force table.

Billy

13. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The First Order table is really good, awesome little mini-table in the center. Cool concept with the ball skipping.

The TFA table is fine, pretty standard for Zen. Not especially interesting.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You are right. I forgot to mention that. The thing is what happens though is the balls get stuck in the under table area and fall past the bumpers quick. Do that mode ends too quickly sometimes.

Have you tried the EDF table ? I'd like to know about that one. Last night for the hell of it I played the Mars table. I ended playing for almost an hour.

Billy

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    The new Alien tables are great!

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I agree. I really should spend more time with them, but with Game Center still broken... some of the fun really is the leaderboard competition.

17. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #937 HotHamBoy, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    The Aliens vs Pinball tables are some of the best tables they've ever made, IMO. Well, that's my impression after a few days.

I assume a Captain America: Civil War table will be next since they always do the Marvel tie-ins. And it's been since Ant Man that we got a Marvel. Although I wish they would do more tables based on the comics instead of the movies.

Since Balls of Glory and Aliens are part of the partnership with Fox, they BETTER be doing a Simpsons set!

Wish they could make a deal with Warner Bros and give us some DC and Harry Potter... The latter could especially inspire some fun table features. Would love to see a Hogwarts table with shifting stairs, secret chambers, the forest, a quidditch pitch mini-playfield, etc.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This should take today's best idea award. :)

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I've been having issues with GC as well some times it works sometimes it doesn't. Hope Apple straightens it out soon

20. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree the new Aliens tables are fun. I have had periodic Game Center problems but it's mostly working for me so I'm lucky. I like the Harry Potter table ideas too!