Zen Bound - game commentaries

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    #41 BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    It's a given. For 10 that like it, 1 will not.

No one should be disappointed with the purchase, though. The gameplay concept was presented black-on-white numerous times - in screenshots, videos, and game's description. You all should know what to expect and what you are paying for. It would really be pretty silly and disappointing if people who bought the game based on the hype alone, started posting negative reviews because the game did not apply to them.

It's not a game for everyone, that's for sure.

2. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Awesomeness! I must has it! D/L now.

3. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    hoping a lite version will come out soon,

4. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Alright. I can live with the rope; as I suspected, I just had to get used to the slipperiness.

I still wish there were some way to prevent the rope from prematurely tying off on the nail, though. I have to work my strategy to paint the part of the figure with the nail first.

But this is really an amazing game. I just passed "Cooperation" and have been loving it.

Killer app for sure.

5. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Judging by the comments, it seems as if I should bypass all other apps, even Payback, for this?

6. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Ditto; it'd be nice if it gave a confirmation to "end"...and possibly take a picture of your paint job when you're done. (it'd be fun to rotate the object once the rope is tied off, compose the picture, and optionally have it saved to your photo library)

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    This game is just as weird, polished, and addicting as I hoped it would be.:)

8. polyplay

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

9. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    just make sure YOU KNOW what you're getting into with ZB. it's a different kind of game and it may not appeal to all.

if so, definitely ZB although i LOOOOOVE payback.

10. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Bought, hope it's good.

11. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Frand, I assume you'll read all these replies here when you wake up. Remember about 1-2 week(s) ago, we had a little discussion in the previous topic after I said I probably wouldn't be an early adopter of this game after the SPiN pricedrop? I started to change my mind in the last few days and the early reports from those who already purchased it, made me get it as well. I hope Zen Bound will bring you a lot of money so that you can continue to bring out original games. :)

12. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    4.99 introductory price? What is the full price?

13. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I have a feeling that it will depend on the success of the game. The better it does, the more it can go up in price. (If it doesn't do well, a high price increase would ruin the income)
    I'm not sure of course.

14. polyplay

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Who knows, but it is unquestionably worth the $5.

15. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Translation issues?

Well, this is a nice morning to wake up to! I hope you guys enjoy the game :)

That being said, I'm disappointed to hear that the quality of the translation is lacking. Please, for everyone with a problem, let me know in a PM which language and if there are specific sentences affected. The problems will be addressed.

16. Gieve

Gieve Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Morning Frand.

what can i say........ you out did yourself...... if you ever find yourself in Surrey England, i'll be sure to buy a round of drinks for you and your team mates.

The standard of presentation is increadable, you should feel so proud of what you have done, and the amount of happy bunnies you have made on this forum alone.

Looking forward to all of your success, you deserve it.

17. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    man, i really want to like this. the music is great, design is great, idea is great, but somehow it just doesnt pan out as well as i had of hoped

its really good but the hype outweighed its actual value imo

not worth 5 bucks, but 3 for sure

18. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Frand, check out my sig

First buyer and reviewer

Hehe

:)

19. michael24

michael24 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    why isnt it showing up on my ipod??? help :eek:

20. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Remember everyone, to download the soundtrack tap the 'SECRET EXIT' button in the main menu.