Zen Bound - game commentaries

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I see what you did there...

2. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Jeez, the top of the Tree of Reflection is tough. I'm having a very tough (but very fun) time on Perseverance.

And I love love LOVE Innocence. It's a great way to take out frustrations after having to hear crying babies at the movie theater. ;)

3. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #83 markx2, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    I have to agree about the nail as someone has said recently.
    I've been trying for 100% and I either have to give that up and settle for less or I have to cover the area around the nail first and not go near it. Touching the nail - especially when it is out of sight and I'm lining up for a tricky patch - is a little frustrating. Not hugely so but some shapes do not seem to lend themselves to getting the nail first and it could limit strategy. But maybe that's just me.

Tapping the nail after touching would work for me.

BUT - fantastic game. This is what I have been waiting for and more. Many thanks for creating it.

4. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Zen Bound Feedback

Thanks again everyone for supporting Zen Bound. Please -- if you like the game, kindly post a review on iTunes to help the game. More positive feedback equals more sales which results in more updates and games from the genius coders at SecretExit.com.

Enjoy the game -- we hope you think it has been worth the wait !

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    +1
    The visuals and presentation are surely top-notch, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy the gameplay.

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Just posted a 5 star review to the Dutch app store. Reviews are relatively rare here compared to the US app store so I hope it will motivate some Dutch people to get the game. :)
    (I did mention what we've discussed here as well: completing the level 100% is difficult because the level ends when the nail is touched.)

7. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The Japanese iPhone site ipodtouchlab.com gave us 6 stars out of 5 and also posted a youtube gameplay video:

Full link to the review: ipodtouchlab

8. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Yeeeeees it's finally here
    This was an inmediant bought just when I woke up and saw the bird in rope whensearched for zen bound
    All I can say is WOW this game is freakingly awesome I'm so glad I bought it will review it inmediatly on the appstore

Thanks for bringing this great game to us frand!!!!:D

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I love watching the videos, it makes me excited about the objects that are coming up in the game.

I do think, though, that a rating system doesn't have much value if a reviewer limits him/herself to 5 stars and then gives out more. :rolleyes::eek:

10. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008

No surprise there... them kinky people love anything with a bondage theme, pretty soon it would be no. 1 there heh :p

11. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    iTunes.
    I am stunned at the single reference to Zenbound.com

The 2 links go to the Chillingo site and from there there is NO link to Zenbound. Nothing. Or if there is it's hidden in the other 87.

So if someone decides to check out the game links - and people won't maybe see the zenbound.com link - they see a publisher site. This will sell nothing. It will impress no-one. No video link, no images, no wallpaper, no design. It's like you don't care about the game to promote it.
    This cannot all be laid at the door of Apple's linking. You have complete control over where those links land.

Chillingo - can I suggest a site overhaul? It would make thing so much nicer for everyone :)

12. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Just a crazy idea: add figure editor so everybody can add handmade figurines of wood :)

13. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Uh huh. I can see where this is going. No, there will be no schoolgirls in this game. :)

14. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Just found a problem in the German version: In the menu, the two points are called "Baum des Reflektion" and "Baum des Aufgabe". It should actually be "Baum der Reflektion and "Baum der Aufgabe".
    Not very problematic, but hard to look at^^.

15. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Does it mean you are already working on the new version with schoolgirls? ;)

16. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    You know... that actually is a good idea, maybe not a full fledged 3d editor, that would be hard to do, even if its possible the interface would be a nightmare. But maybe a simple lego style build your own group of blocks, which with the right group of basic shapes can still get you some pretty complex shapes....

even a school girl heh :p

Then all we need is a sort of an online server where you can upload user contents... and voila we can have the real NSFW zen bondage that passes the Appstore heh...

Or am I wrong? do they scan future user created online content? :cool:

17. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Cheers for making a brilliant game Frand :D! I hope sales go incredibly well, having a developer as genius as Secret Exit designing exclusively for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform is amazing. Best of luck with zen bound and I'm throughly looking forward to see what's coming next!

18. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Don't get me wrong, I'm into hardcore bondage as much as the next guy but I don't see why everyone is so god damn excited about this game?
    :confused:
    :D

19. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The German localization has already been improved, and we will check the text files internally for length and line-change issues. An update will be submitted soon.

20. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Eh, I'm patiently waiting for prey. I finally came to the conclusion that I like simple, easy to play games on my xbox and action games on my iPod.