Universal Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sun Vulcan, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)

1. Sorcerer's Lair

48.0%
  2. Wolverine

23.0%
  3. Captain America

16.4%
  4. Don't like any of them

12.5%
  1. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I updated successfully. It did seem to reset the table for me, my prelude score was no longer saved but other than that no issues.

2. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Portal is out. Not sure how much it cost cause it does not say. I think I am just going to take the plunge blindly.

*it's $1.99 USD*

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    After updating your Ultron table do you still see a message that the table needs an update? No matter how many times I update the latest Avwngers table, I still see the "Update Available" icon on that table!

4. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    No the update icon went away after I updated the table so it seems like everything worked as it should for me. I was viewing the zen studios blog forums the other day and saw some others reporting the same problem you are experiencing, so I don't think this is isolated to just you and hopefully it will get fixed for you in an update.

5. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool. I'll grab it later when I get some time.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Grrr, the last time something weird like this happened the simple solution was DELETE THE APP AND REINSTALL ALL OF THE DOZENS OF TABLES. :eek:

7. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Ug, hope that doesn't happen this time!

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Mars table has arrived, it's awesome! xjaff I just beat your score but not by much!

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Is there a way in the app to list all the tables I've purchased so I can easily pick one that I've purchased?

10. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Well done! :)

Yes the Mars table is nice! I grabbed the esports version as soon as it was released just so I could try the Mars table. I am very happy to see it in the main Zen app now.

I still haven't quite figured out how to complete all the missions. I lit up refuel, sunstorm and pyramid lights on the table although I think I didn't actually finish all the pyramid stuff - I started repeatedly starting the pyramid multiball but wasn't able to lock the balls so not sure how that ends. I have not lit up satellite yet either.

Speaking of missions - have you been able to complete the missions on the Portal table?! I love that table and have lots of fun with it and seem to get decent high scores, but I can never manage to finish more than about two of the test chambers in one game. I have completed 1 through 4 individually but I don't think have ever completed tests 5 or 6.

11. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I am not aware of any way to just list purchased tables in the app. You can usually tell just by looking at the table icons on the main screen though - the icons for all the purchased tables are in colour, while the tables that have not been purchased are black/white/grey.

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I had the same problem as you with pyramid and I couldn't lit up satellite...weird.

I haven't played the Portal table much but yeah I'm not so good at it. Can't complete many tests

13. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Of course, this update added the feature of kicking you out of Gamecenter and requiring you to log back in every time you play. Very annoying.

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I don't have this problem

15. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I didn't have this problem either.

16. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Haha sounds like we played pretty much the same game on the Mars table. I am going to give it another go and see if I can light up satellite (and maybe catch your score :)

17. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Well I didn't manage to catch your score but I did light up satellite...totally worth it, you should do it!

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY

Nice I will have to give it another go.

On a side note, Ant-Man table announced July 14th!

19. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool! I just saw that notification as well.

20. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I managed to light up everything green except pyramid - I still was not able finish the pyramid final multi-ball, wow that is hard! I think I started it about 10 times in the game but could not complete it. Alas, I wanted to see the final mission. Oh well will try again another day. I apologize that I edged ahead of your score - although you will top me if you can complete that pyramid!