Zen Bound - game commentaries

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #61 tastymac, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    Can't please everybody, par for the course.

Friendly reminder - be sure to post a review on itunes.

Frand, edit your sig. :)

2. grumpytreto

grumpytreto Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I have been waiting for this game since the first screenshots came out. I just got off work and had to buy it right away. I love calming type games like TanZen

3. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I'm so relaxed that I probably won't have to buy another game for atleast a 24 hours. Actually I think this is helping the addict in me. Love the game well
    worth the wait.

4. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I agree with the comments about the way the level is finished. Right now, when I earn 2 flowers and try to get 100% on a level, I have to do so while avoiding the nail because it will automatically end the level.

Maybe I'll get used to this and think of it as "There are two challenges in completing a level: getting 100% and avoiding the nail while doing so", but for now I have mixed thoughts about this.

It's the only thing I can come up with, though, everything else feels really good so far. :)

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    That's also my only complaint. But it makes it more challenging.great game!!!
    What should I play tiki towers, zen bound, or sway?
    I'm going insane!!!!

6. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Play Zen Bound or Sway. Tiki Towers is great as well, but right now it´s more fun to join in the Zen Bound and Sway hype. The main active discussion about Tiki Towers is gone now, so play that later.

7. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Err, why has Chillingo published this game?

8. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Wrap the nail area first.

9. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Probably because it has more/better recourses and channels to get the word about this game out. It has excisting relations with review sites, has done promotion/advertising before, etc. This way Secret Exit can focus on developing a great application.

10. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    But then when you get 100%, you have to go back to the nail from the other side of the object. That's a waste of rope! ;)

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Damn addicts...

We should start a group: Apps Anonymous

12. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
  13. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Mmm, I find it odd especially considering how you can basically submit your app to these websites but whatever :p

Looks a very good game nonetheless, the graphics look extremely good and so does the gameplay.

14. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Wow it's finally here! Glad I checked at TA. It still haven't appear in AppShopper at the time I'm writing this. Guess the waiting is long gone eh? For those who had been tracing the released of Zen Bound, what's your comment?

For me, now that's the waiting is over I think I won't check AppShopper daily anymore, ;P

15. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I've been tracing the release. Let's just say 150 posts in the "offical" thread later I love it.
    Live up to it and more

I'm half way through though. Oh course not 100 each one but close.

16. Yea I'm gonna have to wait for a lite version. Same thing for that Ancient Frogs game. Maybe they'll never come with lite versions but for $5 (don't give me crap about starbucks as I don't drink that addictive crap anyways) I have to be more selective in games. I'm sure it's high quality and high polish just not sure if it's type of game I can get into or not.

17. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Is that seriously part of the strategy? I don't see where it scores you for that.

18. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    In the Tree view (where you select the level) it shows you your record for that level: the amount of flowers (dots) corresponding to the percentage you completed, and the amount of rope you used.

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Is this game some weird fetish crap because i'm not into such nonsense or is it actually a GAME that is supposed to be played?
    Someone please explain because i can't spend my money just to tie some fetish ropes around inanimate objects.

20. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    That's basically the gameplay, yes. But it's a game, since there are goals to achieve (cover as much of the object as possible with the least amount of rope).