Zen Bound - game commentaries

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Any plans to update ZB so we can buy some more levels?

2. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Zen Bound will get a 1.2.3 update that fixes the silly bug that the game doesn't support the vibe/mute switch on the iPhone.

There are no plans to add any further functionality or content to the original Zen Bound, since our development effort is now focused on the project formerly known as "Zen Bound 3GS".

I'll repeat what I wrote in the podcast comments section here:

With the discussion that followed our original announcement, we listened to the reactions and adjusted the scope and focus of the project.

We haven't yet decided on the new name, but "Zen Bound 3GS" would be misleading, as the new game will run on all devices. Visual quality on the older generation of iPhones and iPods will be pretty much the same as the current ZB, but on 3GS hardware the visuals will be significantly enhanced.

There will be new content, but it's a bit too early to go into the specifics just yet.

3. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Be still my heart! :)

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Frand, will there ever be a performance enhancement update? Ever since 1.2.1 (or was it 1.1?), the game is not as smooth as it was when I bought it on day 1. Playing on my dad's 3GS doesn't make much difference, so I guess it's not my iPhone problem. I don't know why, the framerate when I rotate the objects (especially if I'm rotating quickly) is a lot choppier, not only for the new tree but for the previous two trees.

I remember someone also mentioned this issue, so hopefully you'd care about us who support you by buying the first Zen Bound before moving on to the new project?

5. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Are you absolutely certain that you are running the latest version of Zen Bound? There was an issue in an older version that caused a small stutter roughly once per second (this was caused by audio playback changes in the 3.0 firmware). We fixed that particular compatibility issue with an earlier update.

Can anyone else verify that there is a performance issue with the latest version available from iTunes? (That should be 1.2.2 if I'm not mistaken.)